KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Full-potential Gambit vs Full-potential Iceman

Full-potential Gambit vs Full-potential Iceman
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King KAM
iceman doesnt have to remove the water, he simply has to flash freeze gambit, which he can do instantly as he wills it to.

this fight is a draw, because they both die instantly.

Slowing down Gambit's molecules wouldn't work since Gambit can speed them up. They'd stalemate with that tactic until Gambit decides to BFR Iceman or time freeze him. The water removal would honestly be a better tactic.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 10:13 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Originally posted by StyleTime
Slowing down Gambit's molecules wouldn't work since Gambit can speed them up. They'd stalemate with that tactic until Gambit decides to BFR Iceman or time freeze him. The water removal would honestly be a better tactic.
how can gambit speed up his molecules in a nano-second? and full potential iceman can suck all the water from him instantly it will take no time...

And Crocop got an easy route, even though what he did to silva was impressive, but wandy came in too heavy and with a shitty gameplan, and Barnett is already scared shitless of mirko. I feel like barnett lost to Nog, Nog schooled him on the ground, and won unanimous to me, and could have beat crocop again...but we will never know considering crocop will retire after Fedor puts the whooping on him....AGAIN

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 11:41 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

When Iceman flash freezes, the molecules arent slowed down, they are fozen in place. Instantly. Actually, the water removal would take a bit longer thus flash freeze is the best way to go.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 01:30 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

how can gambit speed up his molecules in a nano-second? and full potential iceman can suck all the water from him instantly it will take no time...

And Crocop got an easy route, even though what he did to silva was impressive, but wandy came in too heavy and with a shitty gameplan, and Barnett is already scared shitless of mirko. I feel like barnett lost to Nog, Nog schooled him on the ground, and won unanimous to me, and could have beat crocop again...but we will never know considering crocop will retire after Fedor puts the whooping on him....AGAIN

The same way Iceman can slow them down. Only in reverse.

Crocop can beat Fedor and he can beat Nogueira. Nog got really lucky with that armbar last time. I doubt it'd happen if they fought again. Mirko's route wasn't that easy man. Everyone who had a chance against him was there. The Nog vs Barnett is indeed debatable. I would have rather have seen Nog vs Crocop 2 myself instead of Mirko killing Barnett 3.

What do you think about The Real Deal event? Aren't Coleman and Fedor rematching. I honestly think Coleman could have one their first fight, but he got way too impatient. I'm not sure if he can do it now. Fedor has gotten too good. Also, have they announced who Crocop is fighting?
Originally posted by jrodslam
When Iceman flash freezes, the molecules arent slowed down, they are fozen in place. Instantly. Actually, the water removal would take a bit longer thus flash freeze is the best way to go.

I know the water removal would take longer but Gambit is surrounded by energy. Iceman would only be freezing a kinetic shell basically.(if he can even do that). That's why I said the water removal would be a better tactic. Both methods would allow Gambit to toss Bobby to the other side of the universe or simply freeze him. If they both go for their "instant death" moves, I agree that it will be terribly close and no mistakes or hesitation would be allowed. However, Iceman doesn't have a defense against Gambit's trump cards whereas Gambit has a defense against Iceman's.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 8th, 2006 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 10:56 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

The same way Iceman can slow them down. Only in reverse.

Crocop can beat Fedor and he can beat Nogueira. Nog got really lucky with that armbar last time. I doubt it'd happen if they fought again. Mirko's route wasn't that easy man. Everyone who had a chance against him was there. The Nog vs Barnett is indeed debatable. I would have rather have seen Nog vs Crocop 2 myself instead of Mirko killing Barnett 3.

What do you think about The Real Deal event? Aren't Coleman and Fedor rematching. I honestly think Coleman could have one their first fight, but he got way too impatient. I'm not sure if he can do it now. Fedor has gotten too good. Also, have they announced who Crocop is fighting?

I know the water removal would take longer but Gambit is surrounded by energy. Iceman would only be freezing a kinetic shell basically.(if he can even do that). That's why I said the water removal would be a better tactic. Both methods would allow Gambit to toss Bobby to the other side of the universe or simply freeze him. If they both go for their "instant death" moves, I agree that it will be terribly close and no mistakes or hesitation would be allowed. However, Iceman doesn't have a defense against Gambit's trump cards whereas Gambit has a defense against Iceman's.
Crocop losing to Nog the first time was in no way a fluke, Mirko had a 10 minute first round of standing to knockout Nog and he couldnt, in the second round they played Nogs game, and Mirko lost with ease, if Nog is just too much for Mirko on the ground, so if they ever rematched, if it goes to the ground, once again Nog will be victorious. But if left standing then Mirko will be victorious, its all about who imposes there will, because Nog can box and has a great chin, and can hang in their for a while in standing, even though sooner or later im pretty sure hed lose, BUT mirko cant hang with Nog on the ground at all.

Fedor is going to beat Coleman at the real deal. Coleman is a great wrestler and got a good take down in their first fight, but He has no gas tank, poor submission skills, and poor striking, Fedor is the COMPLETE package, and i feel that he will win, actually I'd bet on it. And for Fedor vs Crocop, Fedor out-struck Mirko in their last fight, even though it was close standing, and i feel he can do it again, Mirko is good, but not the best...here is how i rank the heavyweights in pride.

1.Fedor (king of the hill, hasnt fought because of injury but until proven different is the king).
2. Nog (lost a crap decision to Barnett which i feel will be avenged, and besides that has been unstoppable besides Fedor)
3.Crocop (great striker, but crappy ground game, and not the best at defending judo takedowns).
4.Barnett( solid guy)

and five is debatable between a few people...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 11:24 PM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Gambit is surrounded by energy, but what is internally? Flash Freeze starts from the inside out. If its energy as well, im sure hed be a big piece of iced energy.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 12:55 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Crocop losing to Nog the first time was in no way a fluke, Mirko had a 10 minute first round of standing to knockout Nog and he couldnt, in the second round they played Nogs game, and Mirko lost with ease, if Nog is just too much for Mirko on the ground, so if they ever rematched, if it goes to the ground, once again Nog will be victorious. But if left standing then Mirko will be victorious, its all about who imposes there will, because Nog can box and has a great chin, and can hang in their for a while in standing, even though sooner or later im pretty sure hed lose, BUT mirko cant hang with Nog on the ground at all.

Fedor is going to beat Coleman at the real deal. Coleman is a great wrestler and got a good take down in their first fight, but He has no gas tank, poor submission skills, and poor striking, Fedor is the COMPLETE package, and i feel that he will win, actually I'd bet on it. And for Fedor vs Crocop, Fedor out-struck Mirko in their last fight, even though it was close standing, and i feel he can do it again, Mirko is good, but not the best...here is how i rank the heavyweights in pride.

1.Fedor (king of the hill, hasnt fought because of injury but until proven different is the king).
2. Nog (lost a crap decision to Barnett which i feel will be avenged, and besides that has been unstoppable besides Fedor)
3.Crocop (great striker, but crappy ground game, and not the best at defending judo takedowns).
4.Barnett( solid guy)

and five is debatable between a few people...

Yeah it was a fluke. Mirko just got to confident. Mirko's ground game has come up a bit since his first fight with Nog. Don't get me wrong, Crocop obviously can't outgrapple Nog, but he made Barnett look like a little girl on the ground in the last fight. Whether or not you think Josh beat Nog, Josh did give one hell of a showing against Nog. Also, noone can knock out Nog so I don't see why Crocop not being able to knock him out should take anything away from him. Crocop, if careful, should be able to do like he did in their last fight and do it both rounds this time.

Yeah, I think Fedor will win too, but you have to admit, Coleman look like he could have handed Fedor a loss in their first fight.

My Rank
1. Fedor( Undefeated. 'Nuff said)
2. Crocop/Nog( I put them here because I think a rematch could go in either's favor. However, I think Crocop could take it.)
3.Nog/Crocop
4. Josh (He's gotten pretty damn good. Sadly, his peers are just a small level ahead of him so he's stuck down here.
5. Agreed. Too many fighters debatebly can be placed here.
Gambit is surrounded by energy, but what is internally? Flash Freeze starts from the inside out. If its energy as well, im sure hed be a big piece of iced energy.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think the flash freeze starts from the inside. Care to show me that?

Gambit also knows Iceman can do the freeze. Gambit could simply uses his own powers to keep his molecules moving instead of doing an attack at the start of the fight. This would lead to stalemate until Gambit throws in the teleport or the time freeze.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:56 AM
jrodslam

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't think the flash freeze starts from the inside. Care to show me that?

Gambit also knows Iceman can do the freeze. Gambit could simply uses his own powers to keep his molecules moving instead of doing an attack at the start of the fight. This would lead to stalemate until Gambit throws in the teleport or the time freeze.

This pic here doesnt actually say from the inside out, but every molecule inside Legions body is instantly frozen.
(please log in to view the image)

If Gambit is able to hold out and prevent that, then a time freeze would certainly do the trick.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:21 AM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

This pic here doesnt actually say from the inside out, but every molecule inside Legions body is instantly frozen.
(please log in to view the image)

If Gambit is able to hold out and prevent that, then a time freeze would certainly do the trick.
He is only freezing the water molecules not all of his atoms, BIG difference.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:01 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

.......you want atoms? You want molecules? You want everything that makes up a spacefaring (which means it can deal with temps three degrees above absolute zero) celestial ship??
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p192kj.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p208wl.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p217vf.jpg

You want energy being frozen?
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever6p268ua.jpg

(hes not touching it, or directing a blast towards it. He simply froze it)

dont know enough about New Sun to say anything just giving scans out

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 01:46 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Blair Wind
.......you want atoms? You want molecules? You want everything that makes up a spacefaring (which means it can deal with temps three degrees above absolute zero) celestial ship??
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p192kj.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p208wl.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p217vf.jpg

You want energy being frozen?
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever6p268ua.jpg

(hes not touching it, or directing a blast towards it. He simply froze it)

dont know enough about New Sun to say anything just giving scans out
With Apocalypse he shoots a concussive force burst and in order for him to have a concussive force it needs to have mass behind and not pure energy. With freezing the ship I’m not sure what that means, so the ship is frozen that doesn’t mean much because he froze it form the inside which doesn’t have the protection that you are talking about.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 02:23 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

...thats not Apoc. Thats the Stranger. You know, guy who is a cosmic being? Guy whos disengrated Surfers Board? Sometimes considered the fourth face (or is it third? something like that) of the Living Tribunal.

Part of his powers: Although he most often appears as a white-haired middle-aged man and assumes various heights, he wields vast energy-manipulating powers and can travel through space unaided

And the ship? He froze EVERYTHING. Which means molecules, atoms, inside, outside. He froze it all

Could Iceman do say this: http://img332.imageshack.us/my.php?...reeze4zt8la.jpg

Since he can transmute ice to water (and himself to ice, water, or gas) why not just turn all the water in Gambits body to gas??:
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?...etowater2my.jpg

New Sun is an energy being or someone covered in energy? What can he do exactly? I know its gambit with increased powers...but what can he do exactly?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 04:52 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

New Sun control all of kinetic energy and can exist as pure energy. As for my Apoc reference that is my bad but the concept still applies. As for the ship it said nothing about freezing the atoms just that he froze it, big difference between the two. New Sun with his power basically can do most of what Iceman can; removing all kinetic energy from something would freeze it as well or the opposite just blow everything up.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 05:17 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by ThePittman
New Sun control all of kinetic energy and can exist as pure energy. As for my Apoc reference that is my bad but the concept still applies. As for the ship it said nothing about freezing the atoms just that he froze it, big difference between the two.

The problem with that assessment is that in the dialogue they mention that he had to FREEZE EVERYTHING IT *IS* not just the environment, but everything that makes it up. That includes atoms, molecules, every moving particle of the ship

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 06:12 PM
superbatman86

New Sun control all of kinetic energy and can exist as pure energy. As for my Apoc reference that is my bad but the concept still applies. As for the ship it said nothing about freezing the atoms just that he froze it, big difference between the two. New Sun with his power basically can do most of what Iceman can; removing all kinetic energy from something would freeze it as well or the opposite just blow everything up.
No it said he froze everything it is.It was a celestial ship that could teleport people across time and space as well as tap into the genetics of people and control their powers.No matter how strong gambit gets he can never get as strong as Iceman can.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 06:22 PM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Blair Wind
The problem with that assessment is that in the dialogue they mention that he had to FREEZE EVERYTHING IT *IS* not just the environment, but everything that makes it up. That includes atoms, molecules, every moving particle of the ship
Well I disagree that he froze everything down to the atomic level, just because she said “every thing it is” doesn’t imply that if so he would have frozen them as well. Also this took time for him to do this as well and in that time New Sun would have already taken him out or removed all kinetic energy or what ever he wanted to do. Now if it was the third party dialogue then that would be different.

Originally posted by superbatman86
No it said he froze everything it is.It was a celestial ship that could teleport people across time and space as well as tap into the genetics of people and control their powers.No matter how strong gambit gets he can never get as strong as Iceman can.
Remember that New Sun is an Omega level mutant so he is just as powerful as Iceman.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 06:43 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

They have the same GOD DAMNED POWER!

Ugh -_-.

They both have complete, innate, and utter control over Kinetic Energy, guys. Plain and simple. If we are taking them to be full potential, they are pretty much the same friggin person. Iceman simply maifested his powers mostly in the removal of kinetic energy, (though, it's obvious that he can add it too), while New Sun (Son? I've heard both.) manifested HIS powers mainly in adding it.

Needless to say, though, if both were at their full (as of yet, unrealized) potential? Their powers would be identical.

Stalemate.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 07:12 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Soljer
They have the same GOD DAMNED POWER!

Ugh -_-.

They both have complete, innate, and utter control over Kinetic Energy, guys. Plain and simple. If we are taking them to be full potential, they are pretty much the same friggin person. Iceman simply maifested his powers mostly in the removal of kinetic energy, (though, it's obvious that he can add it too), while New Sun (Son? I've heard both.) manifested HIS powers mainly in adding it.

Needless to say, though, if both were at their full (as of yet, unrealized) potential? Their powers would be identical.

Stalemate.
The same power not at all, each and do about he same thing when it comes to movement of atoms but that is about it. Iceman removes heat and New Sun controls the kinetic energy which means he can speed it up, slow it down, increase it or remove it or what ever he wants. Plus New Sun and Iceman have many other things that they can do that are not even close to the same, but what New Sun does is at the base level of what Iceman can do so that is why I give him the win in this.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2006 07:48 PM
superbatman86

Well I disagree that he froze everything down to the atomic level, just because she said “every thing it is” doesn’t imply that if so he would have frozen them as well. Also this took time for him to do this as well and in that time New Sun would have already taken him out or removed all kinetic energy or what ever he wanted to do. Now if it was the third party dialogue then that would be different.

Remember that New Sun is an Omega level mutant so he is just as powerful as Iceman.
So simply freezing the surface stops a celestial ship that had time travel,the ability to go to alternate futures, genetic manipulation, and the ability to contain a cosmic being stronger than New Sun.Yeah, no.New Sun isn't an omega mutant just a very powerful one.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:53 AM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by superbatman86
So simply freezing the surface stops a celestial ship that had time travel,the ability to go to alternate futures, genetic manipulation, and the ability to contain a cosmic being stronger than New Sun.Yeah, no.New Sun isn't an omega mutant just a very powerful one.

No. He is an Omega mutant.

He blew up his home world. His entire world. That's why it's 'Sun', not Son.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:05 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote