KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Full-potential Gambit vs Full-potential Iceman

Full-potential Gambit vs Full-potential Iceman
Started by: Accel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by superbatman86
Uh Iceman HAS to control kinetic energy or else he couldn't be able to affect the temperature around him.

What the f**k?

Not true. Not in the least.

That's like saying that ICE controls kinetic energy, because it acts as a heat sink.

By extension, that's like saying that _I_ control kinetic energy because I can arrange ice cubes.

There is a difference between being able to AFFECT kinetic energy, and being able to control it directly.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:32 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Remaking universes? messed

Can somebody who read this Gambit series tell me when and in what manner he did this?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:38 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by superbatman86
Uh Iceman HAS to control kinetic energy or else he couldn't be able to affect the temperature around him.
Removing heat and controlling kinetic energy are totally different things, Bobby can freeze a card down to absolute zero but that doesn’t mean that it will hit any harder when thrown were as Gambit can make it hit like a Mac truck. In theory New Sun could “freeze” almost anything by removing the kinetic energy out of the atoms.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:40 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Can somebody who read this Gambit series tell me when and in what manner he did this?
I plan on getting these issues this weekend if I can; this was during my non collecting time. If I get them I post the scans, from what I know is what I have seen posted and read about on the net.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:45 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

I said work on remaking universes then New Son goofed and entered into a time travel.

New Son destroyed his universe's Phoenix also apparently eek!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 08:17 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Yup, new sun wins.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:16 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Soleran
I said work on remaking universes then New Son goofed and entered into a time travel.

New Son destroyed his universe's Phoenix also apparently eek!

Indeed....in fact it never came out and said it but the artwork made it look as if he beat apoc as well

@753

im currently getting you that scan.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:18 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

New Sun wins a big cold pimp slap

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:20 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 08:39 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's been years since I read that arc, but I am like 99% sure that the magic only started a chain reaction that blew the planet up. The powers were still inherent to Gambit. He wasn't amped in the conventional sense.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 09:20 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by StyleTime
It's been years since I read that arc, but I am like 99% sure that the magic only started a chain reaction that blew the planet up. The powers were still inherent to Gambit. He wasn't amped in the conventional sense.

it's quite possible but the amp is the way i interrupted it.....so when i see people post gambit full potential and new son as the same it has always kinda bothered me.

because when gambit fights new son he wasn't as powerful as new son so he cheated for the win...thats why he went back to the way he was. Power level wise that is

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 09:26 PM

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
it's quite possible but the amp is the way i interrupted it.....so when i see people post gambit full potential and new son as the same it has always kinda bothered me.

because when gambit fights new son he wasn't as powerful as new son so he cheated for the win...thats why he went back to the way he was. Power level wise that is
I think that was because gambit didnt have the new sun's expertise and experience with his powers. He had very little time to learn and develop them.

Thanks for the scans. It's rare to come by scans of him.

In another subject, even though the term omega mutant was never applid to him I'd say it's almost certain he is one.

Last edited by 753 on Jul 14th, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 10:20 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by 753
I think that was because gambit didnt have the new sun's expertise and experience with his powers. He had very little time to learn and develpo them.

In another subject, even though the term omega mutant was never applid to him I'd say it's almost certain he is one.

i could certainly agree with that tbh.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 10:22 PM
RexusMundus

I'm so late on this debate but, so far of the 'omega level' mutanta that have died Jean Grey, Nate Grey have both been shown to come back from death. Hence unlimited potential, debating what that means is immaterial unlimited potential pretty much meqans can do whatever by definition. As to who wins, I say stellmate cos unlimited Bobby can't die and New Sun can exist as energy which can't be created or destroyed hence , stellmate.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 07:26 PM
RexusMundus is currently offline Click here to Send RexusMundus a Private Message Find more posts by RexusMundus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I miss threads like this

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 07:59 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

New Sun is too much imo.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 08:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RexusMundus
I'm so late on this debate but, so far of the 'omega level' mutanta that have died Jean Grey, Nate Grey have both been shown to come back from death. Hence unlimited potential, debating what that means is immaterial unlimited potential pretty much meqans can do whatever by definition. As to who wins, I say stellmate cos unlimited Bobby can't die and New Sun can exist as energy which can't be created or destroyed hence , stellmate.

Someone said Gambit created a home "outside of time and space" which means dimension dump for the win.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2015 10:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

New sun killed the phoenix force...he kills iceman

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 04:09 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good bump.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 05:56 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

New Sun

Old Post Sep 1st, 2015 06:42 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote