KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Should've taken the blue pill b!tches
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Street level characters can dodge bullets (aka "I am an idiot") 16 22.86%
Street level characters cannot dodge bullets (aka "I am sane") 54 77.14%
Total: 70 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

Not to mention the fact that Spiderman and Taskmaster have CAUGHT bullets.

And supposedly, Logan's done the same thing.

And I can't count how many times Daredevil has intercepted bullets with his billy club.

Also, Captain America has dodged bullets AFTER they were fired, just as many others have.

I agree, that they SHOULDN'T be able to. Lest they can move at Mach speeds - but that's what suspension of disbelief is all about.

To answer the question....Street Levellers CAN'T dodge bullets....but they do. no expression.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 04:41 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Daredevil has dodged bullets after they have already been fired. Hes mentioned that he sees them as they cut through the air and it makes it easy for him to twist and turn between the bullets.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 05:34 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Anyone have a scan of Wolverine actually catching a bullet (and not with his chest or head) or dodging it like Spider-Man did in that scan posted earlier?

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 06:43 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Anyone have a scan of Wolverine actually catching a bullet (and not with his chest or head)

laughing

But that's the only way he knows!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:19 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Daredevil has dodged bullets after they have already been fired. Hes mentioned that he sees them as they cut through the air and it makes it easy for him to twist and turn between the bullets.

Refer C-Master's answer:

"Punisher was shooting at him to be fair.

"His heat. Pumps" (gunshots)
"By the way--in case you were wondering--I can't dodge bullets. I can't outrun bullets, I cant otthink bullets. So, it would seem he wasn't shooting to kill me. He was shooting for me to do something like this. To get away from him, so he could bail.""

In this comic, which I have scans of somewhere, (I think it's Ultimate Team-Up, with Spidey, Punisher and DD) DD HIMSELF admits he cannot dodge bullets.

Therefore, the argument that he can dodge bullets is nonsensical.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:21 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Before you said anything. It's a ridiculous non-canon crossover where Wolverine defeated Darkness.

Attachment: darkness-wolverine1-014.jpg
This has been downloaded 231 time(s).

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:32 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King KAM

Yes, you can dodge bullets, now go stand infront of a man with an AK-47 and start practicing!!! evil face

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:42 AM
King KAM is currently offline Click here to Send King KAM a Private Message Find more posts by King KAM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

People without superhuman reflexes shouldn't be dodging bullets after they've been fired. And Reflexes alone won't really help that much, you need to be very fast in order to pull something like that off.

To dodge a shot that's going to be fired, you only need to move faster than the shooter can anticipate.

Besides, comic bullets are the biggest jobbers in the world. They never hit, or the shooters never aim at the guys who they're trying to shoot. And bullets always slow down when they're going to hit them. Hell, I'm sure that even Aunt May has dodged bullets..

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 08:53 AM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Sam Z
Before you said anything. It's a ridiculous non-canon crossover where Wolverine defeated Darkness.

And we are not even so sure how fast that bullet moves...it wasn't a regular one, after all...

That's a good feat, anyway...and I wouldn't put it past Wolverine to react to bullet after it has been fired, if we go by his higher feats.

All these guys have been put to shame in bullet dodging by Nightwing, however. He's insane. Dodged bullets from 20 SWAT agents, with his back literally turned and in very small space (Stairway to be exact). And that's probably one of his lesser fats.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 10:42 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yes you can If you are a hairy midget with 6 butter knives

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 10:46 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
And we are not even so sure how fast that bullet moves...it wasn't a regular one, after all...

That's a good feat, anyway...and I wouldn't put it past Wolverine to react to bullet after it has been fired, if we go by his higher feats.

All these guys have been put to shame in bullet dodging by Nightwing, however. He's insane. Dodged bullets from 20 SWAT agents, with his back literally turned and in very small space (Stairway to be exact). And that's probably one of his lesser fats.
scans of said madness?

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 10:48 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Refer C-Master's answer:

"Punisher was shooting at him to be fair.

"His heat. Pumps" (gunshots)
"By the way--in case you were wondering--I can't dodge bullets. I can't outrun bullets, I cant otthink bullets. So, it would seem he wasn't shooting to kill me. He was shooting for me to do something like this. To get away from him, so he could bail.""

In this comic, which I have scans of somewhere, (I think it's Ultimate Team-Up, with Spidey, Punisher and DD) DD HIMSELF admits he cannot dodge bullets.

Therefore, the argument that he can dodge bullets is nonsensical.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

He can't avoid shots if he doesn't get some advanced warning

(please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 11:15 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 12:04 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 12:17 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

duh, he had prep time stick out tongue

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 12:21 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Did anybody here ever read The Destroyer books, with Remo Williams and his trainer, Chiun, Master of Sinanju? According to Wikipedia, Marvel published several comic book and magazine series based on the books, although I never saw one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Destroyer)

Anyway, according to the books ( I haven't read them in ages) Sinanju was the sun source of all martial arts (ninjutsu, kung fu - everything is a mere shadow of Sinanju) and practitioners were the best assassins in the world. Through training, their entire nervous systems eventually adapted, until they could no longer eat meat, and they could climb straight up sheer walls, survive impossible drops, dodge bullets and run over anything without making a sound.

These were cool books, basically ripping off everything in sight, but I always enjoyed the basic premise, that one could through sheer willpower and training (basically mind over matter) do things that were normally thought impossible.

The same basic argument applies to the common legend of a woman lifting a car off her trapped baby, stuff like that.

Of course I am not saying that normal human beings can dodge bullets. But the books were a lot of fun to read!
stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 12:57 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Scoobless
Seems the only thing keeping him alive is dumb writing

no expression

Agreed, actually. erm

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 01:15 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hank_mccoy

its a really dumb writing , he doesn't even try to avoid the bullets he just goes straight forward and none of the bullets can even tag him ....

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 01:17 PM
hank_mccoy is currently offline Click here to Send hank_mccoy a Private Message Find more posts by hank_mccoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

Skilled ones can avoid getting shot, with a bit of luck. But they can't literally "dodge" them, certainly not without strong anticipation. But anticipation requires attention, which might be problematic if someone else is trying to shoot you from another angle.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 01:24 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Here's an interesting article:

http://martialarts.jameshom.com/lib...ly/aa043000.htm

Dodging the Bullet

Being impervious to bullets is one thing--dodging bullets is another. While it would seem impossible to be able to dodge bullets, like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix, there's some history about training in the martial arts to dodge projectiles. For example, at higher ranks in some martial arts, black belts attempt to dodge thrown knives or even catch arrows. Ninjitsu, karate, and kenpo practitioners have all demonstrated the arrow catch--even on US television's That's Incredible show. But because of the incredible danger involved, catching arrows and dodging bullets seems to be still the domain of fantasy, something Xena, Warrior Princess could do, but not mere mortal martial artists.

Yet the legends persist. There's even an account of the legendary Morehei Ueshiba, founder of aikido, dodging the pistol fire of six army men in a demonstration of his skills. Common sense would tell you this has got to be bunk.

But as it is a personal account by Gozo Shioda, himself an aikido legend and founder of his own style of aikido, it makes you wonder if it really could be true:

"One, two, three. The six revolvers fired at the same time and a cloud of dust whirled around us. Then, suddenly, one of the six marksmen was flying through the air! What had happened? Before we could figure it out, Sensei was standing behind the six men, laughing into his beard.

and

Facing Ueshiba Sensei were the barrels of the six revolvers which had been fired. This far I could remember clearly, but the next stage, where Sensei had moved the distance of 25 meters and thrown one of the six marksmen, I simply could not understand. I couldn't find any explanation for other than "God techniques.""

There's so many facets of the martial arts that are just too mystical to explain, at least within the science of today. Perhaps in the future we'll understand more about human reflexes, coordination, and skills, and determine ways to amplify them to a level where blocking bullets with bracelets like Wonder Woman would be possible. But for now, these tales are just another part of the fascinating mystique of the martial arts.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 01:41 PM