KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » King Hyperion vs. Gladiator(full confidence)

King Hyperion vs. Gladiator(full confidence)
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

His low feats were horrible and his highs were nothing to write home about. Gladiator kills him.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 04:59 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
Glads wins I think in what amounts to a good brawl but Glads is just flat out better.

KH's feats are very kind of abstracted.

Oh he beat two universes worth of heroes yet he can not stop an asteroid with his Flash Vision. The same Flash Vision that crippled him.

Oh he said he beat a Galactus, yet Mimic can KO him going at half the speed of light and with only class 75 strength.

KH in terms of the Top-Tier guys was very unimpressive.

This is the man who convinced me that KH wasn't all that he's hyped up to be. Let's hope Newjak can work his magic once more.

Also, doesn't mimic only get 50% of a character's strength, meaning that he should be around class 40. Seeing as he copied the original Colossus' power.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 05:01 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah because those are very concrete feats right. The Exiles also beat Galactus once.

KH's actual feats were never that good compared to other High-Tier characters.

The asteroid getting KOed by Mimic, neck snapped by Namorita.

That's what sucks about off-panel feats. sad

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 05:01 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by llagrok
This is the man who convinced me that KH wasn't all that he's hyped up to be. Let's hope Newjak can work his magic once more.

Also, doesn't mimic only get 50% of a character's strength, meaning that he should be around class 40. Seeing as he copied the original Colossus' power.
Well it is stated he is class 75

Which if you think about it is feasible seeing it isn't like Colossus is right at 100 tons. We know he can lift more so 50% of Colossus' strength could be class 75 easily.

Originally posted by Kutulu
That's what sucks about off-panel feats. sad
It's not just that they are off panel it is also the lack of feats for the characters he beat.

For instance was the Thor he was shown holding as strong as 616 Thor more than likely not considering everything KH struggled with Thor has done before in the past or greater. What about the Prof. Hulk he beat was he as strong as his 616 counter part. Hard to tell.

But one thing is for sure you can not assume they are unless they have feats comparable to them which these characters didn't.

So we can only go by what quantifiable feats we can get from.

Which are getting KOed by Mimic, neck snapped by Namorita not very good at all.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 05:09 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Photon009
Restricted

Account Restricted

King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid had he wanted to. There was just no point since the small pieces falling off were still going to destroy the Earth anyways. That was clearly shown when he looked back and saw the small pieces getting past him, and clearly stated in the next panel when he said "there's no point".

Getting KOed from a 500+ pound organic steel cannonball at 1/2 light speed is not something to be ashamed of. Especially since it only really stunned him for a second more than KOed him. He was only down for a panel before he started moving and grunting again.

Getting his neck snapped by Namora? Considering Namora has been shown to be stronger than Namor, and a mid level Class 100 at least, it's not really that unimpressive. Especially considering he snapped it right back, and one shotted her.

And his high end feats arent anything special? Taking on 2 Hyperions at once and kicking their ass isnt impressive? Totally owning Holocaust like a ***** isnt impressive? Oneshotting guys such as Wolverine, Namora, Colossus, Shadowcat, Magneto, the Hulk, etc isnt impressive? Killing Thor and the Avengers isnt impressive? Decapitating the Thing after killing the rest of the FF isnt impressive? Crushing Mimic's hand like paper isnt impressive (Mimic is Class 75 btw)? etc etc

King Hyperion kills Gladiator easily.

Sig by Rewmac

Last edited by Photon009 on Nov 8th, 2007 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 06:10 PM
Photon009 is currently offline Click here to Send Photon009 a Private Message Find more posts by Photon009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shown to be stronger than Namor`?

Please

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 06:12 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Photon009
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by llagrok
Shown to be stronger than Namor`?

Please

Um, considering when she fought Namor she was shown better, and considering she lifted a large piece of a mountain (or something like that, i forget what happenned since i havent read it in a while), she is superior to Namor.

Sig by Rewmac

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 06:14 PM
Photon009 is currently offline Click here to Send Photon009 a Private Message Find more posts by Photon009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Photon009
King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid had he wanted to. There was just no point since the small pieces falling off were still going to destroy the Earth anyways. That was clearly shown when he looked back and saw the small pieces getting past him, and clearly stated in the next panel when he said "there's no point".

Getting KOed from a 500+ pound organic steel cannonball at 1/2 light speed is not something to be ashamed of. Especially since it only really stunned him for a second more than KOed him. He was only down for a panel before he started moving and grunting again.

Getting his neck snapped by Namora? Considering Namora has been shown to be stronger than Namor, and a mid level Class 100 at least, it's not really that unimpressive. Especially considering he snapped it right back, and one shotted her.

King Hyperion wins this.
His whole goal was to stop the asteroid which he failed in doing. Now tell me would Superman have failed or Thor or Silver Surfer. No they succeed where KH failed simple enough.

He was down for longer than that. There were at three or four panels between when he got KOed and when he got back up.

Namora is not stronger than Namor, I would love to see what evidence exists for this. Either way he still got his neck snapped and had it not been for him having a healing factor he would have died.

I mean I can guarantee Glads, Thor, Superman, or Silver Surfer wouldn't have ahd thei necked snapped by a similar effort.

Once again it isn't like his feats are that bad but compared to the people he routinely gets placed up against yes they are. He is no Glads, Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer level person.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 06:17 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Um, considering when she fought Namor she was shown better, and considering she lifted a large piece of a mountain (or something like that, i forget what happenned since i havent read it in a while), she is superior to Namor.
So you are saying she is stronger than a Namor not the Namor(616)

Yeah that happened but then again 616 Namor would have beaten that Namor as well. And holding a portion of a mountain is oddly enough right in line with 616 Namor's strength.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 06:19 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

A Namor, not the 616 Namor. It seems you've yet to grasp the whole "alternate universe thing" So I'll dumb it down for you.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 06:30 PM
Photon009
Restricted

Account Restricted

His whole goal was to stop the asteroid which he failed in doing. Now tell me would Superman have failed or Thor or Silver Surfer. No they succeed where KH failed simple enough.

He was down for longer than that. There were at three or four panels between when he got KOed and when he got back up.

Namora is not stronger than Namor, I would love to see what evidence exists for this. Either way he still got his neck snapped and had it not been for him having a healing factor he would have died.

I mean I can guarantee Glads, Thor, Superman, or Silver Surfer wouldn't have ahd thei necked snapped by a similar effort.

--

Once again it isn't like his feats are that bad but compared to the people he routinely gets placed up against yes they are. He is no Glads, Thor, Superman, Silver Surfer level person.
So you are saying she is stronger than a Namor not the Namor(616)

Yeah that happened but then again 616 Namor would have beaten that Namor as well. And holding a portion of a mountain is oddly enough right in line with 616 Namor's strength.

His goal was to stop the asteroid, yes. But he didnt fail. He gave up because there was no point, which is the key point there. He chose to try to stop the asteroid in a stupid way (i never said KH was smart, just powerful) by using his heat vision, which tore alot of relatively small pieces off of it. Then he saw that was happening, and that even though he couldve stopped the big asteroid, he wouldnt be able to stop the little pieces, so he literally said "there's no point" since there wasnt because the small pieces were going to (and did) destroy the planet anyways.

No, he wasnt down for 3 or four panels. He was hit, then Blink came to Mimic's aid, saying she hopes he's okay and that she thinks he only stunned Hyperion, etc, and then you here Hyperion grunting, and then the next panel after that he gets up. So he was only "knocked out" for one panel, which is more like just being briefly stunned as Blink said.

Yes, he mightve been in trouble if he didnt have a healing factor. But what difference does that make? He has one, a massive one, so it's irrelevant here. And as i said, Namora is AT LEAST on par with 616 Namor, if not stronger. She lifted a very very large portion of a mountain, something i cant see Namor doing, as well as got the better of the alternate universe Namor. Plus she just got out of the water like 1/2 a second before she snapped his neck, and it was a cheap shot on top of that.

I can guarantee you that Superman, Thor, and Surfer wouldnt have had their necks snapped. But in Superman's case, they wouldnt let Superman or Thor die to Namora in a comic, and in Surfer's case, he doesnt have bones to begin with. But what should happen is, they wouldve had their necks broken too. You fail to realize that 1 Hyperion is equal to Superman in everything except for fighting skills. And King Hyperion was beating the shit out of 2 Hyperions.

He's no Glads, Thor, Superman, etc? Considering hes killed the Hulk, Colossus, Vision, Shadowcat, Namora, Magneto, Wolverine, Sunfire, among many others with just one dose of his heat vision, and has killed big names such as Thor himself, the rest of the Avengers including Cap, Iron Man, and Giant Man, including breaking Cap's shield, has also killed the Fantastic Five including DECAPITATING the Thing, etc. He also crushed a Class 75 (Mimic's) hand without any effort whatsoever. He's also killed Holocaust without any effort whatsoever, and killed 3 worlds full of heroes before he met the Exiles. His original world also had no resources left to defeat him, so they nuked the whole planet, but he was fine. You know how many nukes it takes to wipe out a planet? ALOT.

And last but not least, do you even think about what you're saying? Hyperion has gotten the better of Thor, and in everythign except fighting skills stalemated Gladiator, and both Gladiator and Thor are AT THE VERY LEAST on par with Superman. And King Hyperion was beating the holy hell out of 2 Hyperions.

Sig by Rewmac

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:19 PM
vlaaad12345

You still arent grasping alternate realities dont=616.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:23 PM
vlaaad12345 is currently offline Click here to Send vlaaad12345 a Private Message Find more posts by vlaaad12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Photon009
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
You still arent grasping alternate realities dont=616.

I do grasp that. But their still close enough. I consider alternate realities 90% of the 616, unless otherwise shown stronger or weaker. And that's basically what they are, around 90%. So killing Thor easily, breaking Cap's shield, oneshotting the Hulk with heat vision, etc still puts him far above 616 Thor.

Sig by Rewmac

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:24 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

His goal was to stop the asteroid, yes. But he didnt fail. He gave up because there was no point, which is the key point there. He chose to try to stop the asteroid in a stupid way (i never said KH was smart, just powerful) by using his heat vision, which tore alot of relatively small pieces off of it. Then he saw that was happening, and that even though he couldve stopped the big asteroid, he wouldnt be able to stop the little pieces, so he literally said "there's no point" since there wasnt because the small pieces were going to (and did) destroy the planet anyways.

No, he wasnt down for 3 or four panels. He was hit, then Blink came to Mimic's aid, saying she hopes he's okay and that she thinks he only stunned Hyperion, etc, and then you here Hyperion grunting, and then the next panel after that he gets up. So he was only "knocked out" for one panel, which is more like just being briefly stunned as Blink said.

Yes, he mightve been in trouble if he didnt have a healing factor. But what difference does that make? He has one, a massive one, so it's irrelevant here. And as i said, Namora is AT LEAST on par with 616 Namor, if not stronger. She lifted a very very large portion of a mountain, something i cant see Namor doing, as well as got the better of the alternate universe Namor. Plus she just got out of the water like 1/2 a second before she snapped his neck, and it was a cheap shot on top of that.

I can guarantee you that Superman, Thor, and Surfer wouldnt have had their necks snapped. But in Superman's case, they wouldnt let Superman or Thor die to Namora in a comic, and in Surfer's case, he doesnt have bones to begin with. But what should happen is, they wouldve had their necks broken too. You fail to realize that 1 Hyperion is equal to Superman in everything except for fighting skills. And King Hyperion was beating the shit out of 2 Hyperions.

He's no Glads, Thor, Superman, etc? Considering hes killed the Hulk, Colossus, Vision, Shadowcat, Namora, Magneto, Wolverine, Sunfire, among many others with just one dose of his heat vision, and has killed big names such as Thor himself, the rest of the Avengers including Cap, Iron Man, and Giant Man, including breaking Cap's shield, has also killed the Fantastic Five including DECAPITATING the Thing, etc. He also crushed a Class 75 (Mimic's) hand without any effort whatsoever. He's also killed Holocaust without any effort whatsoever, and killed 3 worlds full of heroes before he met the Exiles. His original world also had no resources left to defeat him, so they nuked the whole planet, but he was fine. You know how many nukes it takes to wipe out a planet? ALOT.

And last but not least, do you even think about what you're saying? Hyperion has gotten the better of Thor, and in everythign except fighting skills stalemated Gladiator, and both Gladiator and Thor are AT THE VERY LEAST on par with Superman. And King Hyperion was beating the holy hell out of 2 Hyperions.
He didn't stop it because he couldn't stop it that fact was very focused in.

In fact he knew he couldn't do it alone so he gave Rouge a portion of his power to help him do it and both together couldn't do the job. That is the whole point. Also his Flash Vision never tore pieces off if you look carefully enough you see that those pieces were already off he just couldn't stop the big piece. That was his whole plan after all. He wanted to stop the big piece even if the little ones caused some damage.

What should have happened means nothing. the fact is that Thor, Superman ,Gladiator have all taken harder shots then Exiles Mimic and resisted a lot more force then Namora's attack. Also he was down for quite a few panels. He was down for entire page in the Comic I don't know if you've actually seen he comics but he was down for more than one panel.

Also Namor(616) has far better feats than Namora ever did.

Once again going into a tangent about who he beat please. No body he beat had any feats to speak off. They were alternate reality versions of the characters and there is no evidence they were as strong as their 616 counter parts. So to assume he can beat Thor based off of that is ridiculous.

Also KH wasn't beating the heck out of the other two Hyperions that fight lasted for quite awhile and KH only gained the upper hand because unlike the other Hyperions he was willing to kill and he still never beat them as they were still able to continue fighting. Of course then KH loses to Blink regardless

Also would you like to mention the fact that KH was receiving a boost of energy at the time and was in fact stronger than he normally was and yet he still couldn't beat Blink, or the other two Hyperions. wink

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:32 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I do grasp that. But their still close enough. I consider alternate realities 90% of the 616, unless otherwise shown stronger or weaker. And that's basically what they are, around 90%. So killing Thor easily, breaking Cap's shield, oneshotting the Hulk with heat vision, etc still puts him far above 616 Thor.
Except what you thin kthey rank around means jak and squat in debate because you can not prove exactly how strong they were. Therefore you can not use them.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Nov 8th, 2007 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:33 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Well I don't have time to post the scans basically showing him he is wrong so I'll have to do that later.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:38 PM
vlaaad12345

Wrong,until a alternate reality proves they are as strong as 616 they arent,and thats preety much always the case the 616 counterparts are always better,hyperion got knocked out for several panels from mimic,neck snapped by a low class 100 at best and couldnt stop an asteroid,pwning alternate universe people who never showed anything close to their 616 counterparts strength means jack.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:39 PM
vlaaad12345 is currently offline Click here to Send vlaaad12345 a Private Message Find more posts by vlaaad12345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not at all. The stuff you're posting there is also pretty flawed, but we won't have to get into that right now.

You're basically saying that beating an alternate version of a character is like beating one that's slightly weaker than the 616 counterpart? Then you're pretty much retarded.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 07:56 PM
Photon009
Restricted

Account Restricted

King Hyperion couldve stopped the asteroid. Ive explained this many times but no ones believes me. You're all idiots if you honestly think someone who can kill guys like the Hulk and Thor and take on 2 Hyperions and win cant stop an asteroid. I mean, one regular Hyperion has put out enough strength to crush a ****ign planet you idiots. Wake up and go read the story again. He didnt stop it because there was no point because the little pieces that were falling off were going to destroy the planet anyways. King Hyperion wins. And yes, in the Abraxas story, it showed that 616 is the main universe, and that the rest of the universes characters are not quite as powerful as the 616 ones, but still close as hell. 90% is about right. (They showed that with Galactus and someone else, i forget exactly who). Seriously though, the next person that claims he couldnt stop it, post scans of him "not stopping it" so i can show you the real truth.

Sig by Rewmac

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 08:44 PM
Photon009
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Once again going into a tangent about who he beat please. No body he beat had any feats to speak off. They were alternate reality versions of the characters and there is no evidence they were as strong as their 616 counter parts. So to assume he can beat Thor based off of that is ridiculous.

Also KH wasn't beating the heck out of the other two Hyperions that fight lasted for quite awhile and KH only gained the upper hand because unlike the other Hyperions he was willing to kill and he still never beat them as they were still able to continue fighting. Of course then KH loses to Blink regardless

Also would you like to mention the fact that KH was receiving a boost of energy at the time and was in fact stronger than he normally was and yet he still couldn't beat Blink, or the other two Hyperions

King Hyperion was NOT receiving a boost. He was just drawn differently, this time with glowing red eyes because the artist changed since the last time we saw him. He didnt get any sort of power boost.

And King Hyperion WAS beating the shit out of the 2 regular Hyperions. Read it again. The whole fight was him basically throwing them around, theyd get some good shots in, but most of the time he was owning them. And you say Blink beat him as if she beat him straight up through power. She didnt. She used a trick, porting a 1/2 ton of sand into him and letting the Hyperions beat on him. And he healed from the sand trick about a page or so after the Hyperions stopped beating on him.

And he couldnt beat Blink and the 2 other Hyperions? King Hyperion is insane, remember that. He couldve killed Blink instead of talking to her that time in the desert, or pretty much any other time he wanted. She was running from him the entire time, teleporting herself and the others all over the place. If he wanted to have killed her there in the desert, she wouldnt have had a chance in hell. And if it wasnt for Blink stuffing a 1/2 ton of sand into King Hyperion's body, he wouldve killed the 2 Hyperions too, as we saw as KH had both Hyperions pretty much on their knees when Blink ported them to the desert to pull that trick.

And the alternate universe versions are usable if youve actually read comics you'd know that. Theyre the littlest bit weaker than the regular 616 versions, but their still usable as i explained in my last post. So basically he killed a depowered Thor easily, a depowered Hulk easily, one-shotted a depowered Magneto, one-shotted a depowered Colossus, one-shotted a depowered Shadowcat, one-shotted a depowered Wolverine, broke Captain America's shield, decapitated a depowered Thing, absolutely destroyed depowered versions of the Fantastic Five and Avengers, as well as easily killing the real Holocaust (whose given X-Man, a high top tier, big problems in the past), toying with Mimic, breaking his hand (keep in mind Mimic is Class 75 and Hype broke his hand like tissue paper), one shotted the real Namora, and kicked the shit out of 2 REAL Hyperions, one of which has done stuff like gotten the better of Thor, and matched guys like the Hulk and Gladiator in strength.

READ THIS:
Let me put it this way...see this?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/HypeGlad1.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/HypeGlad2.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/HypeGlad3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/HypeGlad4.jpg

Thats regular Hyperion totally stalemating Gladiator in strength, speed, reflexes, durability, and heat vision. Gladiator only won because of his vastly superior fighting skills which is clearly noted. Now after looking at that, the King Hype/Gladiator fight would go the same way, except this time, with King Hype showing to be much stronger and more powerful than regular Hyperion in everything including strength and heat vision, he would overpower Gladiator easily. And if Gladiator snapped his neck, he'd snap it back. King Hyperion wins this easily.

END OF DEBATE.

Sig by Rewmac

Last edited by Photon009 on Nov 8th, 2007 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 08:56 PM