KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Superangels!!!!????

Superangels!!!!????
Started by: The Prophecy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Krieger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
2 Corinthians 5:8-10
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

That could mean that he wants us to live out our life as we feel, what makes us happy, prove me wrong, and you can't counter that, or you'll be pretending to know how God thinks

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:16 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by The Prophecy
That sounds cool sooo.....eventually he will split into 2 different beings.

Also remember he is a new breed of creature created but then cursed and burdened.

Last edited by The Prophecy on Oct 8th, 2006 at 03:20 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:17 AM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Also remember is is a need breed of creature created but then cursed and burdened.

Thinking of Powers, hmmmm

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:18 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

That sounds cool sooo.....eventually he will split into 2 different beings.

2 Corinthians 5:8-10
We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

God cares about eveything that His children do.

We have freedom in Christ but let's not use our freedom from sin as a license to sin. You know what I am talking about so I will conclude here.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:19 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

sorry I meant to say new breed of creature.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:19 AM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Re: Superangels!!!!????

OK I'm working on a comic book with a main character thats an angel.Therefore I really need some pointers and ideas.However the I reason came here is because I really don't want this character to be so much as religion based(after all he is half angel/half demon) and more interesting to read.

Tips on:
Costume
Symbol
Powers
Weaknesses
Origin
Who really are angels and would this really cause a big confrontation(religion wise) if I publish this comic book.

You could always take a gander at some of DC comics and Vertigo's works on subjects like this - Lucifer, Sandman and Hellblazer.

Good comics in themselves, and they offer interesting interpretations of religion and Christianity - angels, demons and gods in this modern age, just living in a mixed up world. American God's by Neil Gaiman was also an interesting story.

As to the rest? - Costume? In this day and age you have comic characters who have their "hero" outfit, but he could also just be dressed normally - though you might want to stay away from the Nihilistic grunge outfit, kind of overdone.

Symbol? - What is its relevance? Does he leave it etched on evil doers (like Zorro or the Phantom do) or is it just something that identifies him as a masked do gooder (like Batman)?

Powers - Usually better in moderation. An overpowered character is a difficult thing to pull of well, since if it is more powerful then everyone else it kind of takes away some of the tension, some of the humanity - think PC Superman. Should also be characturful - not run of the mill super strength. He is angelic and demonic - a blend of light and dark perhaps?

Weaknesses - Do you want it to be like a weakness to a material or type of magic (think Kryptonite or holy magic) or do you want it to be a character flaw? Heavy drinker? Prone to depression? Closet homosexual and insecure about it? I can tell you now that the second category is more popular today - makes a character more realistic if he has human weaknesses.

Origin? - Really up to you.

Who really are angels and would this really cause a big confrontation(religion wise) if I publish this comic book. - My advice? Don't go for anything to cliched - like angels are pure and fighting the one dimensional forces of evil. Go for something different - reverse it, have Satan as an anti-hero freedom fighter going up against an out of touch God. Have your angel loose his powers saving a universe God has decided is ripe for an end of times. Or something else - but an original look is what you are after.

And if you did publish it is good marketing to present something that might get certain people's blood up. Half the sucess of the Da Vinci Code is it is controversial.

quote:
Why would you want to publish a comic book about a demon? I contemplated giving you pointers until you said that the character would be a demon.

Oh come on. There is nothing wrong with doing such a thing, and some great characters are drawn from such stock. There is a reason why Dante's Inferno is still the most read section of the Divine Comady. There is a reason why people feel more for Satan in Paradise Lost then the unapproachable paragons of virtue. Lucifer Morningstar in Vertigo's Lucifer was quite interesting, and much more likable then say, Superman.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Last edited by Imperial_Samura on Oct 8th, 2006 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:21 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Since co title is the Ultimate Angel he must be powerful but like you said not too powerful.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:21 AM
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Check out this thread The Propecy when you have a chance: Wicked, Evil, Sadistic, and Without Mercy
Started by: JesusIsAlive

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:23 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

May I reccomend Hellblazer as something to look into.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:25 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

IDEA eek! !

Give the Angels control over the World in a similar fashion to the Agents from the Matrix

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:26 AM
Mr Krieger

Check out this thread The Propecy when you have a chance: Wicked, Evil, Sadistic, and Without Mercy
Started by: JesusIsAlive

That was poorly put together and shut down by Ushgarek, the God of these forums

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:27 AM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
IDEA eek! !

Give the Angels control over the World in a similar fashion to the Agents from the Matrix

But woulnt that be God's job????

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:28 AM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

What about his powers(Ultimate Angel)?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:30 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Alliance
May I reccomend Hellblazer as something to look into.

Definitly. I think DC and by extension Vertigo really did a good job backing Hellblazer, as well as Sandman and Lucifer.

John Constantine - a sign of the times.

quote:
Since co title is the Ultimate Angel he must be powerful but like you said not too powerful.

Well, he is in a world of God's and Angels, so it is acceptable he is powerful - the thing to avoid is a situation where it spirels into an ever increasing cycle of "I am the most powerful being! Now I am dead. Next issue - an even more powerful being."

Someone like the Saint of Killers managed to get around being powerful enough to kill God by good writing and creative scenarios as to why God was weak.

Last edited by Imperial_Samura on Oct 8th, 2006 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:30 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

But woulnt that be God's job????

Angels are God's Agents in the sense the Agents were the Agents of the head Machine

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:32 AM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Definitly. I think DC and by extension Vertigo really did a good job backing Hellblazer, as well as Sandman and Lucifer.

John Constantine - a sign or the times.

Well, he is in a world of God's and Angels, so it is acceptable he is powerful - the thing to avoid is a situation where it spirels into an ever increasing cycle of "I am the most powerful being! Now I am dead. Next issue - an even more powerful being."

Someone like the Saint of Killers managed to get around being powerful enough to kill God by good writing and creative scenarios as to why God was weak.

well I plan on having one issue where he defeats his demon side and banishes him.However he returns more powerful and begins to destroy universes(including DC and Marvel)but he doesn't get too those yet.So the angel must get all the help he can get from both of the universes to defeat him.So basically the demons is affecting the other universes as well

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:35 AM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Angels are God's Agents in the sense the Agents were the Agents of the head Machine

oh I get it thanks.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:36 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow. Just, wow. Threads don't get much more...something than this.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 03:37 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

yes no they don't

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 04:09 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by FeceMan
Wow. Just, wow. Threads don't get much more...something than this.

Is that something cheese cake?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2006 05:05 AM