KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Pan's Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 05:50 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I really enjoyed it...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 07:59 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

i just saw it. i really liked it, but i didn't enjoy it was much as the hype told me i would. i went into it expecting a movie good enough to change lives, cuz that's what i had heard. dont get me wrong, i enjoyed it, i thought it was good, just not THAT good.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 02:43 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black_goku#1
Codac lord of underverse

It was purty good really... it was loud though in some parts... maybe just my theater oh and som of the violence seemed well unecessary dont get me wrong i am purty sadistic but well... it seemed like the movie may have done better with a pg 13 perspective really good though the ending was sad but happy but sad..

thanks moviegeek
Jana lovevince,chris,coldfire

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:23 PM
black_goku#1 is currently offline Click here to Send black_goku#1 a Private Message Find more posts by black_goku#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Don't know nothing about this film only that it was nominated for BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM. How can that be? This film doesn't look one.

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 11:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo
just a modern guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Don't know nothing about this film only that it was nominated for BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM. How can that be? This film doesn't look one.

Learn how to speak.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 11:21 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

I really want to see this movie

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2007 12:20 AM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

was forced to see this, it sucked

the girl was too trusting

and this movie made no sense, like, it had no point

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 03:13 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I didn't like the ending, but I still thought it was a really good movie. I think the monster with the eyeball hands is another movie in the making, he was a masterpiece. I thought all the creatures: the fawn, the toad, the eyeball hand monster, were all really well done.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 06:58 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

The end, while tragic, I thought was fitting for the tone.

I also believe that the girl (Whose name escapes me at the moment) imagined everything involving the monsters... and thus, I believe that some of the holes that people have been critical of, are just plot elements.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 11:27 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dawsey28

I LOVED it but...

...Man I was expecting so much more fantasy than there was in movie.

It felt more like a war movie than a dark fantasy movie like I was expecting.

Still a great movie, though and definitely worth watching.

I didn't trust that damn faun through the entire movie.

The part with the "feast" seemed almost like something out of Silent Hill.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 12:33 AM
dawsey28 is currently offline Click here to Send dawsey28 a Private Message Find more posts by dawsey28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I didn't trust the faun either. My friend I watched it with and I were both convinced that he was using the girl as a way to get back into the Underworld as though he had been banished.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 02:47 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I just saw it today for the 1st time. Didn't catch it in theatres cause it looked suspect but after watching it today, i loved it. I'm Hispanic and speak Spanish it fluently so i understood the movie outright and fortunately I didn't have to bother with reading the English subtitles with reading the sometimes aggravating subtitles.

It's gory and violent but cool. Hey, it is a fairy tale for adults, right?

I loved that monster with the eyes on the palms of his hands.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 11:10 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TT Luvs ya

I liked the movie i jst hated the fact it was in subtitles, i kept lookn at the writing insted of the movie. It was quite gd apart fae that.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:49 PM
TT Luvs ya is currently offline Click here to Send TT Luvs ya a Private Message Find more posts by TT Luvs ya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Great movie. So unique and inventive.

Frightening, sad, heartwarming and gruesome. Awesome stuff.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 08:16 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

quote:
i went into it expecting a movie good enough to change lives

anyone who goes into a movie expecting this is a complete idiot. IT'S A MOVIE...

all this garbage that gets spouted about films like this are so far off the mark it really is ridiculous

even worse are people who harp on about garden state and how it can change your life...or its soundtrack can change your life...why?...because natalie portman tells them it can

idiots...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 16th, 2007 10:28 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was severely disappointed in this movie.

Pretty much the only fantastical moments were the Toad Scene and the Dining Room scene with the monster with the eyeball hands.

I'm exceptionally let down considering I spent the 30 Dollars on the special edition. It better have some mind blowing special features on that bad bow for I have not seen them yet.

I was expecting so much more.

I do have some questions though that hopefully will be answered in the commentary and special features.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:31 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

You bought the movie before you saw it.

Wow.....

I loved the movie. I really liked the captains story and the rebels. I totally didnt expect the movie to be violent at all..
But great.

Awesome acting too.

Old Post May 25th, 2007 03:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I buy all of my movies.

I never rent anymore.

SO yeah...........I rarely purchase a movie and not like it though, I'm pretty good and knowing what I like by seeing the Trailers and reading reviews and all that jazz.

This just happens to be one of those exceptions.

I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but I also didn't realize this movie was in Spanish.

I've yet to watch the special features, I'll do that soon.

What I find interesting is that the direct said this movie "Nearly Killed Him" and so much went into it.

Considering how little special affects was in it and how it was basically a movie set in reality for the most part like other movies, I don't see how this movie could have been any more harder to make than any other movie. I don't see how it could have "KILLED" him to make this movie.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 25th, 2007 10:11 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doomsday49
Restricted

Account Restricted

pfffff...lol....corny and overrrrrrated!!

my life rap isn't for the weak or feeble/ my youth was no sunshine the grind'll eat you/ they say learn from the past history can teach you/ but if i live backward all i see is evil.....Doomsday biatch!!!!!

Old Post May 26th, 2007 05:03 AM
doomsday49 is currently offline Click here to Send doomsday49 a Private Message Find more posts by doomsday49 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote