KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Pan's Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just saw this on DVD. I loved the visuals, effects and such. The story was a bit lame, boring and dragging. Much time was wasted with the secondary plot, in my opinion. Overall, I though the movie was mediocre, nothing too great. Above the average, then compared to the garbage that is infesting mainstream cinema today , but that doesn’t say much.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 02:22 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Untamed Love.

Pan's Labyrinth. I recently brought it on DVD, it's an excellent film despite it being in Spanish. Graphics are great, along with the storyline and characters - definitely worth the money!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 03:16 PM
Untamed Love. is currently offline Click here to Send Untamed Love. a Private Message Find more posts by Untamed Love. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well I buy all of my movies.

I never rent anymore.

SO yeah...........I rarely purchase a movie and not like it though, I'm pretty good and knowing what I like by seeing the Trailers and reading reviews and all that jazz.

This just happens to be one of those exceptions.

I'm kind of ashamed to admit it, but I also didn't realize this movie was in Spanish.

I've yet to watch the special features, I'll do that soon.

What I find interesting is that the direct said this movie "Nearly Killed Him" and so much went into it.

Considering how little special affects was in it and how it was basically a movie set in reality for the most part like other movies, I don't see how this movie could have been any more harder to make than any other movie. I don't see how it could have "KILLED" him to make this movie.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Not knowing the exact reason why he said that doesnt entirely mean that it wasnt hard to make.

Special effects doesnt exactly mean just CGI, it could mean the the building of sets.

Or he could be refering to the stress of making this movie and I can understand why. He just came off making two successful movies in Blade 2 and Hellboy and then he made this. Something completely different and in Spanish. That's pretty big.
Also could be that he got alot of flak from producers and people complaining about how this movie is pretty intense and violent with alot of mature scenes...but it looks and plays like an fantasy kids book.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 07:12 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WheretoVirtue?
Presumptuous

I just saw it and I can say it was "good." I wouldn't put it in my favorite movies or anything-but I wasn't bored at anytime during the movie.

Yeah, I wish she had done more tasks or something because that's what I thought the movie was going to mainly about. That's what I was expecting and wanted.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 01:08 PM
WheretoVirtue? is currently offline Click here to Send WheretoVirtue? a Private Message Find more posts by WheretoVirtue? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Muy Excellente.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 02:07 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Just saw this movie, like dit a lot. Refreshing to see good non-english movies.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 10:26 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Great movie. So unique and inventive.

Frightening, sad, heartwarming and gruesome. Awesome stuff.

Seconded.

I bought the DVD yesterday, and I was very pleased with my purchase after experiencing this wonderful movie.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 09:05 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It is. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 04:50 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brakeonthroo

Guillermo is a genius
Matt

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 06:32 PM
brakeonthroo is currently offline Click here to Send brakeonthroo a Private Message Find more posts by brakeonthroo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chadbang

The wine bottle in the face ruined the movie for me. Most violent thing i've ever seen on film.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 10:18 AM
chadbang is currently offline Click here to Send chadbang a Private Message Find more posts by chadbang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie tragic

Good film

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 02:52 AM
Movie tragic is currently offline Click here to Send Movie tragic a Private Message Find more posts by Movie tragic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I thought this movie was overrated. Some cool visuals, but not particularly interesting otherwise. The fascists were exaggerated cliches, I thought, which was annoying. But then again, I saw this when I was, let's just say... intoxicated with a particular substance (however, had I not been, I don't think it would have changed my opinion). And everyone raving about it probably raised my expectations..

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote