KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
I'm so sick and tired of "prefect human", Cap does superhuman things so often that I actually think Marvel believes us retarded.

Seriously, it's heart warming to see a human with no powers somehow ends up leading the most powerful team on the planet, but it's not realistic at all.

Cap needs a strength upgrade, possibly 4-5 tons.
He needs a speed upgrade. He should have instantaneous reflexes and near low in speeder moving/dodging speed (not running).
He needs something like a healing factor, not like wolvie's, but he can heal a broke bone is a few hours..His intelligence should be higher.

Basically, make cap better, and in doing so, you'll be ore realistic and people buy that crap.

Those power stats you want seem present in Ultimate Captain America, which is fine. Let him have a little more, and keep 616 Cap the way he is.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 03:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by roughrider
Those power stats you want seem present in Ultimate Captain America, which is fine. Let him have a little more, and keep 616 Cap the way he is.

I'm fine with this idea. Keep 616 Cap the way he is. Upgrading him would be almost as bad as giving Batman powers.
Originally posted by Alfheim
Oh yeah slightly OT. Nice sig Validus LOL.

Yeah, I'm wondering where that came from any way. The same source as Jug6666's CW scans?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:13 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Accel

Yeah, I'm wondering where that came from any way. The same source as Jug6666's CW scans?

Thats not the point. Its the humour, read Civil War 4 in Civil War scans, its a joke based on something that happened in the issue. Thats what makes the sig so good.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:22 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Re: Re: Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

Originally posted by Juntai
Batman does stuff easily as crazy.
*sigh* I know.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:31 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Thats not the point. Its the humour, read Civil War 4 in Civil War scans, its a joke based on something that happened in the issue. Thats what makes the sig so good.

I know, but I've seen similiar scans also making fun of CW #4 and I was wondering if they all came from a certain place.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:37 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Cap is Marvels true answer to Superman.

Superman represents what humanity can achieve in morality and character.

Cap is basically Marvel flipping the bird to Superman, saying we already have the best in humanity in Cap. We don't need an alien to show us the way.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:41 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by marvelprince
Hell no. Definitely not.

Cap is all about human potential. He is what people in the Marvel universe strive to be like. He's an icon to millions of people, not only in America but around the world. Think he got that respect because of his colour scheme? No, its cause of his will. Cause of how he continually battles opponents that should destroy him. Cause he nevers gives up and always pushes. Cause he never backs down no matter what the challenge is. Captain America personifies human will, embodies the human spirit. The reason he's loved by so many is because he accomplishes all that he has with his human abilities. Its his humanity that speaks volumes to humans, aliens and even gods. Giving him powers strips him of all of that

For a minute, I really thought this was written by Captain America's personal PR manager.

cause he never gives up... never backs down... personifies human will...

Can't we say exactly the same thing about 98 % of the Marvel and DC universe ? I thought so.
quote:
The reason he's loved by so many is because he accomplishes all that he has with his human abilities.

Human abilities ? Feat wise, CA is far above a human, peak human or no peak human.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:41 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: Re: Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

I know, but I've seen similiar scans also making fun of CW #4 and I was wondering if they all came from a certain place.

Oh, dunno.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
*sigh* I know.
miffed

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
For a minute, I really thought this was written by Captain America's personal PR manager.

Can't we say exactly the same thing about 98 % of the Marvel and DC universe ? I thought so.

[/B]

*sigh* Always got to put a downer on things. Anyway not exactly. He may be far above human but its the fact that he is still considered "human" and still does the things that other superhumans can do.

There is a sense of purity about him that seems to get him to places that other heroes cant. Cap can lift Thor's hammer, he was I think the first to be recruited by the Godess. People dont just pick him as a leader because of his brains its his determination as well, if he was just another hero he wouldnt be leader. Also in Secret Wars it was Cap who had to fight omnipotent Dr Doom, not the others.

Last edited by Deadline on Oct 11th, 2006 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:42 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

*sigh* Always got to put a downer on things.

So ?
quote:
Anyway not exactly. He may be far above human but its the fact that he is still considered "human" and still does the things that other superhumans can do.

And you don't see the contradiction ?
quote:
There is a sense of purity about him that seems to get him to places that other heroes cant. Cap can lift Thor's hammer, he was I think the first to be recruited by the Godess. People dont just pick him as a leader because of his brains its his determination as well, if he was just another hero he wouldnt be leader. Also in Secret Wars it was Cap who had to fight omnipotent Dr Doom, not the others.

Hmm, to "fight", you mean to be destroyed a few times by Doom... wasn't exactly a fight, was it ?

Back to topic : why would he need an upgrade ? He already does crazy stuff he shouldn't be doing.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:15 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Can't we just have well written stories that take into account
what everybody's powers and limitations are?
If a writer has to "upgrade" a character to sell more units,
then they're not much of a writer now....

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:22 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Yeah, they're all from the same parody issue. I can host the file if you want it.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:30 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Big Sexy
I like the early 90s era in comics. From about 90- 94/95. Thats where the IG saga and the maximum carnage thing was popular. It was around the the mid to late 90s that did it for me for a while.

Some things in the 90's were cool yes

A lot of the art was good in the 90's

The problem was corporate greed and no inventiveness

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:34 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

For years I used to hate Captain America(the character) but after I started reading Avengers and some of his comics I found out that my hatred was unjustified. He is a great character. That said, I really dont think he needs an upgrade, his character is fine the way it is.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:40 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, they're all from the same parody issue. I can host the file if you want it.

Does that mean it's all from a printed parody issue (i.e. not just from a parody website)?

If so, you don't have to host it, but I would appreciate it if you told me where it came from specifically.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:58 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

**** no. That'll just lead to Cap doing even more impossible crap. It's not as if he's the only character that does things that shouldn't be possible given his stated abilities and powerset.

Agreed.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:20 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i remember he got an upgrade. once but in an alternate Universe. where some one mucked with the serum later on in his life and he was strong as classic spidey....but all i can say is.....*puts on a totally gay voice* HATED IT!!

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:41 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

do it eek! or PM me a website por favor

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:49 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I do try to get him on the best late night shows

.[/B]

You could, it just wouldn't be true. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more resilent than Cap.

Human abilities ? Feat wise, CA is far above a human, peak human or no peak human.

So are Daredevil, Batman, Green Arrow, etc. I mean in terms of the comics. You know, the books where humans can achieve the feats those guys can.

Anyway, whats the point of this. Do you disagree with my stance or just couldn't pass up the opportunity to try to pick apart a post?

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 03:29 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by marvelprince
Anyway, whats the point of this. Do you disagree with my stance or just couldn't pass up the opportunity to try to pick apart a post?

I read your post and didn't agree with it because I thought you were exaggerating. I replied to your post in a normal way with good arguments, and suddenly I have to justify myself why I post here ?

Sad.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:14 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I still say give him a healing factor, and he can be taking down Hulk with his hands too....

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:25 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote