KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly, he does crazy stuff he shouldn't be able to do. Give him an upgrade and then he'll have an excuse.

I'm tired of seeing Cap fight friggin' cosmics when he's just peak human.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:45 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Exactly, he does crazy stuff he shouldn't be able to do. Give him an upgrade and then he'll have an excuse.

I'm tired of seeing Cap fight friggin' cosmics when he's just peak human.

Right after, we give Batman an upgrade...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:54 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
Right after, we give Batman an upgrade...

D.C streetlevelers are different. They almost always are more powerful simply because they have to compete with higher tier superhumans.

I'm ok with D.C being that way, Marvel shouldn't be that way. Cap has no reason to be doing the stupid shit he does with his powerscale.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:06 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

D.C streetlevelers are different. They almost always are more powerful simply because they have to compete with higher tier superhumans.

I'm ok with D.C being that way, Marvel shouldn't be that way. Cap has no reason to be doing the stupid shit he does with his powerscale.

Whatcha mean?

It's universal for BOTH universes for streetlevelers like Cap and Bat to be (most of the time) at their correct powerlevels when they're in their own environment.

However when they interacted with superpowered people, their power levels rise rapidly.

Both Bats and Cap are victims of this notion. And they're not alone. Nightwing rises in power when he's with the Outsiders. Daredevil can suddenly take Thor's hammer and Iron Man's sonic attacks when he's working with the Avengers.

It goes both ways....

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:27 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
Whatcha mean?

It's universal for BOTH universes for streetlevelers like Cap and Bat to be (most of the time) at their correct powerlevels when they're in their own environment.

However when they interacted with superpowered people, their power levels rise rapidly.

Both Bats and Cap are victims of this notion. And they're not alone. Nightwing rises in power when he's with the Outsiders. Daredevil can suddenly take Thor's hammer and Iron Man's sonic attacks when he's working with the Avengers.

It goes both ways....

Nah, have you ever read the old Cap comics? His average showings there were way above his Avenger showings.

I see it as either give the bastard an upgrade, or stop making him out to be a superhuman.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:38 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by marvelprince

Anyway, whats the point of this. Do you disagree with my stance or just couldn't pass up the opportunity to try to pick apart a post?

You know what I mean? Im glad im not the only one who noticed.

Nah, have you ever read the old Cap comics? His average showings there were way above his Avenger showings.

I see it as either give the bastard an upgrade, or stop making him out to be a superhuman.

Yeah but why are you worrying about old stuff for? confused

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:57 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah but why are you worrying about old stuff for? confused

Agree. I'm halfway through the current Cap series and he seems pretty down to Earth in power. At least as far as being human goes for comic book characters in general.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:04 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Accel
Does that mean it's all from a printed parody issue (i.e. not just from a parody website)?

If so, you don't have to host it, but I would appreciate it if you told me where it came from specifically.

It's from a website but its down these days.

Here's a torrent link for it though.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/482103/1154724/

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:06 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

A power upgrade?

Why? Because he got his ass handed to him by Iron Man?

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 08:29 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I read your post and didn't agree with it because I thought you were exaggerating. I replied to your post in a normal way with good arguments, and suddenly I have to justify myself why I post here ?

Sad.

Wow. Take it easy. I only asked cause I couldn't tell whether you disagreed with me or whether you agreed but thought I was going a little overboard with my metaphors, similies, etc.

Again, I can't tell where you stand on this. Do you think Captain America needs an upgrade or do you think he's fine the way he is?

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 12:04 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Isn't it enough he's immortal, because of the super solider serum?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 03:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Validus
It's from a website but its down these days.

Here's a torrent link for it though.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/482103/1154724/

Shoot. I can never download torrents for some reason.

If it's all right with you, then I am now asking if you could host it for me, since it doesn't look like I'll be able to see it any other way.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 04:33 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

This just proves that Peak human is strong in marvel.

Peak-human in Marvel does not mean just a man in his prime like say Batman or Muhumad Ali.

Peak human means Peak of human potential or the maximum human level. If you'd take the time to think about what that means, you'd know its something else.

First off even real life humans can do extreme feats like the old lady that lifted a car to save here child(adrenaline) or martial art masters that kick through lots of bricks and bend steel bars. And then there's the real-human always breaking new records in strength/speed.

Then there's already comic book humans like Batman or Shang-chi that destroy even real life human extreme feats.

Now take it too another level with a actual enhanced human with tons of physical train and martial arts. As the great Doctor that created the serum stated.....

quote:

A man unlike the world has never seen before!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:58 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by Alfheim
You know what I mean? Im glad im not the only one who noticed.

Erm right. Whatever. Thanos wins confused
Originally posted by Marvelprince
Again, I can't tell where you stand on this. Do you think Captain America needs an upgrade or do you think he's fine the way he is?

No, no upgrade. He's fine the way he is. Being the best street level hero there is, is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm not an upgrade fan by the way.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:59 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kenobi

Cap

I always believed that Cap needs a healing factor.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 10:47 PM
kenobi is currently offline Click here to Send kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Re: Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

I'm so sick and tired of "prefect human", Cap does superhuman things so often that I actually think Marvel believes us retarded.

Seriously, it's heart warming to see a human with no powers somehow ends up leading the most powerful team on the planet, but it's not realistic at all.

Cap needs a strength upgrade, possibly 4-5 tons.
He needs a speed upgrade. He should have instantaneous reflexes and near low in speeder moving/dodging speed (not running).
He needs something like a healing factor, not like wolvie's, but he can heal a broke bone is a few hours..His intelligence should be higher.

Basically, make cap better, and in doing so, you'll be ore realistic and people buy that crap.

No.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 10:51 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Erm right. Whatever. Thanos wins confused

No, no upgrade. He's fine the way he is. Being the best street level hero there is, is nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm not an upgrade fan by the way. [/B]

Ditto. If it ain't broke then fix it

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:13 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Actually im getting pissed off by all these people like Wolverina and Elektra gettting upgrades. I like Cap the way he is but its like everyone is getting more powerful. Maybe thats why people say he has a joobber aura. If Cap has an upgrade hes not Cap anymore, but at the sametime he needs to keep up with rest of the MU.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 04:20 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kbrown2225

Back in the 1970's Cap was given outright "superstrength." I thought it was a great addition to the character, but eventually they phased it out.

I agree, Captain America should have more in the way of "super" power rather than the old "peak of human perfection" thing, that would allow Thor to kill him with one punch.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 12:42 AM
kbrown2225 is currently offline Click here to Send kbrown2225 a Private Message Find more posts by kbrown2225 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

No. Cap is peak human and virtually immortal; that's enough. The reason he and Batman consistently do so well punching above their weight class, is because both are such smart, decisive strategists who find the weak points in everything and exploit it. Plus, it's an unwritten rule that comic readers like seeing the underdog do well against an overpowered opponent.

We just have to live with the suspension of disbelief that comes with Cap's Shield and the Batkick, and how they seem to be reality warping attacks within the fragile logic of comics.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2013 03:43 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote