KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Ant-Man, The Movie

Ant-Man, The Movie
Started by: PlasticMan411

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/24/05/m...-antman-feature

Stevan Speilberg is directing antman!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** yeah

most likely its fake as i cannot find this anywhere

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 25th, 2014 07:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nice insight on the situation.

Old Post May 27th, 2014 10:06 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I didn't watch your video, but I'm assuming its a Tone argument? I can't subscribe to that unless Feige and the big heads of Disney are completely idiotic. Wright is a comedy director, and thinking your gonna get something else is textbook insanity.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 27th, 2014 11:02 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Golgo13
Nice insight on the situation.

Anyone else notice when they did the 'Kinberg talks Apocalypse' segment around the 20 minute mark, the picture they ran was not of Kinberg & Apocalypse but Kinberg & Darkseid? As he appeared in Final Crisis? laughing

Somebody on their production crew thought all blue & grey guys look alike, and ran the first thing they googled. stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 28th, 2014 04:15 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I didn't watch your video, but I'm assuming its a Tone argument? I can't subscribe to that unless Feige and the big heads of Disney are completely idiotic. Wright is a comedy director, and thinking your gonna get something else is textbook insanity.

Here is a NEWSARAMA article about it.

http://www.newsarama.com/21227-wrig...-re-writes.html

Apparently over re-writes.

Old Post May 28th, 2014 07:46 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The project must had evolved over time; it got started before there was a shared Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios has hired indie directors as vastly different as Jon Favreau & Kenneth Branagh to do projects for their universe; they brought their particular strengths to their films, yet also managed to honour the particular tone & aesthetic MS has created.

Maybe in the end, they realized Edgar Wright was going to make a film that was too Edgar Wright and not Marvel enough. And Edgar Wright decided he couldn't compromise enough to suit Marvel's needs for universe building.

Old Post May 28th, 2014 08:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Ive read elsewhere that Wright's scripts were more stand alone movie oriented in his quirky, Indy style, and Marvel wasn't twisting his arm at first to do it the Marvel way BUT they did want the movie to fit into their universe. That didn't happen so thats why the conflicts and script rewrites occurred.

Last edited by Inhuman on May 28th, 2014 at 08:19 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2014 08:17 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by roughrider
The project must had evolved over time; it got started before there was a shared Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios has hired indie directors as vastly different as Jon Favreau & Kenneth Branagh to do projects for their universe; they brought their particular strengths to their films, yet also managed to honour the particular tone & aesthetic MS has created.

Maybe in the end, they realized Edgar Wright was going to make a film that was too Edgar Wright and not Marvel enough. And Edgar Wright decided he couldn't compromise enough to suit Marvel's needs for universe building.

lol you must have wrote this while i was writing my post. anyhow you probably said it better than my condensed cellphone typing post.

Last edited by Inhuman on May 28th, 2014 at 08:26 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2014 08:18 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 02:54 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I bet this gets pushed back to it's original release date of November 2015.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 04:45 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Any word on an Antman comic? I can't imagine them making a movie but not having either Pym or Lang appearing in a comic at all.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 09:43 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Any word on an Antman comic? I can't imagine them making a movie but not having either Pym or Lang appearing in a comic at all.

talk to feige he knows everything big grin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 10:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm surprised that hey haven't started up another Ant-Man comic

most likely would get to 10 issues.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Peyton Reed gets the directing gig. He was attached to directing Fantastic Four for a long time, before Tim Story got the job. He's adept at comedy-action.

http://collider.com/ant-man-peyton-reed-adam-mckay/

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 05:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
Peyton Reed gets the directing gig. He was attached to directing Fantastic Four for a long time, before Tim Story got the job. He's adept at comedy-action.

http://collider.com/ant-man-peyton-reed-adam-mckay/

i hope the script is kick ass

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 07:37 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Eww the bring it on guy?

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 07:40 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Oh god were officially at the bottom of the barrel here.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 07:53 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I mean this guy has only really directed Yes man & Bring it on as relevant movies. Wtf

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 08:34 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Oh god were officially at the bottom of the barrel here.

I'd say Tim Story's work on FF and Mark Steven Johnson's work on Ghost Rider was bottom of the barrel. The guy has been in the running for other Marvel projects, I think they know him.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 10:41 PM
Senor Cage

Eww the bring it on guy?

That movie kicked ass! Eliza Dushknu FTW! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 7th, 2014 10:54 PM