KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » When will the universe collapse inwards? Will history start all over again?

When will the universe collapse inwards? Will history start all over again?
Started by: BlackC@

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

When will the universe collapse inwards? Will history start all over again?

The universe it getting bigger, expanding. Eventually it will fall inwards, like a star going supernova.

Do you thin this will happen soon?

Will history start all over again?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 04:37 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Not necesarrilly. There's also the possibility of "Heat Death" and infinite expansion.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 05:12 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FoxMeister
Tank

The Universe could explode like a baloon. we expand until we pop. Causing another big bang and creates a new universe!!!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 12:05 PM
FoxMeister is currently offline Click here to Send FoxMeister a Private Message Find more posts by FoxMeister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The universe isn't like a balloon, It won't "Pop".

It will either collapse, or expand infinitly.

EDIT: There's actualy the possibility of big rip, which is sort of like popping.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 03:44 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

There is also the possibility that Scientists are wrong, which most likely they are, the world is flat, we are the centre of the universe etc etc...

Ofcourse, there is the possibility that there is a God...

or the possibility that the universe isn't expanding at all, or maybe it will just stop...and that will be that...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 05:26 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Oh, and this isn't a conspiracy.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 07:45 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Dark energy suggests the universe will not only expand forever, but expand at an accelerating rate. When the universe is a trillion trillion times its current age, everything will be gone: galaxies, planets, life, even the atoms and subatomic particles. All that will remain, for the stretch of eternity, will be faint quantum fields, rippling like ghosts across an unimaginable cosmic emptiness.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 08:03 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madman_V3N0M
Dreaming of a red X-mass

I personaly believe that the expansion of the Universe is due to the Big Bang, because in void there's no friction so the "shrapnel" from an explosion as big as the Big Bang would still be hurdling through space, and the "shrapnel" has formed into galaxies and planets and lifeforms. Due to gravity the universe will eventually stop and then start to implode , then all matter will concentrate into one point and then there will be a new Big Bang. In fact, who knows how many times this cycle has happened?
This is my own conclusion about the universe and I'm not saying it's right and not forcing it on anyone.

Fool Bush!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 08:39 PM
Madman_V3N0M is currently offline Click here to Send Madman_V3N0M a Private Message Find more posts by Madman_V3N0M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

scientists no nothing on the matter. its just speculation

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 09:22 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Re: When will the universe collapse inwards? Will history start all over again?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackC@
The universe it getting bigger, expanding. Eventually it will fall inwards, like a star going supernova.

Do you thin this will happen soon?

Will history start all over again?
There is a theory like that and that it has happened already even......

Old Post Oct 15th, 2006 10:34 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

There are three fates for the universe that are possible.

Big Rip
Big Crunch
Heat Death

No other fates are possible in the expanding universe model.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 02:22 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are some philosophies that say the life you are living has happened many times, and that when the time comes, you'll live it all over again.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 03:25 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and improbable.

There is another which states that this has already happened.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 09:49 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

i dont see why not.

Everything gets wipped clean and everything starts over

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 11:19 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Kinda like a circle...............Thoughs circles are just everywhere.....

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 12:55 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madman_V3N0M
Dreaming of a red X-mass

I suppose that if my theory is true and the universe has been in a cicle of death and rebirth since time began, then it is possible that one of the previous universes could have went exactly the way this one is going, and thus history is indeed repeating. Considering that there have been an infinite universes before us it has to hapen at one time or another for history to repeat itself.

Cheese!

Fool Bush!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 01:46 PM
Madman_V3N0M is currently offline Click here to Send Madman_V3N0M a Private Message Find more posts by Madman_V3N0M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waks

I love threads like this, always gets me thinking. I love it! smile My brain is coming back to me and my insane thoughts too. Thank you all.

btw what is big rip and heat death?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 05:04 PM
Waks is currently offline Click here to Send Waks a Private Message Find more posts by Waks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BornToRule
Unbent Unbowed Unbroken

Perhaps the universe is in a little glass ball like in "men in black" but who knows? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 05:53 PM
BornToRule is currently offline Click here to Send BornToRule a Private Message Find more posts by BornToRule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

it will be thousands of years before we truely understand the universe

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:08 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madman_V3N0M
Dreaming of a red X-mass

I haven't seen my brain in 4 years, it writes from time to time to tell me he's ok in the Bahamas or Everest or something, I just found out he has been giving my head out for rent...

Fool Bush!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2006 06:53 PM