KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Jet Li's "Fearless"

Jet Li's "Fearless"
Started by: Final Blaxican

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Moved.

Any question regarding Fearless should be posted in the official thread. Thanx.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 11:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atv2

Jet Li's hairstyle in Fearless and the China Series

What was Jet Li's hairstyle called and was it realistic for almost every chinese man to wear that style or was it unique?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2008 11:10 PM
atv2 is currently offline Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Okay, atv2. I asked you once, now I'm warning you:

Do not make duplicate threads. Use the official thread!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 10:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rhosze

Re: Jet Li's hairstyle in Fearless and the China Series

quote: (post)
Originally posted by atv2
I had question about Jet Li's hairstyle in Fearless and the China series, what was it called and was it realistic for almost every chinese man to have that hairstyle?

The hairstyle is typical of the Qing Dynasty and is called the queue. The history behind it is pretty interesting. It was imposed on the Han Chinese by the Manchurians as a form of submission to their rule and those who didn't shave their heads were executed. Later on, cutting off the braid would also be seen as a sign of treason that would also justify execution. The Hans originally kept their hair long because under Confucian belief, any harm or alteration of the body is against filial piety, something along the lines of hurting yourself is equivalent to hurting your parents.

So to answer your question... yes everyone in that time period had to have that hairstyle or else death.

I didn't like Fearless very much. It's a noble story but the quality of the film was poor and the storyline wasn't carried out very well. Jet Li's new movies are all really disappointing, imo. Even in the Warlords, which he won best actor in the HK film awards... he used to be so much better.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2009 08:27 AM
rhosze is currently offline Click here to Send rhosze a Private Message Find more posts by rhosze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

I'm going to watch it tonight.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 06:57 PM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote