KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » book 7 title

book 7 title
Started by: Moosooman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheSun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I don't think Dumbledore would split his soul apart. he seemed pretty much against it in HBP.

It looks like he's lost forever.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 10:12 PM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Sadly, yes. But hell, I think it was his time. Coming back from the dead isn't always good, living for a long time is pretty hard. I think Dumbledore is happy dead.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 10:28 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Dumbledore had no purpose left in the books...he has passed all his knowledge on to Harry, and he would do nothing but hinder Harry in the future. Dumbledore HAD to die.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 10:32 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

thats true.............................................I think

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 11:18 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe it was somebody's maiden name, like, Mcgonnagol's brother or something.

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 02:03 AM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

i dunno

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 02:12 AM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

Dumbledore isn't gone...are you guys kidding me? I do remember reading something about a portrait of Dumbledore appearing in the Headmaster's office. Plus, the Sword of Godric Gryffindor is still in Dumbledore's office. If the school closes it would allow someone to sneak in and steal it for Voldy to perform another Horcrux to spare his life.

I think that when Harry finds Snape...he won't kill him. Snape was protecting a student, just as Dumbledore would have protected Harry. Dumbledore wasn't the threat, but leaving him alive would be unspeakable for Draco and Snape. I think Harry will understand that...if Snape can get off his Angry High Horse.

Harry will return to Hogwarts. There is a lot of help still within those walls for him. So the school isn't out of the picture. I think it will be the final battle place for Harry and Voldemort. Dumbledore was very insistant that Tom wanted to stay at Hogwarts. I think that he'll go back there to end things, as that is where they began.

I also think we may find out that Harry is a descendant of Gryffindor...just a far fetched theory, but not all that impossible. What do we really know of James Potter's family history? Nothing, but we know tons about Sirius' family history and Lilly's family History...so I would assume, as in all final chapters...that all things are brought to light and made right again.

Harry is a Horcrux, that is more obvious than anything. As with all spells, where there is a way to make them, there is a way to break them. Harry just has to find that way. And I think he will...or Hermione will.

That is all...I will add more later. I'm tired.

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 03:12 AM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheSun

Originally posted by Kella
Dumbledore isn't gone...are you guys kidding me? I do remember reading something about a portrait of Dumbledore appearing in the Headmaster's office. Plus, the Sword of Godric Gryffindor is still in Dumbledore's office. If the school closes it would allow someone to sneak in and steal it for Voldy to perform another Horcrux to spare his life.

I think that when Harry finds Snape...he won't kill him. Snape was protecting a student, just as Dumbledore would have protected Harry. Dumbledore wasn't the threat, but leaving him alive would be unspeakable for Draco and Snape. I think Harry will understand that...if Snape can get off his Angry High Horse.

Harry will return to Hogwarts. There is a lot of help still within those walls for him. So the school isn't out of the picture. I think it will be the final battle place for Harry and Voldemort. Dumbledore was very insistant that Tom wanted to stay at Hogwarts. I think that he'll go back there to end things, as that is where they began.

I also think we may find out that Harry is a descendant of Gryffindor...just a far fetched theory, but not all that impossible. What do we really know of James Potter's family history? Nothing, but we know tons about Sirius' family history and Lilly's family History...so I would assume, as in all final chapters...that all things are brought to light and made right again.

Harry is a Horcrux, that is more obvious than anything. As with all spells, where there is a way to make them, there is a way to break them. Harry just has to find that way. And I think he will...or Hermione will.

I think this Harry is a Horcrux idea is wrong. And portraits can only repeat catchphrases, they don't have a mind of their own.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 07:08 AM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by DarkCanadian
Remember the prophecy, neither can live while the other survives. ONE of them kills the OTHER. So Harry cannot kill himself that way. And wasn't it Slughorn who said that creatures with life still in them don't exactly make good horcruxes?

it says neither can live while the oither survives. Doesn't say anything about both of them dying... Anyways, thats how I'd end the book, cos I'm an evil angsty person and it'd make a good twist! big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:27 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I am half thinking it was Regulus but... How would he be able to do it alone? Wouldn't he need help drinking it like Dumbledore? I think R.A.B. might be three people, but the fact that it might be at Black's house is high and I agree with that. And Harry being one of the horcrux... no. Because Harry has to destroy all of them before he could defeat Voldemort, which means he will have to kill himself before killing him.... which I don't really thinks possible.

no, I meant he kills himself snd takes Voldie with him... Also, that would be another reason why he's the only one to vanquish the dark lord - no matter who else tries, Harry has to destroy himself to destrroy voldie.

And also, maybe thats why regulus died? cos he drank all thst water? Then he didn't want to have voldies horcrux at his house, which is why siri says something about he got into deep and tried to back out

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:29 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by Saratn
I have two different theories, that may prove that Dumbledore may come back to life. First remember in OOTP how the Time Turners were destroyed, what if someone had a spare somewhere and they use it to bring back Dumbleore. Another theory is about the horcruxes. Slughorn was saying that you need to split your soul or something like that. And Voldemort killed to make his horcruxes stronger. What if their is something similar to that without the killing, then Dumbledore could come back. It sounds wild, but those could be possibilities. I'm sure Dumbledore isn't gone forever.

well it says it needs the power of a death, a murder... what if dumbledore used the power of his own death to make a horcrux?

Not that I think he would, because they went on and on about how the splitting of a soul is a well evil thing to do...

Another thing to back up my idea of harry being a horcrux - Voldie's bit of soul in harry would explain the connection they have, emotions, posssion etc, and why he was IN the snake - nagini was another horcrux

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:32 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
Maybe it was somebody's maiden name, like, Mcgonnagol's brother or something.

what makes you think mcgonnagalls married..?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:33 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Yay, someone else agrees with me! big grin

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:34 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by TheSun
I think this Harry is a Horcrux idea is wrong. And portraits can only repeat catchphrases, they don't have a mind of their own.

I don't think your right about the portrait thing. Fat Lady is always chatting to students, and the Headmasters/mistresses of Hogwarts chat to Dumbledore all the time and run errands etc, they are sentient

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:35 AM
TheSun

Originally posted by Phoenix
I don't think your right about the portrait thing. Fat Lady is always chatting to students, and the Headmasters/mistresses of Hogwarts chat to Dumbledore all the time and run errands etc, they are sentient

I'm just repeating what JK said.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:46 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Well I'm just repeating what JK has said through her books! wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:51 AM
TheSun

Originally posted by Phoenix
Well I'm just repeating what JK has said through her books! wink

The portraits don't say anything new though, they just say stuff that they would have said in real life. Phineas Nigellus hates kids, Mrs Blacks, screams at traitors, Sir Cadogan acts Barmy. Just catchphrases.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 10:55 AM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I want to find out that Harry is a descendant of Godric Gryffindor. That would be cool.

Hints of this are:
*When Harry tried out his wand red and gold sparks came out, Gryffindor's colours.
*He pulled the sword out of the hat.
* He's in Gryffindor house.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:34 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TomBlack
Resevoir Dog

I can't see Harry being a horcrux for one thing we know that Voldemort actually set out to kill harry and it just backfired, he had already set up his horcruxes by this point and would have no need of making more than seven since this was his 'magic number'.

'There's Nothing Like The Smell Of Napalm In The Morning'

*Mr. Pink? Why Do I Have To Be Mr. Pink? Can't I Be Mr. Black? Yea, I'll Be Mr.Black*

<Why Is The Rum Gone>

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:50 AM
TomBlack is currently offline Click here to Send TomBlack a Private Message Find more posts by TomBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Originally posted by TheSun
The portraits don't say anything new though, they just say stuff that they would have said in real life. Phineas Nigellus hates kids, Mrs Blacks, screams at traitors, Sir Cadogan acts Barmy. Just catchphrases.

These are not direct quotes, but Everard and Dyllis (?) are sent by dumbledore when arthur is attacked. They say something like, he looks terrible, I've found him etc. This is a brand new situation, they understand what dumbledore says to them and they are set a task. Therefore, they are not just moving pictures repeating catchphrases, there is some sort of life to them

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 01:51 PM