KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » book 7 title

book 7 title
Started by: Moosooman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheSun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phoenix
These are not direct quotes, but Everard and Dyllis (?) are sent by dumbledore when arthur is attacked. They say something like, he looks terrible, I've found him etc. This is a brand new situation, they understand what dumbledore says to them and they are set a task. Therefore, they are not just moving pictures repeating catchphrases, there is some sort of life to them

JKR stated that they aren;t alive, and don't have true minds. They just kind of repeat catchphrases.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 02:37 PM
TheSun is currently offline Click here to Send TheSun a Private Message Find more posts by TheSun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by TheSun
JKR stated that they aren;t alive, and don't have true minds. They just kind of repeat catchphrases.

Disregarding what she said, remember that the portraits do have some sort of life in them. They do not repeat catchphrases, as JKR said according to your words. Which leads me to the belief that rather than "catchphrases", it seems to instead capture more or less their attitudes, almost their souls.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 04:53 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

Originally posted by TomBlack
I can't see Harry being a horcrux for one thing we know that Voldemort actually set out to kill harry and it just backfired, he had already set up his horcruxes by this point and would have no need of making more than seven since this was his 'magic number'.

How do we really know what Voldemort had intended? Sure she would say that he set out to kill Harry. It would be really stupid to tell the world, "Yeah, Voldemort actually went to Harry's to make him an undestroyable Horcrux. Because then everyone would just have killed Harry off as a baby to keep Voldemort from surviving. Because ya know, who would kill the famous kid that survived the greatest Dark Wizard who ever lived? Telling them that he went to kill the baby and survived makes him famous...and special. Who could kill this amazing kid then when he could possibly save us from such an evil returning?"

Cleverness...I say.

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 06:02 PM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kella
I hit an armadillo, hard.

If this is the case...we dont' yet know what Dumbledore has been programmed to say. He could still be set up to help Harry.

These books own me. Fer reals.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 06:02 PM
Kella is currently offline Click here to Send Kella a Private Message Find more posts by Kella Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TomBlack
Resevoir Dog

hmm... just a thought here. Snape could still be good, i mean Dumbledore had been poisoned and needed snap in order to live, in other words Dumbledore was already dying, when he originally arrived back in hogsmead he needed harry to go and get snape as quickly as possible, with the dark mark etc. these plans changed. The time in which Dumbledore was talking to malfoy may have meant that it was too late for snape to help him when he arrived. By snape then killing dumbledore he was effectively ending dumbledores pain and helping to make him self even more trustworthy in the eyes of the death eaters, he became an even greater spy.

'There's Nothing Like The Smell Of Napalm In The Morning'

*Mr. Pink? Why Do I Have To Be Mr. Pink? Can't I Be Mr. Black? Yea, I'll Be Mr.Black*

<Why Is The Rum Gone>

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 01:32 PM
TomBlack is currently offline Click here to Send TomBlack a Private Message Find more posts by TomBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Felix1989

Originally posted by TomBlack
hmm... just a thought here. Snape could still be good, i mean Dumbledore had been poisoned and needed snap in order to live, in other words Dumbledore was already dying, when he originally arrived back in hogsmead he needed harry to go and get snape as quickly as possible, with the dark mark etc. these plans changed. The time in which Dumbledore was talking to malfoy may have meant that it was too late for snape to help him when he arrived. By snape then killing dumbledore he was effectively ending dumbledores pain and helping to make him self even more trustworthy in the eyes of the death eaters, he became an even greater spy.

I agree here... i dont think that dumbledore would ever beg for anyone not to kill him...He is the Greatest wizard ever! I think that he woz helping Malfoy survive and not become a murderer

not even at all.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 02:16 PM
Felix1989 is currently offline Click here to Send Felix1989 a Private Message Find more posts by Felix1989 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

do you have a source for that?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 02:21 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Sleep

Look on the JKR chat transcript I posted.

Former heads of Hogwarts are the exception however, since they get to leave behind a very faint imprint of themselves. Ordinary portraits such as Mrs Black and Sir Cadogan are just catchphrases, but the true heads of Hogwarts (so not Umbridge) get to leave sentient portraits.

Last edited by shaber on Jul 20th, 2005 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:50 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I don't think Dumbledore would split his soul apart. he seemed pretty much against it in HBP.
I'm saying that their could be another method of coming back!!! Why do you think Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him???

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 07:02 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

well it says it needs the power of a death, a murder... what if dumbledore used the power of his own death to make a horcrux?

Not that I think he would, because they went on and on about how the splitting of a soul is a well evil thing to do...

Another thing to back up my idea of harry being a horcrux - Voldie's bit of soul in harry would explain the connection they have, emotions, posssion etc, and why he was IN the snake - nagini was another horcrux
DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN??? I AM SAYING THEIR COULD BE ANOTHER WAY OF BRINGING BACK THE DEAD THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE KILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 07:06 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sakura-Chan

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: no I reckon voldie used the death of harry's parents to cement the spell. slughorn said that living creatures didn't make good horcruxes, but maybe voldie wants to be clever, putting it in the one place he knows no one would ever bring themself to destroy. SO, in order to destroy voldie, harry has to kill himself...

i totally agree w/u on that one.. bcuz i think that harry is goin to have to make a sacrifice to save every1... unless he gets a hercruxes and uses it... otherwise i think that he will have to kill himself...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:33 AM
Sakura-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Sakura-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Sakura-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I think that Draco and Narcissa will become good.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:44 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snlovergirl

just a few things I wanted to put out there:
Dumbledore is dead, I dooubt he is coming back no matter how much we want him to. His death was necessary although I was hoping it wouldn't be til the last book. Harry is coming of age and he has pretty much learned all he can to stand on his own two feet in the final battle against Voldemort.

I hope Harry does survive because it is possible they could both die in the last book. I doubt Harry, himself is a horcrux though. Why would Voldemort use him as a horcrux if he believes the prophecy that he has to kill him? They definitely have a connection as Dumbledore has said.

Also I think there may be an explanation behind Snape killing Dumbledore as well. But for now I'm still gonna hate him smile I think it is something along the lines of Dumbledore knew it was his time and maybe already discussed this plan w/ Snape so he wouldn't blow his cover with the death eaters.

made by Godshinto
-------------------------------------------
My new life motto:
"Procrastinate now, don't put it off."- Ellen Degeneres

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."- Spaceballs

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:51 AM
snlovergirl is currently offline Click here to Send snlovergirl a Private Message Find more posts by snlovergirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: JKR is stunned that anyone thinks that Snape has a love life; we will find out why in book 7.had to laugh et that one

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 12:25 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

Originally posted by BlackC@t
I want to find out that Harry is a descendant of Godric Gryffindor. That would be cool.

Hints of this are:
*When Harry tried out his wand red and gold sparks came out, Gryffindor's colours.
*He pulled the sword out of the hat.
* He's in Gryffindor house.

JK says on her site that hes not

Gryffindors Official Hug Giver To All !!

UNI, DRACO MALFOY, ROGUE, MAIK, LIANSLO, AUROR_CHK, TASSIE MUSC
Gryffindor Prefect.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:00 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sakura-Chan

Originally posted by snlovergirl
=.

Also I think there may be an explanation behind Snape killing Dumbledore as well. But for now I'm still gonna hate him smile I think it is something along the lines of Dumbledore knew it was his time and maybe already discussed this plan w/ Snape so he wouldn't blow his cover with the death eaters.

i dont think that snape killed dumbledore just so he wouldnt blow his cover. y the heck would u do that? and anywaise remember snape yells in the end of hte book "its done!" also he did make a vow to malfoys mom. i think that he did it cuz he still believes in voldermort... anywaise it was suppose to be malfoy to kill dumbledore so y didnt snape just let malfoy do it. and even so if snape was really on the orders side he wouldve wanted dumbledore alive bcuz he is such a strong wizard... also in teh end of the 6th book dumbledore pleads w/snape not to kill him.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:04 AM
Sakura-Chan is currently offline Click here to Send Sakura-Chan a Private Message Find more posts by Sakura-Chan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GraciePoo

not really, all he says is severus please. for all we know, dumbley could be asking snape to kill him. he never says severus please dont kill me, so we cant know for sure

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:16 AM
GraciePoo is currently offline Click here to Send GraciePoo a Private Message Find more posts by GraciePoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leigh123

7th book

okay i heard that J.K has recently finished the 7th book..if she finishes them so early why does she wait so long to publish them i kno it takes a while to do all the editing and stuff but like a whole year??? and i heard they have already finished the 4th and 5th movie why is the 4th only coming out in november to me it seems like they take WAY too long for everything to come out

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:15 AM
leigh123 is currently offline Click here to Send leigh123 a Private Message Find more posts by leigh123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oroboros

Reasons harry might be the 6th Horcrux:

1. Harry is clearly connected to Voldemort in a supernatural way that seems to need a better explanation than "Voldemort tried to kill him."
harry has the feather of the same phoenix as Voldemort in his wand. And how else would Harry be able to speak snake. his parent's couldn't, but Voldemort could. And of course, Harry could sense Voldmort's feelings in book 5, and as said already, see through the snake in book 2.

2. It would be a perfect reason for Voldemort to almost die that night. He had finally broken his soul into the magic number seven parts. This would probably kill any wizard. (also Dumbledore thinks Voldemort had not yet made the sixth horcrux that night)

3. Voldemort had just committed a murder (Lily Potter) and so it was the right moment to create a horcrux.

4. This would explain why Snape so often protects Harry. He does not let Malfoy hurt Harry at the end of book 6 and says he belongs to Voldemort. A coinciding theory would be that Snape had a special mission from Voldemort to keep Harry Potter safe at Hogwarts.

-I don't think that Harry will have to kill himself to kill Voldemort. I bet Harry will be able to change the part of Voldemort that is within him with love or something along those lines. Harry's soul, pure and strong, will be able to defeat Voldemort's shattered soul inside him.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:59 AM
Oroboros is currently offline Click here to Send Oroboros a Private Message Find more posts by Oroboros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Director_Joe
Keeper of the Peace

Okay, the seventh book is NOT done...where do people hear these things??? And they won't start shooting the next potter movie (5) until next year... The fourth one is still in post-production. I'm sorry to say: you heard wrong...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:04 AM
Director_Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Director_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Director_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote