KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Warhammer 40K RP Sign-Up Thread

Warhammer 40K RP Sign-Up Thread
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King of Blades
The King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by blazinvire
I suppose that means this thread is well and truly dead then, what a pity sad

Dead, DEAD?!?! NOTHING IS TRULY DEAD!!!!

that makes three

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 02:49 AM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blazinvire
The Trigger Happy One

Heh, it seems this thread is constantly violating the definition of dead
No surprise though, warhammer 40k kicks butt.
Might check back on this thread every now and then, maybe more people will come and we can put away the defibrillators. I want a 40k RP dagnabbit, where are all the RPers that like 40k?
Seriously... you'd think across an entire world there'd be more people around, especially with the amount of people who play the tabletop game...

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 04:58 AM
blazinvire is currently offline Click here to Send blazinvire a Private Message Find more posts by blazinvire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Miguelohara563
Protector Of The Universe

I'll post up a White Templar history and bio in a minute.

My Doctor Who Fic

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 12:11 PM
Miguelohara563 is currently offline Click here to Send Miguelohara563 a Private Message Find more posts by Miguelohara563 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blazinvire
The Trigger Happy One

Well I've actually made around three characters I wouldn't mind playing now lol, got a Battle Sister, Grey Knight and possibly an Eldar, tho I could probably turn the Grey Knight into a normal space marine if it didn't fit.
By the way, who's going to be GM? Because I'm terrible at it and a base storyline to run off would help me decide which character I want to use.
And are we going to wait for more people or start RPing to try and lure them in?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 12:17 AM
blazinvire is currently offline Click here to Send blazinvire a Private Message Find more posts by blazinvire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blazinvire
The Trigger Happy One

Okay I got really bored, here's my Battle Sister

Name: Rosalinde
Race: Human
Affiliation: Ordo Hereticus
Origin: Ophelia VII
Specialty: Ranged Combat and Tactics
Appearance: Rosalinde stands 6'2", with natural pure white hair, olive skin and vibrant red eyes, her frequent use of a helmet has left her face relatively unmarred, sporting only a Fleur De Lys Tattoo to show her devotion. Has a very athletic and acrobatic build with decent muscle definition gained from her crusade and early induction into the Convent.
Equipment: She wears the dog tags of a deceased Guardsman whose heroics had saved her, standard power armour with a Sororitas helm, wielding a Stalker Pattern Bolter and a power sword, as well as standard issue bolt pistol side arm and assorted grenades.

Biography: Rosalinde is a hardened veteran of hundreds of wars, yet she's still quite relatively young at the age of 24.
She grew up on Ophelia VII, home to the Convent Sanctorum itself where she was inducted at the age of 4 as a strong spirited orphan. Her training at such a young age and her strength of will allowed her to excel where others wouldn't, at the age of 19 she became one of the youngest power armour clad Battle Sister the Convent had seen in centuries. From there she was sent to the battlefield and didn't return for over 5 years, purposely burying herself deeper and deeper into increasingly harsher wars and conflicts hoping to make the Emperor proud.
Her rigorous crusade paid off, compacting several decades of training into the gap of 5 years, rumours went around that she was the next Living Saint, in truth Rosalinde's deprived childhood drove her, the Emperor was the only father she had ever known and she would not disappoint.
She's fierce in her beliefs and passionate in her devotion, although she harbours a great distaste for war she hates heretics and traitors more, a very vicious side of her shows in heat of battle, but outside of combat she is kindhearted and shows great compassion to all those loyal to the Emperor.
Has a soft spot in her heart for the soldiers of the Imperial Guard after fighting alongside them on several occasions.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 12:10 PM
Miguelohara563

Like I said,we should just make it a normal RPG,not drag the rules into it.

My Doctor Who Fic

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 01:04 PM
Miguelohara563 is currently offline Click here to Send Miguelohara563 a Private Message Find more posts by Miguelohara563 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Originally posted by Miguelohara563
Like I said,we should just make it a normal RPG,not drag the rules into it.

I think we should have some restriction on combat that follows a very similar battle simulation according to Warhammer 40k. The board game is the father of this form, the games are adoptive parents. It only makes sense if we're going to play a warhammer rp, that we follow (not to the letter, but to the majority) the rules of combat.

It wouldn't be that hard anyway. Obviously it would rely on the GM to run the statistics, but like I said, It's simple math and (unlike during real gameplay) there'd be no pressure to calculate the numbers.

Last edited by King of Blades on Jun 19th, 2009 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 09:38 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blazinvire
The Trigger Happy One

Well I do agree battle could use something to make it a little more distinguished to stop inconsistency and possible godmodding, 40k is quite erratic and flukey which isn't favourable in RP situations where you'd rather your valiant hero didn't get killed by a gretchin when he was fully ready for combat and could have just stepped on the durn thing.
Can't really think of anything at the moment, as both of your arguements hold merit, I for one hate seeing my squad of terminators die from a bad bout of dice rolling when they were hit in melee by a bunch of Fire Warriors, when terminators are said to survive buildings collapsing on them and plasma reactors exploding on them etcetera.
If everyone knows the limitations of the type of character they're playing and goes into a bit of detail in the fight it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 10:50 PM
King of Blades
The King

Originally posted by blazinvire
Well I do agree battle could use something to make it a little more distinguished to stop inconsistency and possible godmodding, 40k is quite erratic and flukey which isn't favourable in RP situations where you'd rather your valiant hero didn't get killed by a gretchin when he was fully ready for combat and could have just stepped on the durn thing.
Can't really think of anything at the moment, as both of your arguements hold merit, I for one hate seeing my squad of terminators die from a bad bout of dice rolling when they were hit in melee by a bunch of Fire Warriors, when terminators are said to survive buildings collapsing on them and plasma reactors exploding on them etcetera.
If everyone knows the limitations of the type of character they're playing and goes into a bit of detail in the fight it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

An extremely elaborate godmodding is still godmodding. Hence the role of the GM. I don't mean to be presumptuous, but if I were the GM, this would be something to consider. This isn’t the game which is, like you said, sporadic and in all intents and purposes for battle only. However, seeing as this is a role play, we won’t be playing for all intents and purposes of simply battling. In the game, everyone is equal. In this RP, personalities and physical character traits will serve for more then just added details to combat accounts. Like I said, we wont play a Warhammer 40k game in the RP, but it should be a main part seeing as this is a Warhammer 40k rp…

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 11:18 PM
blazinvire
The Trigger Happy One

Well with a game like 40k it's highly improbably to not be in combat all the time, the entire galaxy is at war so its pretty hard to miss.
Sure if the GM wants to consult some dice and statistics in decision making then go ahead, but not everyone would want to do that, and the outcomes of most of the rolls would probably have to be fudged with anyway so the RP didn't blow out of control.
But of course this discussion is quite redundant without a nominated GM yet...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2009 03:49 AM
Miguelohara563

Originally posted by King of Blades
I think we should have some restriction on combat that follows a very similar battle simulation according to Warhammer 40k. The board game is the father of this form, the games are adoptive parents. It only makes sense if we're going to play a warhammer rp, that we follow (not to the letter, but to the majority) the rules of combat.

It wouldn't be that hard anyway. Obviously it would rely on the GM to run the statistics, but like I said, It's simple math and (unlike during real gameplay) there'd be no pressure to calculate the numbers.
I wouldn't want to do something like that,it'd be tedious!

My Doctor Who Fic

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 12:11 PM
sirbunny25

is this still active?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2009 02:02 PM
sirbunny25 is currently offline Click here to Send sirbunny25 a Private Message Find more posts by sirbunny25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MakoNendrak

Name: Lenandum Kael
Race: Adeptus Astartes
Affiliation: Raven Guard
Origin: Deliverance
Specialty: Stealth and Close Combat
Appearance: The only seen feature of Lenandum is his 7ft stature while in his armour, which, of course, bears the colours of the Raven Guard Chapter.

Biography: Born upon the homeworld of the Raven Guard, Lenandum was given little opportunity from a young age to want to be anything other than a Space Marine. He led an extremely uneventful life from birth to his application to become one of the "Emperor's Chosen".

Lenandum had no idea what he was in for when he applied, and every trial he faced he pulled through by the width of a hair. But by what seemed sheer luck, he survived not only the training, but his genetic modification too. When finally ready to join a battle company, he was placed under the command of Kayvaan Shrike just before the incidents on Targus VIII. He gained much needed stamina behind Orkish lines in those two years and was lucky enough to become part of Shrike's Wing. Having found it better to trade his right lightning claw for a bolt pistol just incase something didn't go quite to plan, Lenandum was able to fire to wound enemies before finishing them off.

After years of brutal warfare, the Raven Guard 3rd Company has been sent to Ceris to surpress any possible outbreak of interplanetary war.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 02:09 AM
MakoNendrak is currently offline Click here to Send MakoNendrak a Private Message Find more posts by MakoNendrak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XavierDantius32

this thread still active

can i still sign up?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 09:11 PM
XavierDantius32 is currently offline Click here to Send XavierDantius32 a Private Message Find more posts by XavierDantius32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XavierDantius32

If this is still active, this is my character
Name: Lionel Xavier Gehautz
Race:Imperial Guard
Regiment:Cadian 501st Armoured Recon
Originmessedchola Progenuim on Ignatus Cardinal
Appearence: 6ft tall, well built with high cheekboned narrow face,heavily scarred. Augmetic right arm and lungs.Wears brown leather trench coat over standard cadian uniform, carries ornate bolt pistol and power axe. small hostec-5 auto in boot holster
Speciality:Close Combat, Tactics

Bio: Lionel was orphaned after both his parents were murdered by chaos space marines during the 13th black crusade. After being rescued during the liberation of cadia he was tutored and eventually graduated to the rank of major in the 501st armoured recon. He distinguished himself during the Damoclese gulf, where he earned his trade mark augmetic arm during a duel with an xv15 crisis suit. He earned his power sword after his comanding officer was shot by a tau pathfinder with a rail rifle.
He was sent to ceris to support the imperial force already entrenched upon the world to support the liberation force. His regiment specialize in light armour and air support, with veterens and kasrkins providing stealth and strike support

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 09:29 PM
XavierDantius32 is currently offline Click here to Send XavierDantius32 a Private Message Find more posts by XavierDantius32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mc. Knight
Where's the rescue squad?

Name: Scott Nail
Race: Tau Empire
Specialty: Long Range weapons and landmines
Bio: Scott was 13 year's old and he always wanted to join the military but his parents never like that idea of his. A few years later when Scott was 16 year's old he left home and took his own path to war his parents just give up on him
Appearance:

I'll finish this when Im back I would like to join sorry this

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 07:04 PM
Mc. Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Mc. Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Mc. Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XavierDantius32

Originally posted by Mc. Knight
Name: Scott Nail
Race: Tau Empire
Specialty: Long Range weapons and landmines
Bio: Scott was 13 year's old and he always wanted to join the military but his parents never like that idea of his. A few years later when Scott was 16 year's old he left home and took his own path to war his parents just give up on him
Appearance:

I'll finish this when Im back I would like to join sorry this

Dude, do you know much about the tau empire?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 05:36 AM
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Is this still alive? I'll definatley join if it is.

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 01:52 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XavierDantius32

How many people are activly going to play?
I'm up for it.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 02:59 PM
XavierDantius32

More bio on Lionel..
The Cadian 501st are now lead by Lionel and have won many battles under his command. Most notably, the regiment served in the sabbat worlds crusade, as part of Macaroths First army, serving alongside the Macaroth on Morlond and the campaign that followed. After suffering heavy losses, the 501st were rotated away from the fighting and towards the planet Ceris, just as a splinter fleet of chaos ships were invading. The regiment was massivly under strengthed, comprising of only 500 infantary, 100 armoured vehicles and crew and 30 valkyrie and vulture gunships. Lionel quickly mobilized his men, landing them on the surface outside of Boril. His men are tired and running low on ammuntion and supplies. The imperium has been contacted but most troops in the area are being fed into the meat grinder of the sabbat worlds. Help is not coming!

Old Post May 4th, 2010 03:09 PM