KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Most Overrated Hero Ever???

MOST OVERRATED HERO EVER???
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman 5 8.33%
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 0 0%
Spiderman 2 3.33%
Superman 18 30.00%
Wolverine 27 45.00%
Other 8 13.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Most Overrated Hero Ever???
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bigbran
You have a gif of her doing this? Well that just proves my point. I would love to have her pawn me.....

eek!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:33 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Dr. Phill my ass im goin straight to the source.

Oparah save me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:33 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Entity
Being a hero is about sacrafice! What in the HELL has he ever had to sacrafice???

And don't say Krypton. You can't loose what you never had and he still had a great home, the perfect home infact and if you ask a adopted child where their home is, they tell you the home their family raised them in and i don't think they got every basic power under the sun to help compensate for their loss!!!

Originally posted by Entity
My point is pretty much anyone with an S logo on their chest is a totally extremelly over written character.

The only one i ever found interest in was Kon-el so what did they do?
Kill the only supercharacter with more than 2 dementions. I mean it was a really great concept in my opition the perfect hybird of power and humanity, light and dark, and Intelligents and ingorrance.

and yes i jus said superman is igorrant
he is a tool!!!

I have to disagree on this point. Being a hero is not about what you DO sacrifice, it's about what your willing to sacrifice. Yes Supes is ULTRA powerful and the likes of the common bank robber has no chance against him, so his stopping people of that caliber is no real indication of courage. HOWEVER, being like Doomsday and Darkseid ARE major threats to him(seeing as how both are more powerful than he), and yet he never wavers in his resolve to face them anyway. The fact that no one has managed to put him down for good, doesn't mean that he hasn't demonstrated a willingness to BE put down for good, if that's what it takes to get the job done.

So while Supes is overrated on the forum(mostly by fanboys), the fact that he is the quintessential hero, is undeniable.

And Wolverine takes the title of Most Overated.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 04:24 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I have to agree that Wolverine is the most overrated. Every time he is put against Hulk, I just want to shake my head in disbelief...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 06:52 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Accel
Not to mention that he has to live with the fact that for all his powers he can't save every one, no matter how hard he tries.

What is that it? Other superheroes dont feel that way either?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:20 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolvertooth
Restricted

Account Restricted

definitely spider-man and captain america those are the most overrated characters , they actually show spider-man beating omega red without a problem , spider-man is a class 15 at max character who gets his ass kicked by daredevil, kraven, blade, morvius, thats his league, even puma ,lizard,scorpion are too much for him to handle

and captain america i dont even need to start about all his PIS fights just because its captain america and he represents the american way of truth and justice

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:31 AM
wolvertooth is currently offline Click here to Send wolvertooth a Private Message Find more posts by wolvertooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by wolvertooth
definitely spider-man and captain america those are the most overrated characters , they actually show spider-man beating omega red without a problem , spider-man is a class 15 at max character who gets his ass kicked by daredevil, kraven, blade, morvius, thats his league, even puma ,lizard,scorpion are too much for him to handle

and captain america i dont even need to start about all his PIS fights just because its captain america and he represents the american way of truth and justice
Spidey is def not overrated.......the hell is wrong with you...

he isn't just a brick, spider-man can hit high speeds, and that is what makes him a threat. a well written spider-man can take down daredevil, kraven and blade, maybe even with ease. (i don't know about morvius so i won't get into him.) He of course gets his bouts of PIS/CIS wins, and plot devices and such like any other hero, but he is in no way overrated (maybe unless by some fanboy i have yet to meet).

and i stick with Batman as bieng overrated.....he should be deadshifty

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 10:55 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolvertooth
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
Spidey is def not overrated.......the hell is wrong with you...

he isn't just a brick, spider-man can hit high speeds, and that is what makes him a threat. a well written spider-man can take down daredevil, kraven and blade, maybe even with ease. (i don't know about morvius so i won't get into him.) He of course gets his bouts of PIS/CIS wins, and plot devices and such like any other hero, but he is in no way overrated (maybe unless by some fanboy i have yet to meet).

and i stick with Batman as bieng overrated.....he should be deadshifty

a well writen spider-man that doesnt have any energy attack or anything special he just can hurt with his strength and his strength is class 15 at max which is just like current sabretooth , so if you take sabretooth healin factor , claws, adamantium,fighting skills, you get spider-man ... ye sure spider-man is fast agile and bla bla bla but it doesnt help him to make more damage ... so a class 15 character should never go toe to toe with class 70 characters .... hell even with class 40 characters ... so a well writen spider-man shouldnt be able to fight major powerhouses , damn the guy gets beaten by class 20-40 like a fly, lizard is too much for him in a decent fight, puma owns him , even scorpion trash him everytime almost when they go fist to fist, so if spider-mans only chance to take someone out is his strength which is class 15 at max then i would say that he is too much overated

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:17 AM
wolvertooth is currently offline Click here to Send wolvertooth a Private Message Find more posts by wolvertooth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by wolvertooth
a well writen spider-man that doesnt have any energy attack or anything special he just can hurt with his strength and his strength is class 15 at max which is just like current sabretooth , so if you take sabretooth healin factor , claws, adamantium,fighting skills, you get spider-man ... ye sure spider-man is fast agile and bla bla bla but it doesnt help him to make more damage ... so a class 15 character should never go toe to toe with class 70 characters .... hell even with class 40 characters ... so a well writen spider-man shouldnt be able to fight major powerhouses , damn the guy gets beaten by class 20-40 like a fly, lizard is too much for him in a decent fight, puma owns him , even scorpion trash him everytime almost when they go fist to fist, so if spider-mans only chance to take someone out is his strength which is class 15 at max then i would say that he is too much overated
again, wth are you talking about? what class 70 has he taken and beaten with just his fists? and being fast does do more damage..get a lil kid to hit you in the arm 100 times as hard as they can without you moving....even though he's not as strong as you, he can still do damage is he hits you enough times. plus, spider-man isn't known to just fight with no wits about him, read some well written spider-man before arguing that he is overrated. Lizard to much for him??? that is when i know you don't know what you are talking about. Puma of course is a stronger and just as fast opponent, and scoripian is an idiot....

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:23 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolvertooth
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
again, wth are you talking about? what class 70 has he taken and beaten with just his fists? and being fast does do more damage..get a lil kid to hit you in the arm 100 times as hard as they can without you moving....even though he's not as strong as you, he can still do damage is he hits you enough times. plus, spider-man isn't known to just fight with no wits about him, read some well written spider-man before arguing that he is overrated. Lizard to much for him??? that is when i know you don't know what you are talking about. Puma of course is a stronger and just as fast opponent, and scoripian is an idiot....

spider-man was showed to beat rhino with only his fists, and omega red , and in many other issues i saw spider-man fighting with some huge gang guys and they took something like 10 punches from him only at the end he was able to ko them, but they were just humans... very big ones but still, spider-man is fast at movement and agility but it doesnt have anything to do with fighting you just state stupid things, he can punch 10 punches in a second for al that i care but class 10-15 punches souldnt do much damage , yes lizard is too much for him when it comes to an actual fighting ... everytime they fight lizard sends spider-man to a brick wall or beating him up, and spider-man hits doesnt do much to the lizard he just wins by smarts but in actuall fighting he is no match for lizard because he cant hurt him much with his pathetic fists, puma is too much for him agreed, it doesnt matter if scorpion is dumb or not the fact is that scorpion trash spider-man in a fight and they were trading blaws once and spider-man felt and admited himself that scorpion is too much for him in a fight , morvius was showed to be stronger then him and able to beat him, kraven who doesnt have super strength showed to outclass spider-man is fighting, a well writen spider-man shouldnt be able to hurt more then half of marvel universe but somehow his pathetic 10-15 class punches always hurt his oponent , and the part that he is fast and sgily dont make me laugh because it doesnt help him in a fight he can jump , flip, do a circus tricks all night long but it doesnt change the fact that he is too low strength to make a damage on serious characters

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 11:37 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Wolverine.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:15 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
littleredhat

Why is everyone talking about powers? An increadibly powerful superhero can also be an increadably boring one.

Which is why I picked superman.

The power of a god and eight out of ten times the star of the most dull stories in comics.

I don't care how strong a hero is if he can't keep me entertained he sucks.

That is why Spider-Man,Wolverine and Batman are so popualar. The star in engaging stories and have interesting personalities.

Not that Superman doesn't have his share of great tales but lets face it they are few and far apart compared to those of the more popular characters listed above.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 12:58 PM
littleredhat is currently offline Click here to Send littleredhat a Private Message Find more posts by littleredhat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

I dare Wolvertooth to show his face in the rate a debator thread no expression

I dare you

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:15 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by Alfheim
What is that it? Other superheroes dont feel that way either?

Sure, but not the same as Superman. The guy can basically hear crimes that happen every where on the planet, but he knows he can't be around to stop them all.

There's also the fact that is he were to stop every single small crime that goes on, then humanity would grow to become fully dependent upon him and would stop taking care of itself. In order to prevent such a thing from happening, Superman has to restrain himself from stopping every single mugging and whatnot that goes on in the world.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:43 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Accel
Sure, but not the same as Superman. The guy can basically hear crimes that happen every where on the planet, but he knows he can't be around to stop them all.

There's also the fact that is he were to stop every single small crime that goes on, then humanity would grow to become fully dependent upon him and would stop taking care of itself. In order to prevent such a thing from happening, Superman has to restrain himself from stopping every single mugging and whatnot that goes on in the world.

Well if you put it that way....

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 02:49 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Why is Hal in the poll? He has the power to back up his claims. If Hal is overrated than by all means so is Silver Surfer.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 04:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Every single one of them.

With the exception of Hal, how is he overrated?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 05:17 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Draco69
eek!

(please log in to view the image)

I'm surprised you didn't make that your avatar.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 07:37 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by littleredhat
Why is everyone talking about powers? An increadibly powerful superhero can also be an increadably boring one.

Which is why I picked superman.

The power of a god and eight out of ten times the star of the most dull stories in comics.

I don't care how strong a hero is if he can't keep me entertained he sucks.

That is why Spider-Man,Wolverine and Batman are so popualar. The star in engaging stories and have interesting personalities.

Not that Superman doesn't have his share of great tales but lets face it they are few and far apart compared to those of the more popular characters listed above.
Good post. Supes, Bats and Wolvie are all overrated, but @ least Wolvie & Bats are interesting and don't get new powers every week

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 12:40 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brutacus

Originally posted by brainchild81
Good post. Supes, Bats and Wolvie are all overrated, but @ least Wolvie & Bats are interesting and don't get new powers every week

Well Wolverine's healing factor seems to get better and better every time.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 03:51 AM
Brutacus is currently offline Click here to Send Brutacus a Private Message Find more posts by Brutacus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote