KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » ..and when I thought of you my <3 burst into flame.

..and when I thought of you my <3 burst into flame.
Started by: silver_tears

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

quote:

I Always Knew if I Couldn't Be a Vampire, I'd Be a Writer

Kassandra stepped off the plane and was immediately greeted by a sheet of rain to the face.
"Lovely, two minutes on British soil and I already hate the weather," she thought bitterly as her long hair became increasingly plastered to the back of her head and she felt the water seep through her peep toes.
She shielded her body as best she could as she carried her now soggy carry on with her into the airport.
It was surprisingly quiet, but seeing as how it was the middle of October and horrible outside she didn't expect there to be much traffic in Heathrow.

Lost in her thoughts she almost collided with a little girl giggling feverishly and running full speed ahead towards the lifts. Her mother looking haggard and worn chased after her, shouting her name all along the tiled floor. Kassandra looked towards the direction from which they came and let out a sympathetic groan. There stood a male, surrounded by children. In one hand he clutched what looked like boarding passes, while around his waist he balanced a little boy who was sobbing quietly. Two more little girls wound their way around his legs. Luggage was scattered around the miserable looking family, and she was positive she heard a cell phone ringing in their general direction. Kass shuddered at the thought of being that miserable couple. Thoughts of children instantly made her think of Jack. He pretty much changed his number the moment she let slip she didn’t want any. Watching them now, as the little boy picked up volume in his sobs she knew she had made the right choice.

Thirty minutes later and she was past the security checkpoints. The procedure this time around wasn’t too painful. Besides having to whip out her passport at least four times and being told by a rough looking woman in her forties to keep her “freakishly impractical” shoes off while going through the metal detectors it wasn’t too humiliating. Kass thought back to her trip to Paris when she was eighteen. The jewelled detail on her panties kept setting off the metal detectors and by the end of the trip she was convinced she was going to be declared a terrorist and carted away. She was still convinced that nobody glared like the French.

Kass rounded the luggage carousel and watched for her one suitcase. Fleeing the country really doesn’t give one time to pack. She had grabbed whatever she could that was clean and looked warm enough for the autumn. With her luck it was probably all bikinis and sheer tights. She sighed as she lugged the suitcase off the carousel almost being thrown sideways by the speed it was turning. Grumbling she made her way towards the sheets of rain pulsing against the nearest sheet of glass. It took her a moment to steel her courage, wrap her coat tightly around herself and step into the rain.

*New stuff I'm working on, based on my life and such.
Style of Bridget Jones I think, I hope to turn it into a book one day.

Last edited by silver_tears on Oct 29th, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 10:20 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
it was so easy then, wasn't it
we were inseperable
you dried my tears with your sleeve
you kissed my cuts and scrapes
we spent all our time together
and we were only 7

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 10:52 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote