KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Walking Dead!!!!

The Walking Dead!!!!
Started by: Hemorage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hemorage

Worried The Walking Dead!!!!

Coming from the mind of Robert Kirkman (Marvel Zombies) this has to be one of the best non-super hero comics I have ever read. From issue one it drags you in and refuss to let go. I picked up the first Trade after reading Marvel Zombies and was hooked. The art work is fantastic and it is all done in black and white, which I thought might be a turn off but, in the end, was not at all and I began to even forget that it was not color. I think the reason for the black and white is so that they can keep the gore in, though I may be wrong. It tends to be a bit gorier (is that a word) than Marvel Zombies. Like in MZ they showed close ups of the characters eating flesh yet you couldn't really tell what they were eating. In Walking Dead there is no mistake what they are eating.

The trades go up to Vol. 5 which takes you to issue #30. Issue #31 came out in October. It is about a man named Rick who gets shot and slips into a coma. When he awakens he finds himself alone in a hospital full of zombies. He then gets out and goes on a mission to find his wife and kid only to find the whole world is over run with the un dead. This book keeps you on your toes and the writing is just short of perfect. Never have I read a book that actually makes me jumpy. I dread turning the page when there is a moment of happiness as I just know that it will be shattered rather quickly. In the end it is one of the better books and Robert kirkman is a fantastic writer.

The book, as Kirkman has been quoted saying, "is like a really great zombie movie. At the end of the movie you are left wondering what happened to the survivors next. Well, with this book you get to see what happened next." If you have not had the opportunity to check this book out I reccomend you do. You won't regret it. Just keep the lights on when you do. evil face

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 04:31 AM
Hemorage is currently offline Click here to Send Hemorage a Private Message Find more posts by Hemorage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hemorage
Coming from the mind of Robert Kirkman (Marvel Zombies) this has to be one of the best non-super hero comics I have ever read. From issue one it drags you in and refuss to let go. I picked up the first Trade after reading Marvel Zombies and was hooked. The art work is fantastic and it is all done in black and white, which I thought might be a turn off but, in the end, was not at all and I began to even forget that it was not color. I think the reason for the black and white is so that they can keep the gore in, though I may be wrong. It tends to be a bit gorier (is that a word) than Marvel Zombies. Like in MZ they showed close ups of the characters eating flesh yet you couldn't really tell what they were eating. In Walking Dead there is no mistake what they are eating.

The trades go up to Vol. 5 which takes you to issue #30. Issue #31 came out in October. It is about a man named Rick who gets shot and slips into a coma. When he awakens he finds himself alone in a hospital full of zombies. He then gets out and goes on a mission to find his wife and kid only to find the whole world is over run with the un dead. This book keeps you on your toes and the writing is just short of perfect. Never have I read a book that actually makes me jumpy. I dread turning the page when there is a moment of happiness as I just know that it will be shattered rather quickly. In the end it is one of the better books and Robert kirkman is a fantastic writer.

The book, as Kirkman has been quoted saying, "is like a really great zombie movie. At the end of the movie you are left wondering what happened to the survivors next. Well, with this book you get to see what happened next." If you have not had the opportunity to check this book out I reccomend you do. You won't regret it. Just keep the lights on when you do. evil face

I read about this on Wiki...sounded pretty good.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 05:47 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Dan
With the Master Plan

I've never been that interested in Zombie stories.... generally speaking - you've seen one, you've seen them all

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 10:10 AM
Master Dan is currently offline Click here to Send Master Dan a Private Message Find more posts by Master Dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Hemorage

How the hell would you read a comic in the dark?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:37 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

so whats this series called again?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hemorage

It is called "The Walking Dead". It is available in trades Volumes 1-5 which will take you to Issue #30. In otober they released Issue #31 so by getting the 5 trades you would be all caught up. As far as reading them in the dark...well...theres always braile. embarrasment

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 01:36 AM
Hemorage is currently offline Click here to Send Hemorage a Private Message Find more posts by Hemorage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thedude1948

Definitely one of my favorite non-Superhero books out, This current arc seems kinda weak, but I guess the change is good, since you can only have so many zombie attacks being the center of the book before it gets stale.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 01:41 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hemorage

I agree with the fact that the whole Govenor deal is a bit tiresome. Though I do look forward to seeing Michone hopefully kicking his ass. I am wondering though if this is a set up by the govenor. SHould be interesting.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 02:18 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Now that you've had a chance to watch it on TV, do you still follow the comic?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 05:44 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yes. Although I'm not up-to-date. Still around Negan Saga. No time and I kind of lost interest.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Abraham was offed to soon, imho.

Both comic and tv show are great, but I prefer the original. For many reasons.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 06:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Scoobless
Now that you've had a chance to watch it on TV, do you still follow the comic?
I do. It's been pretty dull since the Negan arc.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 03:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

While it was very easy to predict, I'm still excited about the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Emperor Grimes and Darth Negan alliance.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2015 06:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote