KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs...

Superman vs...
Started by: Kutulu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Considering he is threatening to throw the earth into the sun, that means he is Pre - Crisis (since he was only that strong Pre - Crisis, and he was also that evil Pre - Crisis).

So it will be tough.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:42 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kutulu
I've seen scans of Superman holding a black hole, my understanding was that he was strong enough to move the Earth.

For the purposes of this thread, the people he is fighting have no knowledge of his abilities and weaknesses. So nobody is going to manufacture kryptonite before the match. If someone has the ability to spot his weakness to kryptonite and create it during the match, then that would be a different story.

Those scans had to be pre crisis, current Superman just isn't that powerful. You didn't specify pre crisis when you started the thread. Simply stating Superman, and not onne of his other more powerful incarnations means current Superman, not pre crisis, and Sersi doesn't need kryptonite to take care of him.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 11:24 AM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

It seems to me that the only people I can think of that might beat superman one on one would be those that could shut off his mind. (i woiuldn't mind seeing a superman vs ultron fight though.)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 11:44 AM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Those scans had to be pre crisis, current Superman just isn't that powerful.

It was a miniature black hole, and it was Post-Crisis Superman.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 11:54 AM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
It was a miniature black hole, and it was Post-Crisis Superman.

A black hole only 1 cm in diameter would have the mass of the Earth. That black hole from the scan looks to be 5 times that amount. So 5 planetary masses.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 05:18 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

why do you keep changing the conditions...aka, giving superman an edge? confused

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:18 PM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

A black hole only 1 cm in diameter would have the mass of the Earth. That black hole from the scan looks to be 5 times that amount. So 5 planetary masses.

Lol, quit making up figures. Black hole masses depend on a lot of factors, how big the original star was before it collapsed, how much matter it has absorbed afterwards, lots of things, as with any celestial body size to mass can vary. Almost all of post crisis Superman's showings indicate he's not capable of moving the earth. Pre crisis could do that...... but that's one of the reasons they got rid of him, all the absurdly stupid powers for what should at best be a herald level character.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 06:47 PM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NiñoAraña
why do you keep changing the conditions...aka, giving superman an edge? confused

I didn't change the conditions to give superman an edge. I have no idea where you're getting that from. All I presented were counter points to clarify the discussion.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:28 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, quit making up figures. Black hole masses depend on a lot of factors, how big the original star was before it collapsed, how much matter it has absorbed afterwards, lots of things, as with any celestial body size to mass can vary. Almost all of post crisis Superman's showings indicate he's not capable of moving the earth. Pre crisis could do that...... but that's one of the reasons they got rid of him, all the absurdly stupid powers for what should at best be a herald level character.

When did I make things up? I have seen plenty of examples that show that current superman is strong enough to move the Earth. Read up on black holes before you continue talking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Quote: "For an object with the mass of the Earth, the Schwarzschild radius is a mere 9 millimeters — about the size of a marble."

How big was the black hole in that picture compared to the size of a marble?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:32 PM
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:50 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mighty adam

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlNtGzQTBAY look lol he would kill supes

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 07:51 PM
mighty adam is currently offline Click here to Send mighty adam a Private Message Find more posts by mighty adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

When did I make things up? I have seen plenty of examples that show that current superman is strong enough to move the Earth. Read up on black holes before you continue talking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole

Quote: "For an object with the mass of the Earth, the Schwarzschild radius is a mere 9 millimeters — about the size of a marble."

How big was the black hole in that picture compared to the size of a marble?

Consider the source. Wikipedia is hardly written by experts. Anyone can make entries on it. I'd like to see scans of current Superman doing something akin to moving the earth.

It also seems clear that no matter what anyone says you will refuse to accept that Superman can lose. You would've been in great company on this board about 6 months ago.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 09:11 PM
manorastroman

i hate anti-wiki's. it's constantly being cleaned up, and according to NPR it's as accurate as the encyclopaedia brittanica. and only getting more so.

on topic, sentry/thor/zemo/strange

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 09:47 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Consider the source. Wikipedia is hardly written by experts. Anyone can make entries on it. I'd like to see scans of current Superman doing something akin to moving the earth.

It also seems clear that no matter what anyone says you will refuse to accept that Superman can lose. You would've been in great company on this board about 6 months ago.

I'm not a superman fan, far from it. The fact is though that on-panel feats were shown of Superman holding a black hole that would have been the equivilant mass of 5 planet Earths.

Your excuse on Wiki is pretty sad. I have read astronomy books and the general consensus is that the Schwartzchild radius of a black hole with the mass of earth is one cm cubed. Wikipedia isn't wrong on that one. You also refuse to point any counters to the wikipedia entry; you simply exclaim that it is wrong without saying why, or how, therefore if you are saying something is wrong without showing a proof of why, then it discredits your argument.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 10:28 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Validus
That'll do it. And giving him prep is asking for an asskicking.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 21st, 2006 10:36 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote