KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Plotverine vs. ???

Plotverine vs. ???
Started by: Soljer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

Plotverine vs. ???

Alright, this isn't a bash thread, this isn't a joke thread, this isn't a thread to attract Wolverine haters to make pitiful jokes about a fictional character they happen to dislike.

Rather, I am curious; if we take Wolverines highest showings, and ONLY his highest showings, what is the WEAKEST character that could beat him?

This Wolverine can toss well over half a ton single handedly. He can survive a nuke, and a blast by Nitro that took him to the skeleton. He can keep up with Spiderman in speed. He can stab Thanos (even while he holds the fugging infinity gauntlet!). Etc. etc.

Only his greatest showings.

The competition is restricted in that they cannot simply turn off his mutant power, or combat it in anyway. No anti-healing factor corrosives, and no turning off of the X gene permitted. Anyone who can fly is restricted to fifty feet for the match (Wolverine can jump about fifty feet, right? stick out tongue ).

All of this said...what is the weakest character you can think of that can STILL outdo Wolverine?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:37 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

Seriously? if we were to raise Wolverine to a highest-level feat powerset, then he is literally a hearold, and possibly a low skyfather

therefore, no "weak" mutant would kill him

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:38 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Karate Kid.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:42 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Seriously? if we were to raise Wolverine to a highest-level feat powerset, then he is literally a hearold, and possibly a low skyfather

therefore, no "weak" mutant would kill him

roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, this is what I meant when I said "this thread is not meant for haters to come in and make pitiful jokes," surviving a nuke is HARDLY a herald level feat.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:49 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Karate Kid.

Quite possibly! I'm not sure how he'd keep Wolverine down, but perhaps he could endow his strikes with unhealable-chi, or something. Never know with Karate Kid!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:50 PM
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

Originally posted by Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

See, this is what I meant when I said "this thread is not meant for haters to come in and make pitiful jokes," surviving a nuke is HARDLY a herald level feat.

who said i was a hater? im not
it wasnt a joke either

but i stick to what i said smile

<3

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:52 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No seriously. It's true.

Plus his highest showing was when he became like an Eternity level..... with CLAWS!!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by bigbran
No seriously. It's true.

Plus his highest showing was when he became like an Eternity level..... with CLAWS!!

No, no, no. This isn't Eternity Wolverine. It's just normal Wolverine, but with only his best showings taken into account. Upgrades (however temporary) do not count.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 24th, 2006 11:57 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Human Torch?

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:05 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Scoobless
Human Torch?

no expression

Perhaps...

Wolverine survived having all his flesh burned from his body, though. I could see Plotverine leaping into the air and impaling Johnny.

erm. And the fact that I could see that happening is very sad indeed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:06 AM
-K-M-

That scene with Nuke is actually going to be explained soon in his series, he mostly like took the same drug that amplified Nuke's power.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:10 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by King_Mungi
That scene with Nuke is actually going to be explained soon in his series, he mostly like took the same drug that amplified Nuke's power.

MGH. We assume. I realize it's going to (hopefully) be explained away.

Doesn't matter. For now, it's still cannon, and there is no other explanation besides Wolverines plot powers.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:11 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Sandman could still take him at those levels

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

squrrel girl

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:12 AM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Scoobless
Sandman could still take him at those levels

Definitely.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:14 AM
ExodusCloak

Darwin...

I'd say Serafina as well...but knowing Wolverine he'll probably manage to dodge her tech...

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:15 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

We're supposed to be finding the weakest character possible. Darwin is potentially one of the strongest characters Marvel has ever produced. He, for obvious reasons, shouldn't be mentioned.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:17 AM
ExodusCloak

We're supposed to be finding the weakest character possible. Darwin is potentially one of the strongest characters Marvel has ever produced. He, for obvious reasons, shouldn't be mentioned.

Yeah I figured that much...but I felt the need to mention is name...what about Telepaths...or Wallflower....? Elixir...if he can get close enough...without getting killed...

Oh Prodigy...repowered....he could do it...

BTW Do KO's count as wins? Dust possibly?

What about Layla Miller (Deus Ex Machina)

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 25th, 2006 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:19 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Yeah I figured that much...but I felt the need to mention is name...what about Telepaths...or Wallflower....? Elixir...if he can get close enough...without getting killed...

Oh Prodigy...repowered....he could do it...

BTW Do KO's count as wins? Dust possibly?

What about Layla Miller (Deus Ex Machina)

Wolverine has shown resistance to even Xavier level telepathy before, at high showings. Thus, telepathy is pretty useless.

Also, KO's would count, but Wolverine at his best is pretty much incapable of getting knocked out, erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:30 AM
ExodusCloak

Wolverine has shown resistance to even Xavier level telepathy before, at high showings. Thus, telepathy is pretty useless.

Also, KO's would count, but Wolverine at his best is pretty much incapable of getting knocked out, erm.

You mean the Cassandra Nova one where he switched off his mind and went into feral range....do we assume that ALL telepathy doesn't work on him? Because he only resisted one particular type of attack...IIRC Mind Control...which he was pretty good at anyway....

But in the Case of Dust he can't really physically hurt her...
Prodigy(Mental Blockless) apparently can "potentially" beat Wolverine in H2H....
Wallflowers phermones could probably be resisted...
Elixir won't get close enough...

But Layla:

Layla currently possesses the ability to see paths of causality to their ultimate conclusion, which allows her to alter events to prevent or cause certain occurrences; this gives her a sense of apparent omniscience.

So as Capt America says...she'll find a way....because her power shows her the way to victory...

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 25th, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 12:35 AM