KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Wishing that the Superman vs Hulk battle would have been better...

Wishing that the Superman vs Hulk battle would have been better...
Started by: PRAYERRUN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRAYERRUN

Wishing that the Superman vs Hulk battle would have been better...

I think they should have made the superman vs hulk battle a lot more epic than it was. I'm not saying that supes wouldn't have won, just that it would have been a longer, more grueling fight than the Marvel vs DC series made it seem. anybody here agree?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 01:48 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

they've had three fights in total, 2 were good one was fan voted and sucked

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 05:10 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

Not really Hulk and Superman should never be matched up. Having the fight end any way other than an early ringout without Superman having been touched is jobbing Superman's part. Hulk should be like a statue from Superman's view point.

They should just have Superman fight Sentry. It's what everyone wants.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:11 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Agree with Galvaclaw. Superman/Hulk isn't that good of a match up IMO.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2006 06:25 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

The fight was not a good match up. Its too one sided. Its like Muhammad Ali Vs Pee Wee Herman. Supe's is way out his league.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 02:18 AM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
The fight was not a good match up. Its too one sided. Its like Muhammad Ali Vs Pee Wee Herman. Supe's is way out his league.

huh What are you talking about? Supes would @ssr rape Hulk. Superman is way too versatile for Hulk to deal with. Plus Supes could match Hulk in strength for a good while, but Supes wouldn't need a while, only about a minute or two before he puts Hulk down.

The fight would end with Superman throwing Hulk into the Sun at lightspeed.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 07:20 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superdude23

If (and there is a good chance he won't) Superman fights effecively he will win.

If he tries to slug it out, he'll wish he was back fighting Doomsday.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 02:43 AM
Superdude23 is currently offline Click here to Send Superdude23 a Private Message Find more posts by Superdude23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Superman and Hulk were always considered the "logical" match-up because, in the olden days, if you asked someone who was the strongest DC hero, they'd say Superman, and if you asked who was the strongest Marvel hero, it was Hulk.

Superman vs Thor is the real logical match because they both have strength+. IMO, Sentry is not appropriate because 1) he's not time-honored: he hasn't been around long enough real-time, he's not well-known; and 2) he's too similar to Supes, anyway.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 02:45 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Superman wouldn't go to throwing Hulk into the sun unless he absolutely had too. and by that i mean the absolute last resort. So therefore, I think that it would be an epic battle IF done right. I do believe it to be a great matchup because Hulk is the monster nobody can stop, and superman is the monster killer.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 04:36 AM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galvaclaw

quote:
If (and there is a good chance he won't) Superman fights effecively he will win.

If he tries to slug it out, he'll wish he was back fighting Doomsday.

Why? Superman could write a novel in his head in the time it takes for Hulk to punch him. What's to stop Superman dodging each punch? Doomsday has vast superspeed remember?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2006 06:06 PM
Galvaclaw is currently offline Click here to Send Galvaclaw a Private Message Find more posts by Galvaclaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
huh What are you talking about? Supes would @ssr rape Hulk. Superman is way too versatile for Hulk to deal with. Plus Supes could match Hulk in strength for a good while, but Supes wouldn't need a while, only about a minute or two before he puts Hulk down.

The fight would end with Superman throwing Hulk into the Sun at lightspeed.

exactly.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 11:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

yup doomsday vs hulk would be the death of hulk... sooooo dont compare the two... superman wins everytime, well he has soo far in the brief comic appearances in cross overs so far

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:15 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

Superman would totally woop the Hulk, All the hulk is is a giant guy with muscels!! WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! Supes has the strength to match the hulk, and the speed for him not to be hit. It would be a match of Supes picking on the hulk the whole time and the hulk ending up crying cause he cant hit Supes.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 10:08 PM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

well in in comic logic, superman has been shown to fight at near light speed reflex, punching, moving and so on, so if he just went straight in like that how the hell is hulk going to even percieve superman moving, he'd be punched a 1000 times before he could go garh! Superman all the way

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 01:31 PM
GoBotsLive

Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Why? Superman could write a novel in his head in the time it takes for Hulk to punch him. What's to stop Superman dodging each punch? Doomsday has vast superspeed remember?

Agreed. Comparing Hulk to Doomsday is silly. DD was a blur and Superman had to really try just to keep up. A real battle between Hulk and Superman would end very much like the fan-voted crossover. All it would take is one clean shot from Superman, which he can do at will because of his super speed, and it's good night for Hulk.

Hulk is strong, don't get me wrong, but it would take a long time before he reaches a state stronger than Superman. By then, he'd be sleeping.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 11:05 PM
GoBotsLive is currently offline Click here to Send GoBotsLive a Private Message Find more posts by GoBotsLive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

Originally posted by GoBotsLive
Agreed. Comparing Hulk to Doomsday is silly. DD was a blur and Superman had to really try just to keep up. A real battle between Hulk and Superman would end very much like the fan-voted crossover. All it would take is one clean shot from Superman, which he can do at will because of his super speed, and it's good night for Hulk.

Hulk is strong, don't get me wrong, but it would take a long time before he reaches a state stronger than Superman. By then, he'd be sleeping.

oh forr the love I hope your not talking about death of superman fight (if your not then disregard what the rest of this statement as being pertaining to you. they were going the speed of sound tops and a no time was DD a blur for anybody. Lois and other normal humans were able to get film footage and follow the fight with there eyes. DOS superman or Doomsday would meet there match in the hulk of that time. That's why most people think it would be a good fight between supes and hulk. While hulk has gotten less powerfull over the years superman has grown in leaps and bounds in the power department. I would say that current supes (before losing his power) is about 100 times more powerfull in nearly every area. I totally thought DD would be a great match for the hulk considering most of the stuff he did was like the Hulk in DOS. current DD would curb stomp current Hulk but DOS DD and Hulk would be a great fight same goes for DOS supes and classic hulk.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 04:19 PM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowhand
Superguitarist

I can think of no scenario where the Hulk could beat Superman. Hulk is strong and desrves his props, no doubt, but he's really not very different from Dr. Banner. Superman is an alien with god-like powers who would never let the Hulk hit him. Hulk can yell and get as angry as he wants, but Superman would still mop the floor with him.
I know pople would like to think that Superman wouldn't kill Hulk unless he had to. Make no mistake, if it came down do it, Superman would fly through Hulk's abdomen and rip off his head.

With my spear and magic helmet,

~Slowhand

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 05:14 PM
Slowhand is currently offline Click here to Send Slowhand a Private Message Find more posts by Slowhand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GoBotsLive

Originally posted by jasofisc
oh forr the love I hope your not talking about death of superman fight (if your not then disregard what the rest of this statement as being pertaining to you. they were going the speed of sound tops and a no time was DD a blur for anybody. Lois and other normal humans were able to get film footage and follow the fight with there eyes. DOS superman or Doomsday would meet there match in the hulk of that time. That's why most people think it would be a good fight between supes and hulk. While hulk has gotten less powerfull over the years superman has grown in leaps and bounds in the power department. I would say that current supes (before losing his power) is about 100 times more powerfull in nearly every area. I totally thought DD would be a great match for the hulk considering most of the stuff he did was like the Hulk in DOS. current DD would curb stomp current Hulk but DOS DD and Hulk would be a great fight same goes for DOS supes and classic hulk.

Actually, I was... Read all the comics again. There are instances where it is noted that Doomsday/Superman is a blur or moving too fast. Yes, there were times when they didn't move super fast, but then again, if they were all the time - the panels would be blank.

Originally posted by Slowhand
I can think of no scenario where the Hulk could beat Superman. Hulk is strong and desrves his props, no doubt, but he's really not very different from Dr. Banner. Superman is an alien with god-like powers who would never let the Hulk hit him. Hulk can yell and get as angry as he wants, but Superman would still mop the floor with him.
I know pople would like to think that Superman wouldn't kill Hulk unless he had to. Make no mistake, if it came down do it, Superman would fly through Hulk's abdomen and rip off his head.

Agree. If Superman ever felt that the Hulk presented a threat to mankind like Zod, he would kill him.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 06:00 PM
GoBotsLive is currently offline Click here to Send GoBotsLive a Private Message Find more posts by GoBotsLive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

Actually, I was... Read all the comics again. There are instances where it is noted that Doomsday/Superman is a blur or moving too fast. Yes, there were times when they didn't move super fast, but then again, if they were all the time - the panels would be blank.

Agree. If Superman ever felt that the Hulk presented a threat to mankind like Zod, he would kill him.

when did it say he was a blur. I'm going to read it again but I don't think it's there. Furthermore the entire time dd was going all out and several people who were just normal humans and a video camera could see everything that was going on. superfast wasn't all that fast in those days of DC comics. My point is still vaild that DOS superman and classic hulk would be an good fight that hulk "could" win.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:43 PM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

i do remember the moving every fast thing but really it's not like it was anything compared to how fast he moves now or how fast supes is now.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 10:57 PM