KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Wishing that the Superman vs Hulk battle would have been better...

Wishing that the Superman vs Hulk battle would have been better...
Started by: PRAYERRUN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beta-than-u

In context of the two meeting unprepared, looking at past reasons for fights, you could say Hulk would be on a traditional rampage (let's forget The Hulk with the mind of Bruce Banner for now as it would take a lot to convince him to fight Superman in the first place) and therefore Superman would take the role of protector. Most of Hulks fights with other Marvel Heroes come from this context.

So, Superman is not only trying to beat the Hulk, but he is trying to incapacitate him whilst protecting near-by innocents. This gives Hulk an advantage his he is not distracted with this.

As for his strength, Hulk fought with Thor (minus his hammer) and walked away with a draw, this isn't just strength, this is durability, how he can take a punch as well as give one out. Thor is easily Superman's match in strength, without his hammer. Thor is only a God in the eyes and myths of humans. Asgardians (ignoring the Norse mythology) in the Marvel Universe are a race of immortals, essentially super-aliens just as Superman is defined. With Thor not holding back he defeated the Silver Surfer in Blood and Thunder and has held up whole sky-scrapper buildings (one with Mongoose and Quicksand), so I'm not saying Thor is stronger, but their is evidence to suggest they are close, and therefore Hulk to is similar in strength.

Now, I don't think much of Superman's ranged attacks, feel free to correct me, but I think to cause damage Superman has to go toe-to-toe with Hulk. He'll need his super speed to combine containing Hulk and keeping near-by innocents safe. Yes, he'll have some speed left over, but he'll be busy.

I think eventually Superman would win, but against Thor, I can't see it. When Thor doesn't hold back, he killed Loki (kind of), defeated Silver Surfer (would have killed him if not for interjection) and defeated Celestials (planet destroyers). With his hammer he surpasses Superman's power level, and Superman would never set out to kill Thor, which would be his undoing.

Yes, this has turned into Thor vs Superman, but that messageboard was closed, so I have high-jacked this debate instead.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 04:30 PM
Beta-than-u is currently offline Click here to Send Beta-than-u a Private Message Find more posts by Beta-than-u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote