KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dark Phoenix vs Galactus

Dark Phoenix vs Galactus
Started by: Benny G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

wrong thread

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 10:10 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

quote: (post)

Typical GS,

he shows you PART of the whole picture, the PART he likes.

Here is the PART he will not show you:

"I have NEED of SUSTENANCE"
(please log in to view the image)

Phoenix even knows she's fighting a HUNGRY (WEAK) Galactus

"You have NOT the Strength to Continue this conflict"

So Phoenix beat up a HUNGRY Galactus, big whoopy doo...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 11:35 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Pheonix makes beating Galactus look so damn easy !

And that was a tame version of Pheonix...imagine Dark Pheonix, unrestrained and violent tempered ?

Galactus would be f*cked !

BEFORE the fight started,

"I have NEED of SUSTENANCE"

You should know better than to take anything GS posts as a legitimate source of information.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 11:38 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

So, Master owns you again. No wonder you didn't want to give Rew the issue number! big grin

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 11:51 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's all about interpretation, really with cosmic beings it depends on the writer and the plot. In that issue Phoenix beat Galactus, albeit a hungry one. That was the story. The loophole was left so another writer could if they wished have a fed Galactus put up a better fight or win. Vs. threads are stupid for this very reason, they create false parameters and remove the plot and writers input, which is of course what makes a story by definition. The storyteller. That's why two witnesses to an event may recount very different interpretations of what happened. Ask any Police officer who has interviewed witnesses.

By Crom!

I left on my own terms, as I always should have smile rock
If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

herd behavior is a comical thing.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 11:57 PM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Ummm if you'd actually bothered to read the thread you'd see that the issue of Galactus being hungry was already addressed and dealt with.

Do try and keep up dear wink

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Which is irrelevant in both cases.

In the first set of scans, Galactus was indeed hungry, but if you actually bothered to read and analyse what was being said as opposed to being an airhead and focusing on the artwork, you'd see Galactus illustrate his limitations as opposed to a being like Phoenix.

He is a limited being. He requires external sustenance. He eats, he exerts, he uses up that energy and needs to eat another planet. Phoenix on teh other hand is hooked up to an unlimited energy source, so while Galactus may be able to hang with her for all of a few seconds, he would eventually use up all his resources whilst she would carry on strong.

Read the scans.

Owns me? confused

Never happens. smile

Thats why hes too scared to accept my challenge. Until he does i wont debate Phoenix with him anymore. Hes a waste of my time.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:00 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats why hes too scared to accept my challenge. Until he does i wont debate Phoenix with him anymore. Hes a waste of my time.

By Crom! How can this Mr. Master refuse such a challenge without being branded a craven coward from Nemidia.

If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:07 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

GS, quit bitching. It's the truth you didn't mention the fact that Galactus was hungry.

If you're gonna act like a tool and not admit you were wrong, go to CBR where that crap is accepted.

That means she was at the level of the Keeper at the time. Whoopdie freaking do.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:11 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
GS, quit bitching. It's the truth you didn't mention the fact that Galactus was hungry.

If you're gonna act like a tool and not admit you were wrong, go to CBR where that crap is accepted.

That means she was at the level of the Keeper at the time. Whoopdie freaking do.

You know the exact level? Wow!

confused

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:13 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by By Crom!
You know the exact level? Wow!

confused

Keeper did the exact same thing.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:14 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Keeper did the exact same thing.

So that makes them exactly the same? As I remember Keeper also froze time. Your point?

confused

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:15 AM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

So that makes them exactly the same? As I remember Keeper also froze time. Your point?

confused

My point is the fact that they were similar in power, judging by their feats.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:17 AM
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

My point is the fact that they were similar in power, judging by their feats.

And you base this on the two incidents alone? I can eat a pie with a spoon or a fork, I can only eat soup with a spoon or a spork. The problem with all Vs. debates.

By Crom!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:19 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Ive just looked back at my post and i did include that first scan where he says he was hungry. Go have a look for yourself.

All Masters has done is crop the scan to make it look as if i havent.

The fact that you just hopped on Masters rod, accepted what he said and attacked me like that despite the fact that hes lying shows us just how whipped hes got you. smile

Each to their own i guess.

Enjoy the ride. big grin

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:21 AM
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ive just looked back at my post and i did include that first scan where he says he was hungry. Go have a look for yourself.

The fact that you just hopped on Masters rod, accepted what he said and attacked me like that despite the fact that hes lying shows us just how whipped hes got you. smile

Enjoy the ride. big grin

Are you implyin that Beta RAy Howard is Masters B.itch GS?

smile

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:23 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Am I the only one who sees that GS did, in fact, post the scan of Galactus saying he was hungry? confused

EDIT: Nevermind.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:26 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you didn't mention it yourself. Most people who look at scans just look at the pictures. You should have specified.

Like I just said, you didn't specify if Galactus is weakened or not. Common sense dictates that you should specify if Galactus was weakened or not.

I'm reporting you for calling me a homosexual. That's low.

Second of all, I don't agree with either of you on certain points, and you both need to be men and settle it, rather than flaming one another all the time.

So shut the hell up.

Enjoy the ride. big grin

Sure. Ask your mother how it was. She seems to enjoy it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:27 AM
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Am I the only one who sees that GS did, in fact, post the scan of Galactus saying he was hungry? confused

No I saw it also. GS is being made to look like a lier. It seems a gang of people attack him on mass. Where's the fun in running in packs? no

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:28 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

No I saw it also. GS is being made to look like a lier. It seems a gang of people attack him on mass. Where's the fun in running in packs? no

Unless you're a wolf, I see none.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:29 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Second of all, I don't agree with either of you on certain points, and you both need to be men and settle it, rather than flaming one another all the time.

So shut the hell up.

Sure. Ask your mother how it was. She seems to enjoy it.

And you are reporting GS? I would agree they need to settle this though.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 12:29 AM