KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine Vs Sabertooth

Wolverine Vs Sabertooth
Started by: Ricodrayz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
I know what he meant.

I was making fun of Wolverine for being short.

Oh, and Wolverine's claws are NOT three foot long. If they were, they'd drag the ground if he ever put his arms at his sides.

If they were, he would only be 2 ft. 4 in. taller than them. laughing

PWNT

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 01:38 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
the statement is meant to be read "wolvorine has 3, one foot long claws on each hand." However many sources do not write it this way. As a result some one said that wolvorine had claws that were three feet long

either way Sabertooth takes the majority

Ohhh. That explains that. Ingnore my other post.

As for this fight, Wolverine was almost never bested by Sabes before but that may have been PIS. I give it to sabes 6/10

PWNT

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 01:46 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

Who remembers how they introduced Sabretooth to Wolverine? Sabretooth was the guy who would, on Wolverine's birthday, stalk Wolverine and then brutalize him, all without Wolverine knowing or being able to stop him. Yeah, Sabretooth has too much going for him. He really should beat Wolverine more often then not in a close fight.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 01:50 AM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

sabertooth is generally cooler, and on that merit, sabertooth 6/10

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 02:01 AM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Sabretooth was the guy who would, on Wolverine's birthday, stalk Wolverine and then brutalize him, all without Wolverine knowing or being able to stop him.
He'd leave his mark on Wolverine every year by attacking him, not beating him. He doesn't even attack Wolverine every year. One year in Madripoor he killed a bunch of people that were trying to kill Patch. He actually helped him out instead of going after him.

That statment most likely refers to an ambush attack by Sabretooth, which is exactly what Sabretooth did the only time we saw him attack Wolverine on his birthday. In a Classic X-Men back-up story Sabretooth sneak attacks Logan from behind, throws him into the water, and then runs away. No fight there.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 02:33 AM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by norrinradd43
I know the claws are longer but isnt wolverine lik 5'3

creed is tall like me smile

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 02:50 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Originally posted by Arachnid1
As for this fight, Wolverine was almost never bested by Sabes before but that may have been PIS.
Wolverine has beaten Creed like 28 times now. I find it a liiiiiittle hard to accept that all those wins are PIS.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 02:52 AM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by riceroost
Wolverine has beaten Creed like 28 times now. I find it a liiiiiittle hard to accept that all those wins are PIS.

But they were. sad

stick out tongue

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 02:53 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lorddreamer

wow.. thats a lot of wins... how many times has Fantastic four taken Galactus? How many times has Flash been punched? How many times has Batman been tricked (stick out tongue)?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 04:03 AM
lorddreamer is currently offline Click here to Send lorddreamer a Private Message Find more posts by lorddreamer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Draw.

Creed has the advantage physically, but it's never really meant a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. He's not so much stronger or faster that he's ever truly overwealmed Wolverine physically, except when he had the adamantium and Logan didn't, and even then Wolverine has an impressive victory over an adamantium coated Creed during the whole "Death" episode.

wolverine got a win over a cocky creed who thought he already won the fight.

creed's overwhelmed wolverine in wolverine v3. 19, wolverine v2. 166, and again in an xmen classics book (i think)... he's also beat wolverine down on damn near ever b-day by wolverine's own admission.

I'm also not convinced Creed has a stronger healing factor anymore. He did in like Wolverine # 126, but that was a VERY long time ago and since then Wolverine's HF has been shown to be on a whole other level. Wolverine's HF has pulled off some crazy feats that we've never seen Creed manage.

wolverine has a lot more on panal going for him than creed.. credd still has impressive feats...

I don't think wovlerine would emerge unscathed from an all out assault by magma, creed did.

creed also remained concious after getting melted to near bone by sunfire which is pretty impressive..

and recovered from being cut into chunks ( or pieces as wolverine described) their HF seems very much to be at the same level..

Wolverine also has the added bonus of his claws causing a LOT more damage than Creed's do. They are just built better for causing massive damage. Creed cant really easily cause instant massive damage, especially against someone with an adamantium skeleton protecting their inards. Wolverine can. One thrust and Wolverine can completely impale an opponent with ease. Creed has to work for it with his much shorter claws. Wolverine has dropped Creed with a single claw attack several times. Creed has yet to do the same. He just causes more damage.
creed used to give wolvie ass kicking before he had the adamantium and his upgrades, you think he wouldn't fair better now?

At the end of the day they are pretty even in my eyes. Creed had some advantages, but Wolverine's skill and higher damage potential even it out. Wolverine also wins the majority of their fights so it's silly to count him out as easily as some do.
on panal. not off.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 04:27 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Badabing
But they were. sad

stick out tongue

creed lost to power man smokin'

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:15 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by jinzin

creed's overwhelmed wolverine in wolverine v3. 19, wolverine v2. 166, and again in an xmen classics book (i think)... he's also beat wolverine down on damn near ever b-day by wolverine's own admission.

wolverine has a lot more on panal going for him than creed.. credd still has impressive feats...

I don't think wovlerine would emerge unscathed from an all out assault by magma, creed did.

creed also remained concious after getting melted to near bone by sunfire which is pretty impressive..

and recovered from being cut into chunks ( or pieces as wolverine described) their HF seems very much to be at the same level..

creed used to give wolvie ass kicking before he had the adamantium and his upgrades, you think he wouldn't fair better now?

on panal. not off.

Co-signed.

Riceroost, I'm sorry, but your boy loses here.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 04:18 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

It's so good to see 2 Wolverine fans arguing against each other for a chance :P

Anyways, Creed wins the majority here. Does he have any good skill feats though?

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 04:26 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by Jyppe
It's so good to see 2 Wolverine fans arguing against each other for a chance :P

Anyways, Creed wins the majority here. Does he have any good skill feats though?

yeah he's got a couple....

he's shown using martial arts skill against kitty pride in a hand to hand fight once, while she got the upper hand on him, it was through the use of phasing.

he's also shown fair grappling skills, getting an armbar on a supersoldier who had luke cage-like skin and then breaking the bone.

During their fight in wolverine 126 he played possem, allowing wolverine to hit him, but not allowing for any hits to be bone on bone (in order to keep his admantium secret)-- that showed how he can let wolverine hit him only the way he wants should that be his motivation.

Of course non of this is anything seriously major, but it's not bad for a character who was originally written to not have ANY skill whatsoever in fighting...

it's of note that wolverine thinks that sabretooth's fighting ability is superb.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 01:08 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolverine2006
X-man

I would give this fight to Wolverine 5.5/10 but we'll find out when Wolverine #50 comes out.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 01:29 AM
Wolverine2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Wolverine2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Wolverine2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Creed only hit Wolverine like twice in that fight and both times Wolverine responded with a counterblow. There is no evidence to support that Creed was being any more overconfident than he usually is. Which is pretty much all the time. There is also no evidence that Creed was holding back in any way. Point is Bone Claws TROUNCED an adamantium Sabretooth who had a better healing factor than he did. The pics speak for themselves. As soon as Wolverine got pissed off that fight was OVER.

(please log in to view the image)

creed's overwhelmed wolverine in wolverine v3. 19, wolverine v2. 166,.
And Wolverine badly overwhelmed Sabretooth in the above fight. Besides that Wolverine has one shotted Sabretooth several times including Inferno. They both have their fair share of quick victories over the other. I believe Wolverine has more than Creed.

Doesn't even bother with claws here.
and again in an xmen classics book (i think)... he's also beat wolverine down on damn near ever b-day by wolverine's own admission.
Yeah because he snuck up behind Wolverine and tore out his throat before Wolverine knew he was there. Not exactly a straight up 1 on 1 fight. Wolverine has stated to my knowledge that Creed has, "Left his mark on me every year." Which in no way means Sabretooth beat his ass every single year. It means he's attacked me every year. Creed probably snuck up on him and cheap shotted him like he did in the Classic X-Men back-up. If a suprise attack means an advantage to you then all I can say is:

And Wolverine kicked Sabretooth's ass just as many times if not more. In fact it is more. In fact Wolverine with NO POWERS has utterly embarassed Sabretooth who did have powers. Happened shortly after the Mutant Massacre:

on panal. not off.
You do not know that. We dont know the results of all their off panel fights. Common sense would indicate they follow the pattern of their on panel fights, most of which involve Wolverine winning or at least stalemating him.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 06:30 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Wolverine 8/10

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 06:49 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Fan vs fan? The damn universe is busting in half!

Get the popcorn, this is good.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 07:14 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

maybe I should post some of there fights............

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 07:16 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

X-men issue 164: Wolverine Battles Sabertooth and defeats Sabertooth to the point were he is merely little pieces spread around.

X-Men Deluxe issue 90: Wolverine defeats Victor creed aka Sabertooth Logan’s mortal enemy. Logan begins the fight holding back with out evening using his claws. He how ever is pushed into using the claws and defeats Sabertooth soon after by popping his claws through Sabertooths brain.

X-Men Issue 161: Wolverine fights Sabertooth in order to stop him from killing others. Logan defeats Sabertooth in 5 panels due to superior skill and tactics.

here are 3 for now I will post more later

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Feb 12th, 2007 at 07:24 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 07:20 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote