KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FIRST ASSIGNMENT- 'The Museum'

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FIRST ASSIGNMENT- 'The Museum'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

haha,
I like how all the Matrix vets went "F the Philo path, I'm gonna shoot shit."

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 10:40 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hehe, yeah, pretty much seems that way!

Helios is on Philo.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 10:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok then, you guys need to plan.

Museum people- there are five major places.

The largest, on the left side and closest to the entrance, is a general display of impressive extincti species- so, dinosaur skeletons, woolly mammoths, that kind of thing. It is very high, and windows are all over the place.

To the east of that room is a connecting corridor that binds everything else together.

Adjacent to that corridor are three other rooms- "Neanderthal Civilization", "Wonders of the Ancient Deep" and "Majesty of the Air", all with attendant exhibits. They are in that order from north to south, with connecting doors also.

No other rooms will be particularly significant in this scenario.

-

Outside, you also have five areas to cover, simply listed A to E

A is the area immediately outside the museum

D and E are your two exit points. D is a wall-attached phone in an old apartment complex, and E is a payphone in an old plaza.

B is the route to D, and C is the route to E. They are no moee than a minute long. B's route is through back alleys and narrow streets, whilst C is along several roads.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 9th, 2006 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
haha,
I like how all the Matrix vets went "F the Philo path, I'm gonna shoot shit."
sad embarrasment

stick out tongue

Edit - On another note, having just seen Ush's post, I'd suggest we head for the corridor first, since we can get everywhere from there. Perhaps leave somebody at the entrance to the first room and then check out the others one by one.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Last edited by Trickster on Nov 6th, 2006 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:07 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well, I think we have enough combat-nuts to have two people at every location but one.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Lana
Well, I think we have enough combat-nuts to have two people at every location but one.

Looks like. Probably a good idea to pair newbies with last game's players as much as possible.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:12 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

heading to the corridor involves going through the general exhibit.

You are getting in ahead of the meeting, though, so this is about where you start off, not where literally you go first in a fighty scenario.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Combat:
Mors
Fire
Firewall
Ares
Burn
Hawk
San
Barb
Melis
Cloud

Philo:
Balder
Heph
Spades
Sirin
Melkor
Klez
Berserker
Azrael
Mirage
Helios

That's everyone that I have listed as playing, divided into Combat and Philo. That's 10 on Combat, 10 on Philo.

I'll leave the planning to Mors...

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 6th, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Okay, 10 Combat people? Perfect, then we can have two people at each point.

I'm not coming up with the pairings, but 1) it would be best to pair up the new guys with vet players (as opposed to with each other), and 2) we should probably try and pair them up so that the pairings aren't really imbalanced on terms of templates/powers - IE not putting Ares and Burn at the same place, or Cloud and Melis. That sort of thing.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:40 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Okay, as a First Officer, I'd like to plan everything, but I think I'll leave the Philo planning to them and just handle the Combat situation.

I'd look to Heph and Azrael, as our oldies, for ideas on that.

San and I will lead the Combat situation, I think? Maybe?

Anyways, two people to a spot...ideas on how you want to do that, San?

EDIT- Okay, will slap together a list shortly of where people should be going...

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:42 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I suggest that if possible, pair Fighters and Gunners, so that they can compliment each other if (read "when") combat starts.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:46 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

think most solid ideas have been mentioned in here, I trust Mors to do a good pairing.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:47 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
I suggest that if possible, pair Fighters and Gunners, so that they can compliment each other if (read "when") combat starts.

Pretty much what I said stick out tongue

One of us (prolly Mors) will have the pairs up shortly.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:48 PM
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Barb looks down at the Eager Hawk.

"Haha. Sterben Sie nicht Kid."

Smiling, He turns to the rest of the Percy and Shez Vets, and Winks.

(If you'll recall Barb tends to stray between languages occasionally.)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:49 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, the Philo guys should remember that if they don't come up with a plan, Dallas will be the one arbitrating...

BtVS

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:50 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Here's what I've got in mind...

A
Fire
Firewall

B
Mors
Hawk

C
Cloud
Barbarossa

D
Melis
Burn

E
San
Ares

Firewall and Hawk, our two newbies to Combat, have been paired with myself and Fire. Fire and Firewall are both All-Rounders, but Fire knows what's up. Hawk and myself, Fighter and All-Rounder, did pretty well together in the Training mission. Cloud and Barb, Fighter and All-Rounder, they can do they're job. Then Melis and San, our crazy stabby babes, balanced out with our manslut gunners, Burn and Ares. Exits are probably pretty damned important to hold.

And there you have it. Whatcha think, gang?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:51 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hah! Nice stick out tongue

Looks fine to me.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 11:53 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Looks good by me, BB. Haha, "mansluts"... big grin

Originally posted by barbarossa
Barb looks down at the Eager Hawk.

"Haha. Sterben Sie nicht Kid."

Smiling, He turns to the rest of the Percy and Shez Vets, and Winks.

(If you'll recall Barb tends to stray between languages occasionally.)

Hawk looks up at Barb for a few moments, eyebrow arched, before simply shaking his head and saying "Didn't plan to," with a grin.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 12:00 AM
General Zink
Bane

Well, since Mors said it, I guess I'll take a crack at planning? Dallas' plan probably involves 'Kill everyone in the Museum,' so let's see what we can pop out...

Do we know where Dallas wants to go, Ush?

Extinct Species Exhibit - It's the largest, so we might want to put three here?
Heph
Spades
Dallas?

Connecting Corridor
Azrael
Spades

Neanderthal Civilization
Klez
Melkor

Wonders of the Ancient Deep
Sirin
Mirage

Majesty of the Air
Berserker
Helios

Um...okay. Tried to do likewise with balancing people and pairing oldies with newbies, but not...there's only two oldies on Philo.

Heph and Spades together, Fighter and Gunner. Maybe Dallas with us?

Klez and Melkor, Gunner and All-Rounder. I figured Klez knows what he's doing.

Same with the Sirin and Mirage pair, All-Rounders, Natural and Hacker respectively.

Berserker and Helios, All-Rounder, Vet and Natural. Yeah...

I guess that all works. Any objections from the Philo team? Or Dallas?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 12:05 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Barb smiles at Hawk, before looking to Firewall, And Laughing.

"No, I don't suppose you would."

The Pairings look good to me. I can't wait to get Slashing and Stabbing again.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 12:08 AM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote