KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » WACOM Graphire4 work by Aliies

WACOM Graphire4 work by Aliies
Started by: Aliies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

WACOM Graphire4 work by Aliies

Is it true, *Gasp*
Aliies has a 6"x8" WACOM Graphire tablet on order big grin
You cannot guess as to how excited I am, This means that I can finally be free of the brick (mouse) for my digital paintings big grin

Now, I'm openning this up early as the Tablet will be here in a week or two, but tonight I'll post some of the work I can do using just a mouse smile

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 02:40 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm jealous...my tablet's only 4x5 stick out tongue

But it works...which is good as I can't do a damn thing with the mouse, drawing/painting-wise

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 02:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

I learnt to deal with the mouse as I only learnt what a Wacom was two nights ago... sad I've never seen, heard or let-alone used one before, but don't feel jealous about the size, I had reach deep into my pockets for that one... AU$149 for a 4x5, AU$279 for a 6x8...

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:12 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Ok, the Tablet's here, has been for a few days... IT IS GREAT!!!
The pad is over half the size of my screen and it is so easy to Photoshop things now!

First up, something a I did a while ago in pencil that I realized deserved more work...

The original:
(please log in to view the image)

The Digital Edit using the Tablet:

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:52 AM
Aliies

Next is a fan-comic underway for a great Webcomic called Gone with the Blastwave, it can be found at www.blastwavecomic.com:

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:57 AM
silver_tears

Haha I understand that woot big grin
I love the zoot suit cat remastered, chic

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 05:57 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Thanks big grin But understood what? the punchline of the comic or what the Green said o.O

And that cat is very old now, did him early on in the year until I found the pic yesterday and attacked it...
And what do you mean 'Chic'on the end of you're post confused

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:33 PM
silver_tears

The green

chic as in stylish

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 06:55 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

Oh, he... Never heard 'chic' used other than mentioning women... ^.^

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 10:39 PM
Aliies

TomasTwoHammers

Almost forgot about this thread smile I've been working on this character for a week now; so far a total of five hours work including many slaved retries as I worked it smile It's far from finished, the based colors are there, natural effects are still needed though the lighting has been worked to match the shading... for now...

It's ituses a total of seven layers, not one of the character aspects touch the background, technically making it a floating picture. The character himself is one out of a possible Story/RP Idea Called Second Generation, he's an enforcer of the new-world order where Magic has become an outlawed practice as the age of technology rises over the horizon... So enough Jargon... Here he is smile

Last edited by Aliies on Jan 31st, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 11:34 PM
Aliies

things are picking up in my little shop of horrors, the Dark Laboratory as it's now called is hopefully going to be an active website from where to engage all of my insane ramblings and submit works all from me... big grin

Jeez... I wasn't even thinking then... my fingers talked for me XD

here's something to display just how insane things have gotten here big grin

he comes with a little story too!

++++ I had made my way to the upper-spire, my Auto pistol was running dry as I had emptied three clips clearing a path upwards into the ancient basilica...

My entrance into the hall was met with a low tone that chilled my blood. In the glum darkness, I could make out the shape of a man... or at least what seemed like a man...

"You shall find no passage here, Pilgrim..." the voice was cold, mechanical; whatever it was stepped into a soft beam of light that arced down from one of the many lead-lights along the hall walls.

I took one look and drew my pistol, the thing had recently gouged out it's eyes, the alien-esque power-arms reaching out as if praying to the heavens, it's head swung backwards.

I let loose an almighty cry of fury as I emptied the last nine shots in the pistol, the Arco-Servitor fell backwards a step under the barrage.
Brackish-dark blood oozed from the eight straight hits, it's horrid form revealing a wizened smile upon it's half-life-lips, "My faith is my armor, your retribution holds no sway, Pilgrim..."

Without a gun nor any weapon for that matter, I was beaten, it would take alot more than even a las-rifle to down something that felt no pain... My instincts caught up with me... I ran... ++++

And a few of his 'comrades'

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:27 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

How do you like the tablet? I was looking into one.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 04:39 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

well, the last three are solely done on the tablet... believe me, they were rushed! you should get one smile

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 05:52 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

but what size? is a 4x6 or a 6x8 bige enough?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 06:02 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

well, the Intuos is infinatley better but if you want a 6x8 pad like me, go for Grapphire, it's 200 dollars (AUD) cheaper and there's only a small amount of difference, though i'll be moving to an Intuos in the nera future as it's a professional pad...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 07:18 AM
Aliies

and here's a few more warhammer-y type things to sink yer teeth into... the last one sucks though sad

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 01:32 PM
Aliies

and the first page of something random and unintelligible...
and yes, something compelled me to emblazon her second varying top with KMC on it...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:08 PM
justjakk
Evil Bunny

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aliies
and the first page of something random and unintelligible...
and yes, something compelled me to emblazon her second varying top with KMC on it...
i like this. the shirt design change in each picture is amusing and what she says is also amusing. i like this "none of your concern" character.

Justjakk in the box altered images Justjakk in the box twisted lyrics

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 01:41 AM
justjakk is currently offline Click here to Send justjakk a Private Message Find more posts by justjakk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies

There will hopefully be many more of these random comics, they're done to help improve my artwork as a whole...

if you like, I could color your characters for you if you need... this job here was meant to be rushed and sloppy though...

Thanks for the comment, your artwork is not too shabby either big grin

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 01:55 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Nice man, I like your work smile

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 02:34 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote