KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State

What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State
Started by: Jade Lightning

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grimm22
King of the Castle

edit

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:41 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Wolvie haters are gonna go crazy when this comic hits stand. They gonna hate him even more. smile I also agree that a lot of heroes/villains are whithin his range even Tony Stark could be taken down as when Enemy of the State first came out he didnt havethe Extremis armor. This is a Wolvie that doesnt have no regrets, isnt struggling between the man and the animal. This Wolvie is just gone, devoid of any good in him, the perfect killing machine, what he was created for. As for Spider-Man IMO I think Wolvie can take him down, at least in this state. We all know Spidey doesnt have what it takes to kill and Wolvie wont give it a second thought. Spidey is already dead, the issue is just confirmation.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 04:42 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

The only thing Ironman's lack of Extremis would change is that he wouldn't heal as fast after he whooped Logan's ass.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:31 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

yeah, spidey's a goner sad dam what ifs....

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 05:56 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega-level
The story suggests that he has killed most of MU heroes.

Ya and that means nothing at all. Marvel always saying things like wolverine vs galactus how ever logan does nothing or the time they said wolverine vs the MU and again he only fought a handle full of people. He going to only kill a few marvel heros not all, the point of them saying he kills most of the marvel universe is to just boost sails.

Yeah, he killed the entire X-men, the FF, most of the Avengers, etc.

Never once was stated in the preview.

If you have Magneto or Sue Richards, why do you need to assemble a team to defeat him?

It to boost sales nothing more then that they are just saying they need a team to defeat logan because they need a team who can track and catch Logan. If you notice Logan has a teleporter device and physic blockers not to mention he one of the stealthiest people on the planet. They need a team that can catch him and contain him.

"So basically the story is, what if Wolverine's jobber aura went uncontrolled laughing"

laughing

That is highly unlikely that it will be out of control it likely to only be people logan can take out.

By the way, in the first What If series, there is a story called "What If The Hulk went beserk". There, he, in his most savage and strong version, manages to kill the Thing, the Human Torch and Iron Man, before Thor kills him. My question is: if a Savage Hulk can be taken down before he makes too much damage, a mind-controlled Wolverine can't?

You’re talking about two different characters and there abilities are much different. Hulk is a power house and though would destroy Logan he how ever would not be as a dangerous threat to hero though he far more dangerous threat to the city. Hulk powerful but dumb as hell in that form and he won’t be sneaking around which would make him a notice target and how ever not easily defeat he is quite easy to locate and attack as a team. Logan with out physic blocker is next to impossible to locate now that he has them he be next to impossible to locate through physic means. He a far sneaker opponent and has even snuck up on DD he going to extremely difficult to locate and has the ability to teleport due to his devices making him even harder to get. That is why he is such a dangerous threat.

Give me a brake, you stupid fanboys!

You give me a break with your constant bashing of wolverine fans. You should really learn to not be such an arrogant prick

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 06:54 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by Validus
The only thing Ironman's lack of Extremis would change is that he wouldn't heal as fast after he whooped Logan's ass.

Didnt the Extremis armor allow him to summon his armor at will as it is in his body now? I thought when EotS hit he was still getting inside his armor which could give Wolvie an edge and get him while he is not in armor. I dont follow IM titles so im not sure.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 11:41 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
All the wolverine fanboys are in for a big treat by the looks of the preview of the newest in the relaunched What If? series coming out on November 29th.

This series stars the mind-controlled Wolverine as he would be if he never snapped out of his superhero rampage, and he proceeds to kill most of the heroes in the Marvel Universe and only a small team remains do defeat him, from the looks of it including Magneto, Sue Storm, and Captain America.

The preview seems to suggest that Logan has killed Moon Knight, Daredevil, Thing, Tony Stark, Black Panther, Archangel, and many others, and leaves us guessing as to the fate of our favorite web-slinger.

The page showcasing Spidey's fight with Logan starts off predictably having Peter with the upper hand, slamming logan into a wall and webbing him there, but when logan rips free and tackles Spidey off the roof, where he panics and shoots webbing to control his decent, the only clue to the climax of the battle is a shot of webbing with a splatter of blood rising from the battl

I understand logan is quite capable of killing heroes like DD, Black Panther, possibly Thing, and even Iron Man if he caught Tony unawares, but the idea that he's going to beat every single one of them is rediculous, and many agree with me that defeating Spiderman is something highly unlikely.

My question is this: if Wolverine does succeed in killing all of these heroes- Spiderman included- in the What If? series, does that count for a win even though it's a What If? Because i know years ago he killed spiderman from behind in a similar What If?, but I've never seen it referenced.

Here's the link to a preview:http://comics.ign.com/articles/744/744289p1.html

No im sorry Wolverine is not beating Black Panther.

Originally posted by capt it up

You give me a break with your constant bashing of wolverine fans. You should really learn to not be such an arrogant prick

Well thats the sort of thing that makes people bash Wolverine fanboys. You tend to be extremely rude.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 12:15 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Won't matter to me. I thought the original Enemy of the State was pretty well done. This What if? is exactly that. A What if? It has no bearings on anything in current continuity so won't affect me in the least. I'll place this even lower than that Wolverine issue where he took out most of the NYC heroes when he was mind-controlled

Besides. He obviously still has his Hydra upgrades so he's able to teleport and stuff. So these fights won't exactly be "fair"

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 01:44 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by marvelprince

Besides. He obviously still has his Hydra upgrades so he's able to teleport and stuff. So these fights won't exactly be "fair"

Ah. Actually current Wolverine might beat BP, but BP with his ugrades I dont know.

Last edited by Deadline on Nov 8th, 2006 at 01:51 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 01:48 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

That explains why he was able to teleport out of Spiderman's webbing- other than that he was beaten. But enlighten me please as to his other HYDRA upgrades, if there were any.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 07:15 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

That is highly unlikely that it will be out of control it likely to only be people logan can take out.

Northstar?!? What the f**k?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 12:41 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Grimm22

ya an already injured north star who had been blasted by a sentinal is well with in logans abilities

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 01:06 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Speedsters job. It's what they do - look at the Flash, or Quicksilver.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 01:08 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Hey if slade can do it to flash stick out tongue

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 01:14 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
That explains why he was able to teleport out of Spiderman's webbing- other than that he was beaten. But enlighten me please as to his other HYDRA upgrades, if there were any.

Not upgrades per say but he got a lot of tech that he was utilizing

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 12:19 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

ya an already injured north star who had been blasted by a sentinal is well with in logans abilities

Even injured Northstar should still be able to freakin' dodge Wolverine What the f**k?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 03:17 PM
Disappear

Re: Re: What If? Wolverine: Enemy of the State

Originally posted by Alfheim
No im sorry Wolverine is not beating Black Panther.

agreed.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 08:47 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

Anyone else remember when Northstar owned Sabretooth? Yeah, I remember that.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 10:13 PM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Even injured Northstar should still be able to freakin' dodge Wolverine What the f**k?

really now so a haft dead north star who can barly sit up let a lone dodge is going to dodge a master fighter who has superhuman reflexes
ya that makes sense roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 10:18 PM
Disappear

where are you getting the 'half-dead' idea?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 11:59 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote