KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » short stories and other written works.

short stories and other written works.
Started by: ~Forever*Alone~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

short stories and other written works.

some stuff that i have written in my writing class.

a descriptive paragraph:

Breathless, i have finally made it, and the view is spectacular. i look down on the city, a tiny speck of existance compared to the endless broken chunks of the flesh of the earth. to my back are more snowcap wearing monsters to deafeat, although they can't be defeated. Fir tree fur sprouts out of their massive bodies, their green hair which is eating them alive. It stops at the snowline, giving a pause in its ravenous attack for a moment, but it will continue eventually. the air is fresh, clean and crisp, it smells like winter though it is spring.

a short story i had to write where someone else had to write the climax and i had to write the story, the climax was: He ate the cookie! :

He was a blue blur sneaking through the shadows in the forest. He was, the Cookie Monster Ninja. His mission: to retrieve the golden cookie from the grasp of his nemisis, the bread dough ninjas, who had stolen it.
He neared the enemy base, so far undetected, and managed to avoid their traps, setting some of his own. Then he waited and watched, hidden by the trees, he scanned the perimeter assessing their defense formation and formed a plan.
Finally his chance came. As the guards changed, he snuck into the base. Walking along the corridor he conveniently found a floor plan which labeled the exact location of the golde cookie.
He followed the map and reached a door, labeled the golden cookie room. He burst through the door, prepared to fight, but fell into some sort of pit, onto a huge, soft and gooey floor.
"Ah, so you have come to take back your golden cookie," said a voice.
That was when the Cookie Monster Ninja realized that it was a trap!
The voice revealed itself to be, Banana Bread, leader of the bread dough ninjas, and he was holding the golden cookie!
"You have fallen into a pit of yeast bread, which will slowly rise to suffocate you! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
But the Cookie Monster Ninja wasn't going to give him the satisfaction og killing him. he pulled out his last resort, the poison cookie. He ate the cookie! Fortunately he doesnt have a throat to ingest the cookie, and it crumbled all over the yeast bread, killing the yeast and enabling him to escape.
He leaped towards Banana Bread, sending deadly throwing cookies at him, but Banana Bread used the golden cookie to deflect them. Then Banana Bread threw some of his own bagels at Cookie Monster, but he dodged them, and snatched the golden cookie from Banana Bread's hands.
Then Cookie Monster was off running through the base, being chased by a large group of bread dough ninjas.
As he reached the forest, he set off the traps, which delayed just long enough for the Bread dough ninjas to be right in the center of them.
The Cookie Monster Ninja brought the golden cookie back to his village. Celebration ensued.

does this work?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 12:40 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

im never going to finish this.

Cassandra smiled as a happy memory invaded her thoughts, until she remembered where she was and took a step back. Tears flooded her eyes and streamed down her face, blurring her vision of the tombstone in front of her. Once again she moved forward to touch it, as if to prove its existence to her, and knelt down. She dragged her fingers across the fresh grave dirt, absently searching for something to cling to.

“My pillar,” She whispered to herself. She was overcome by her grief, and could do nothing for a moment but sob over the grave. “Look at me, crying over you like this. Would you have cried for me? Will you be crying for me?” she absently asked.

After a while she got tired and went back to her car. “Stupid bastard” she growled, “Will I never be rid of you?” all pretences having been abandoned in the privacy of her Bentley.

Of course, it had all been an act. She prided herself in having fooled her husband’s family, but she had to keep up the act in public. The media was all over her rich and famous husband’s sudden death, and of course some suspicion would come her way, but she had always played the part of a loving doting wife in public. The matter was completely different in private. She absolutely despised him. In order to avert suspicion she still played the part of the grieving wife, but it was starting to make her sick.

does this work?

Old Post May 5th, 2007 07:44 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

"A Modest Proposal"

When I go to the hospital, to visit my brother after another one of his drunken accidents, I see an alarming amount of the same type of people filling the hospital beds. These types of people are also clogging the streets of White Rock and Kelowna when I go there to shop or stroll. I see them everywhere, in every country, in every region of the world. These people may be chalk full of wisdom, but their feeble minds sometimes can’t retrieve it all, or they’ve become vegetables. I’m talking about the elderly. Becoming old is reaching epidemic proportions in this world.

As they get older, elderly people contribute less and less to society, and in fact, become a burden after they’ve stopped working, as they require pensions and a significant amount of medical care and attention. Many elderly are confined to hospital bed as doctors try to keep their unfulfilling lives intact, using valuable resources and much needed medical supplies. There are a lot of young people who still have their lives ahead of them that might need an organ that would be given to an old person just because the need was more urgent. Thus, my proposal is that once they reach a certain age (perhaps 70), having had a fulfilling life and without a job, we kindly put them down. Now, I know humans can live to be 120 years old, but by then they are virtually useless, having lost function in their brains and bodies.

The Earth’s population is somewhere around 6,716,098,794 people and that number keeps growing. Dependant old people make up 25.8% of that population. If we could eliminate that burden, many people would be able to live happier more extravagant lives, and their children would have more opportunities and better educational funds. It would also serve to solve some of the Earths overpopulation problem.

It would also free up many housing opportunities for less fortunate people and homeless people, since someone would have to fill up the space left behind by all the deceased old people. We could easily fit all of the homeless people into the many retirement communities that there are in this country. It would also provide an opportunity for people to move to Canada from poorer countries.

Also, the strain on the healthcare system would be relieved, as elderly people take up over 42% of the system. Care taken from young people who may lose their lives for the sake of an old person would be given back, and there would be less waiting periods for organ transplant and other treatments. And one can’t help but compare the value of a younger person’s life to an old person, which is much less than the young persons, as they are nearing the end of it. It’s just unfortunate that elderly people’s organs and tissues are virtually useless at that point, or else they could be giving back in many more ways.

I also have to admit, not many people I know enjoy the thought of growing old, and the possibility of dying before having become senile or vegetative is an appealing prospect. I myself would rather die some fantastic way than be a vegetable lying in a bed. What would be the point of living if you can’t do anything or even enjoy it through remembering? Plus, by that age, many of your friends might already be dead or demented, and let’s be honest; almost nobody over the age of ten really likes the company of seniors.

And I can’t say I would be entirely unaffected by this proposition. I have grandparents who I hold near and dear to me, but they are getting a little senile and living off of pensions, which are barely enough to support them. I would miss my grandparents dearly, but if it’s for the betterment of society I’m sure they’d agree. They would be given the opportunity to say goodbye to their family and younger friends, have a chance to enjoy their funeral, and then given the lethal injection, right into their coffin if they wish (skip embalming, it’s pointless), or carted off to the crematorium.

does this work?

Old Post May 16th, 2007 01:23 AM