KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most depressing film you've seen?

Most depressing film you've seen?
Started by: jayride

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

mech, you've seen cannibal holocaust? yeah thats a messed up one too. some of the effects are amazing

Old Post Sep 11th, 2002 10:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

some other disturbing ones are henry-portrait of a serial killer and last house on the left.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2002 10:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Will someone enlighten me on this Cannibal holocaust. I've never heard of it. When was it made? Sounds like an interesting movie. Also, do you think its rentable?

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Sep 13th, 2002 07:22 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

you cant find it to rent. its not available in the states yet, it should be soon. its pretty much blair witch with some gore and stuff. its better then blair witch though. its really extreme.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2002 12:34 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

It was banned over here for years but was recently re-released. In the version I saw they still had to cut out big bits where they were killing that turtle thing. My mate told me that the original had a few extra scenes where they tortured the turtle and stuff. Sicko's.

The SFX are good for the age of the film and it was the original Blair Witch except they keep going back to present day where they are veiwing the tapes they found, edit out those bits and Bingo! you've got a better Blair Witch.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2002 02:15 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

it hasnt really been re-released yet. grindhouse is still working on it. once they get it out it should be pretty easy to find. and yeah, the original turtle scene is disgusting. i saw the original un-edited version. its really sad but effective.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2002 08:03 PM
brownie

I was wondering, I was reading the posts and I went to look for that movie cannibal holocaust. I did happen to find the movie cannibal apocalypse, is that the same movie? The back of the DVD said it was an italian film that was banned in a few countries. If so, let me know if thats the same movie that will help both me and chico out.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 07:46 AM
brownie is currently offline Click here to Send brownie a Private Message Find more posts by brownie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

no, its not the same, its a rip off. cannibal holocaust, was the first cannibal film, there have been alot of rip offs, the only other good one is cannibal ferox. but no, its not the same movie.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 09:29 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I can rent a number of previously banned titles from my local video shop. They have usually got a generic "Vipco's Vaults of Horror" cover with the title of the film on, I believe there's quite a few out now.

I saw "Cannibal Holocaust" there the other day but I'd already seen that one so I rented out "City of the Living Dead" which I felt was a little lame to be previously banned until this poor chap was held down and a bloody great drill was put through his head. Great SFX for its day, you can see the whole thing quite clearly.

Did you know there was a Cannibal Holocaust II out Backfire, I've never seen it but I typed in that title on google cus I couldn't remember that "Vipco's etc etc" bit, I noticed one link mentioned a sequal.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 11:57 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'll have to rent those

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 12:41 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

no, its fake. there was no cannibal holocaust 2, thats either cannnibal apocalypse which is such a similar name that people thought it was a sequal. or jungle holocaust which is another movie about cannibals by the same director, but its more action oriented. but there is not movie with the title cannibal holocaust 2. and if there is, its a fraud, city of the living dead was alright too. the scene where the dad drilled that kid in the head was cool. and the scene where the girl puked up all her organs was really cool. you should check out "The Beyond" and "Zombie" those are both done by the same director as city of the living dead, lucio fulci, but they're both better. and have some outstanding gore effects

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 05:36 PM
BackFire

you're lucky you have a video store that carries those, i had to see cannibal holocaust through my cousin who happened to own a pirated copy of the movie and he gave it to me.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 05:39 PM