KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Game Versus Rule Change?

Game Versus Rule Change?
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

It is a decent idea to have a versus everything section though.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:09 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
It is a decent idea to have a versus everything section though.

It would be "Versus Anything" actually... smart

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 12:39 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Or just have another Mod alongside Lana and revert back to the way it was before?

No, actually, I like the idea of another forum altogether for the moronic vs. threads. It'd be like the OTF to the GDF smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 12:31 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Syren
Or just have another Mod alongside Lana and revert back to the way it was before?

No, actually, I like the idea of another forum altogether for the moronic vs. threads. It'd be like the OTF to the GDF smile

We should totally come up with names for the forum.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:10 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

A name for it could be "Crossover V" and it would be Comic characters Vs Video Game Characters vs even star wars characters and any other genre that wished to be in it, they would have to ask a mod first to add it to the list of characters than can be used; so no one ends up putting stupid characters like Tom and Jerry vs Superman and Yoda no expression

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:18 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Nah... Where would you shove threads like. "Butter Vs. Margarine" or "Toast Vs. The American Flag"?

What about "Misc. Versus", "The Off-Topic Battles" or "I'm a reject versus thread. My only home is with the other rejects here."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:22 PM
Null

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Nah... Where would you shove threads like. "Butter Vs. Margarine"
Up your ass? I don't think anyone would give about those. Ok, we have the Crossover Vs section and then one thread in it that Says GARBAGE Vs, where a piece of ham vs your shoelace could go in..if it make syou feel better....

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 10:59 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Up your ass? I don't think anyone would give about those. Ok, we have the Crossover Vs section and then one thread in it that Says GARBAGE Vs, where a piece of ham vs your shoelace could go in..if it make syou feel better....

I was joking.... But still... Want kind of loser fan-boy really wants to see Superman fight Vader? It'd be far more interested to see the outcome of the butter, margarine fight than that geek clash.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 11:22 PM
Null

I was joking.... But still... Want kind of loser fan-boy really wants to see Superman fight Vader? It'd be far more interested to see the outcome of the butter, margarine fight rather than that geek clash.
no expression

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 11:23 PM
MC Hammer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't been in the game vs part yet properly, I looked at the rules when I came the other day and saw how crap they were. So I go to another forum with a moderator willing to mod.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:28 PM
MC Hammer is currently offline Click here to Send MC Hammer a Private Message Find more posts by MC Hammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Good. Stay there.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 03:30 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

See, if I weren't willing to mod, there'd be no rules and I'd never be in there.

But that's not true, is it.

The main complaint people have in wanting to change the rules is that they don't think there's enough variety. Well, being as nearly every single match in there is Street Fighter or Tekken...maybe people should note that there's more games than that. Maybe once every single game character match has been done people could have a case based on variety.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 04:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

It would be "Versus Anything" actually... smart

Indeed.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 04:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
See, if I weren't willing to mod, there'd be no rules and I'd never be in there.

But that's not true, is it.

The main complaint people have in wanting to change the rules is that they don't think there's enough variety. Well, being as nearly every single match in there is Street Fighter or Tekken...maybe people should note that there's more games than that. Maybe once every single game character match has been done people could have a case based on variety.

So your saying that its the members fault that they don't play certain games, so they have less variety?

I heavily dislike the FF series, so I'm not inclined to make FF vs. threads because I don't know anything about Final Fantasy.

Just because you, personally, might have a large variety of games, and as a result would have a larger variety of who to put in a vs. fight, doesn't mean others do to.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 06:59 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Captain SEX
So your saying that its the members fault that they don't play certain games, so they have less variety?

I heavily dislike the FF series, so I'm not inclined to make FF vs. threads because I don't know anything about Final Fantasy.

Just because you, personally, might have a large variety of games, and as a result would have a larger variety of who to put in a vs. fight, doesn't mean others do to.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all.

I'm saying there's TONS of games yet everyone always draws from the exact same few games for just about everything. I know people in there play more than just SF, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and Halo (at least I would hope so), yet matches with that are the majority of what you see. There's more than that, Mario, Zelda, and Final Fantasy out there.

There's tons of variety available, it just seems that everyone sticks to the same games and characters.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 07:12 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, thats true. But still it gets anooying after awhile. I mean I'm sorry, but Toad vs. *insert random RPG character* just doesn't appeal...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 07:39 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The variety problem is emerging in the Star Wars forum, but the complaints died down, it seems.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

All the Star Wars forums should be merged now.... (minus the RP one)

They're just not pulling in the traffic they used to. Get rid of Matrix too, that never gets posts now.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:10 AM
Peach
mordrem

The SW forums still get plenty of traffic...and Matrix is already a subforum and has been a long time.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:14 AM
§P0oONY

Why keep a forum, even if it is a sub-forum if it gets no posts? It's just a waste of space and the SW forums don't get enough traffic to warrant 4 forums.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 12:34 AM