KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Sparrabeth

Sparrabeth
Started by: a-k-a-amber

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (300): « First ... « 295 296 [297] 298 299 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Playing around on tvtropes.com again, I was looking at Love Actually's entry, which resorted in looking at Keira Knightley's entry. She was listed as being a pettanko, which I had no idea what that was. Turns out, the pettanko entry defines it as a woman who is flat-chested and is a bit self-conscious about it. Then several examples are sited and THIS popped up:

"Keira Knightley.
In Pirates Of The Caribbean, her chest was made up to create the illusion of cleavage.
Which seemed to disappear in the later installments.
Captain Jack couldn't resist taking a shot, though:
Sparrow: "So unless you've got a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in that bodice—" (scans her briefly) "— unlikely..."

So is that a shot at her "smallness?" I never took it as such. The way he acts around her later on (and in our sparrabeth world) makes it seem like he doesn't seem to mind she's not as busty as he's used to. I always thought it was a shot at the fact she was walking around an island IN HER UNDERWEAR that, you know, was pretty revealing (for the time period).

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 05:26 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Not meaning to double post, but this was an entry for "shipping wars." And it was the ONLY entry for films at all.

"Back in its heyday, Pirates of the Caribbean fandom was split into approximately three groups: the people who wanted Will/Elizabeth (Willabeth) to happen, the people who wanted Jack/Elizabeth (Sparrabeth) to happen, and the tiny group who completely stayed out of it and just watched the madness, usually complete with pointing and laughing. On one forum, these "debates" got to be so bad that the administrators completely shut down all "shipping debates", and had to relegate the respective shippers to their own discussion threads. Not that this helped, of course, since the Sparrabethers seemed to be comprised mostly of rabid fangirls who just didn't know when to quit. This troper remembers them having a catchphrase, "Resistance is Futile", and using it everywhere possible. Interestingly, most of the Sparrabethers absolutely hate Will and need him to die in a matter as painful as possible, while most Willabethers are Jack fangirls to a degree, or at least find him amusing.
And it wasn't just that forum either... fans on a certain website's message board did it too. To extreme levels. There was a point where there was nothing on said forum but shipping "team" threads, and bashing of X character.
Poor Norrington....
Someone hasn't read Sparrington. Norrington doesn't need sympathy from anyone, if you get what I'm saying.
This troper wonders if people have pondered the fun (or hilarity) of Jack/Will.
Oh yes. This comes up a lot in fanfic, and Lizzie gets bashed pretty often.
they most definitely have"

I had no idea we sparrabethers are seen as so crazy. I think we're all a pretty mild-mannered (albeit enthusiastic) bunch. Maybe we should start a UN of sorts and we can represent the sparrabethers in a diplomatic way...which then the willabethers, norribethers, and the rest would do the same thing, and really no one would be happy until a full-out orgy for the characters resulted...never mind.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 03:37 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

*sighs* This thread brings back so many memories!! My heart never forgets these 2!! Sparrabeth will always ALWAYS live in my heart!!! It's funny i still feel Heartbroken...im not sure i'll ever recover!! sad lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:55 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

I don't think any of us will fully recover. It's too engraven.

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 05:04 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Totally.

Attachment: whatever.gif
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 06:24 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madaboutjack

Its good to see you PirateDiva so you still love these two?maybe you should continue your fanfic it was too beautiful to left unfinished

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:29 PM
madaboutjack is currently offline Click here to Send madaboutjack a Private Message Find more posts by madaboutjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Thank you so much madaboutjack....i really am going to try to finish it...my computer crashed and i lost most of my files and I just havn't had the time to sit down and rewrite it but lately it's like their spirit has been haunting me because Jack and Liz r all i could think about!!! So i'm hoping to update soon!! smile

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 09:14 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

fanfic??? what am i missing here...

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 10:18 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madaboutjack

she has a fanfic which named Entangled Hearts.One of the most beautiful story i've ever read.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 10:54 PM
madaboutjack is currently offline Click here to Send madaboutjack a Private Message Find more posts by madaboutjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

DEATH TO COMPUTER CRASHES!

Wait....

Attachment: zaphod beeblebrox.gif
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 12:03 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

Diva why have I never read this??

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 01:34 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

ninja

Attachment: wtf.jpg
This has been downloaded 51 time(s).

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 01:41 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

I dunno...lol...i wrote a fic Signatures of a Union and Entangled Hearts is the continuation of it!! lol...ive talked about it here b4 maybe u just missed it..lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 12:10 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

eek!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 12:46 AM
Tainted_Angel18
Cpt. Jack my PILF

dude this forum is SO KEWL!! ppretty much everywhere i go theres ALWAYS a willabeth telling me that theyve got a kid now and yadda yadda yadda and im like STFU ALREADY J/E WERE MEANT TO BE CRUM BUM!!

Yeah. Spawns of Satan. You just keep smiling and eating up your Willabeth flavored Cheezits.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 06:15 AM
Tainted_Angel18 is currently offline Click here to Send Tainted_Angel18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tainted_Angel18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

LOL Cheezits. Mhmm, pretty much everyone here is a Sparrabeth shipper.

Attachment: chicken.jpg
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 07:50 AM
Tainted_Angel18
Cpt. Jack my PILF

KUDOS to all of us then!! XD

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 08:23 PM
Tainted_Angel18 is currently offline Click here to Send Tainted_Angel18 a Private Message Find more posts by Tainted_Angel18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

big grin

Attachment: taxi.gif
This has been downloaded 31 time(s).

Old Post Nov 9th, 2009 09:05 PM
mharbs0321

I would just want to say hi to all of the Sparrabeth Shippers out there. I'm a newbie here and I want to get to know the people here. I had read tons of good posts....and I would just want to mingle with people who love Sparrabeth. That's all. big grin

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 08:42 AM
mharbs0321 is currently offline Click here to Send mharbs0321 a Private Message Find more posts by mharbs0321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

WELCOME!

big grin

Old Post Dec 1st, 2009 07:46 PM