KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (111): « First ... « 105 106 [107] 108 109 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

I know people are having a fit because of pa kent's death.. but which is worse, your father dying where you can do absolutely nothing about it or your father dying where you can absolutely save him but didn't because he didn't want you to, to protect your true identity?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 03:04 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by super pr*xy
I know people are having a fit because of pa kent's death.. but which is worse, your father dying where you can do absolutely nothing about it or your father dying where you can absolutely save him but didn't because he didn't want you to, to protect your true identity?

great point.. i didn't have a problem with Pa Kent sacrificing himself and telling Kal don't save me

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 04:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

I have a lampant explanation for Zod's murder, actually more than one:

.1st

Zod told him the fight will end with one of the two being killed. No other way. Zod was a soldier, Earth was under alien attack, so I'd say we can assume it's a war type scenario. In war, killing is permitted.

.2nd

More time Zod's spent under the yellow sun of our solar system, the more he became powerful. With few days, he developed all of Supes abilities, and being a better fighter, he begin to master them quickly. I believe had Supes not killed him in the train station, probably Zod would have tried something similar on him, while causing even more havok.

.3rd

NO BACKUP. NO BACKUP. If Superman failed to kill or stop him, who would do that? Cause there ain't no JLA, no Suicide Squad, NOBODY on Zod's level. Kill one, to save a million. That is the truth.

.4th

Except for a neck snapping, how else could Superman stop Zod? Kryptonians heal from injuries fast, blunt force, energy weapons, explosions, gravimetric pulses, nothing seemed to be able to kill them. So what? Battlefield removal? Oh, yeah throw him in space, risk to have him go sundipping and come back really godlike.

.5th

Superman has killed Doomsday, General Zod of Pokolistan, exiled General Eiling on an asteroid, leaving him to his fate. Gimme a break with the boyscout bullshit

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 08:02 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by ares834
Way too long IMO.

Zod losing to Jor-el was dumb, I'll agree.

However, I'm not sure why people would think Johnathan risking his life to save his dog was stupid. People do that in the real world.

Jor-El was probably a former member of Krypton's army. Also Jor-El didn't believed in people being choosen to excel in only one field. See was a scientist, a dreamer, a warrior. I like this portrayal.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 08:09 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Also the whole multitasking thing. One thing is having control over his powers, one thing keeping his hyper senses on alert, while blasting heat vision, dodging fists, and landing blows. This is a rookie Superman, ain't no veteran. He never fought other superpowered foes.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 08:15 PM
super pr*xy

he never fought before, period..

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 10:53 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

And you know this how?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 11:41 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 07:41 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Originally posted by xJLxKing
And you know this how?

I doubt he'd fought humans before the other kryptonians came to earth.. or did I miss something in the movie? was there a scene in the entire movie where kal-el was fighting somebody, anybody before zod and company's arrival? if not, then he never fought before the kryptonians came to earth..

Old Post Jul 18th, 2013 03:57 PM
Diesldude

^^ I have to agree with this. There was even a scene where he was getting bullied and he backed down.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2013 01:12 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by K3VIL
Also the whole multitasking thing. One thing is having control over his powers, one thing keeping his hyper senses on alert, while blasting heat vision, dodging fists, and landing blows. This is a rookie Superman, ain't no veteran. He never fought other superpowered foes.

That's one area where the fight could have actually been interesting though, in that we could have gotten to see Superman learn more about his abilities and how he can use them.

Earlier, when he makes Zod become overcome by his own enhanced senses, I thought that was cool, and maybe Superman could end up using that to his advantage. He clearly had more experience with his powers than Zod did, having grown up with them and all.

But no. Just punch it out with the guy who's as invulnerable as you are. Whatever.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2013 02:09 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 12:52 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I prefer George Newbern to Tim Daly.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 03:15 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, Dean Cain. How I've missed him and his Superman, and though I didn't like Routh's he was most amusing in that video. lol

Old Post Jul 26th, 2013 07:32 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

LoL wtf that was awesome

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 02:12 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Ah, Dean Cain. How I've missed him and his Superman, and though I didn't like Routh's he was most amusing in that video. lol

If Christoper Reeve never existed, Dean Cain would be the best Superman of all time.

His Clark Kent as well was awesome.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 03:26 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by K3VIL
Superman killing Zod is justified within the context of the film. There was no Justice League, no kryptonite, no depowerment, no Phantom Zone - nothing that could have stopped him, and Superman was the only force that could stand against him. That was made quite clear, and the decision to kill Zod was forced on Superman, who really had no other way.

But, like I've already said, this shouldn't have happened on the part of the writers. "How can we put Superman in a situation where he must kill?" misses the idea of the character completely.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 04:28 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd agree with that last part.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2013 07:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eei6Z2IOIqU PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE NAME OF THE SONG. It starts when Kal says I'm gonna stop you, and it's also heard when he flyes sometimes in the movie and when he and Zod jump out of the collapsing building after Zod's heat vision begins to manifest.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2013 06:26 PM
zeel

Originally posted by SupezM'
Man of Steel crosses the $600m mark.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...uperman2012.htm

The critics were overly harsh on the MOS reviews but they were right about one thing. They said around 650 millon and that's bout what it will do. 700 million tops and that's really good considering the last few supermen movies did crap.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2013 03:20 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote