KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (111): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manorastroman

eradicator would be a very good choice for a villain.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 09:25 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
They're trying to Batman's "Dark Knight" (2008) title where they're not gonna have the superhero's name in the title.

"They're trying to copy Batman's "Dark Knight" , meaning.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 09:47 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

I say it suits the tradition that they are trying to start, aslong as he gets to through someone through a building in this new one I'll be happy!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 10:09 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
systemshock2

Yeah I like this potential title too. It just sounds so cool and epic. I can see how Warner brothers is trying to tie Superman with the Batman franchise, since they're both now going to use their catchy subtitles as their movie name. "The Dark Knight" and "The Man of Steel" are pretty much the only two comic titles that instantly remind the audience as to who they're talking about. And at the same time they just sound continuous, i.e. they just perfectly sound like the middle ground of a trilogy franchise. Now if the third film is called "Superman Forever" than that is a dream come true.

On a related note I was one of the big fans of the second Spiderman movie being originally called "The Amazing Spiderman". Certainly much better than just Spiderman 2. And again, "Spiderman Forever" would've been great as the third title.

Best rivalry ever!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:27 AM
systemshock2 is currently offline Click here to Send systemshock2 a Private Message Find more posts by systemshock2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

And your point is? confused

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:39 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

Originally posted by manorastroman
eradicator would be a very good choice for a villain.

ummm... no. Eradicator is actually good. He has moments of craziness but he is definately a good guy. And havng him in the story would involve Supermans Death and also Doomsday... So no eradicator. I think Brainiac would be an ideal enemy, you know... maybe he followed Kal-el while Kal-el was visiting the remains of Krypton... you know, just a theory

"They are good people, Kal-el... They wish to be."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:14 AM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

or is drawn to the island superman launched into space??? just a thought

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:54 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by redcaped
No one is better that's why they fear him.

Zod has been used, Zod is gone, Zod is not coming back - get over it.
Look at all the other villains they could choose from - Darkseid, Braniac, Doomsday, Mongul. I'd rather see them.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 04:06 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read my thread for Zod...you'll be surprised. I have the brains!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 12:25 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

stupidity more like

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 08:41 AM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

You sound like Brainiac.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 05:16 PM
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

he sounds wise, your right.

Saying Zod should return... you sound like Mongul

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 05:26 AM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mongul? Never heard of it. Must be another stupidity. You should check again, I keep updating it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 07:06 AM
MattDay

man have the you seen the major superman bashing going on here, i look through all the other heroes forums, and none get this much attention, why bother? they seem prejudiced, just because they love to hate the iconic superhero

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 09:50 AM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, every icon goes to the chest...a lamp, a lightning, a bat, etc. All except Hulk the ripped crazy mess.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 10:01 AM
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

About.com has published interviews with Brandon Routh, Eva Marie Saint, Sam Huntington, and Stephan Bender, where they talk about the "Superman Returns" DVD and the up-coming sequel (tentatively titled "Superman: The Man of Steel"). Here's an excerpt from Brandon's interview...

What villain do you want to see in Superman: The Man of Steel?
Brandon Routh: "Well, there's a lot of talk about Brainiac. Everyone wants to see Brainiac. But I tell you what, in the Superman Returns video game, you get to play as Bizarro. Bizarro's pretty fun; you can have some fun with that. So I would lean towards one of those. With Brainiac there's a lot of possibilities there. He's another mastermind villain so he can create any number of evil things."

Superman Returns was a love letter to Richard Donner. Will Bryan Singer now make Superman his own?

Brandon Routh: "Certainly. Bryan had a huge feat on his hands. He had to recreate Superman for the 21st generation with a huge gap since the last film came out. He also has a new guy in the pipes, so he had a lot of hurdles to leap. He did a fantastic job. You have to make the character real and believable and lovable again, so he did that in a fantastic way. Now the world is his oyster. He can do whatever he wants now because he's put Superman back to where he should be."

Is there anything you're looking forward to playing next time?

Brandon Routh: "Well, there's talk of fighting, so that would be, instead of getting beat up this time, maybe throwing some punches or at least throw some bad guys around. So that'd be fun for some different kind of stunts. See how the relationship with Lois progresses..."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 06:32 AM
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

no zod

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 06:33 AM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman alone (movies) means nothing to me. Zod can cause more damage than Bizarro...no laughing matter! I'll keep my own cape then.

Last edited by redcaped on Nov 30th, 2006 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 03:14 AM
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

i agree i dont like the thought of bizarro. They kind of did that in Superman 3 and look at that mess

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 04:23 PM
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also in 4!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 07:37 PM