KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (111): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redcaped
This wasn't Superman 5. You're wrong. Like Batman Begins, Superman also begins. They want to hear people like you, that's why they haven't make it clear.
Wha...? It was, as I believe they said all along, a sequel to the first two (the "good") Superman movies. And Zod is a big no no...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 08:19 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by chase el
ummm... no. Eradicator is actually good. He has moments of craziness but he is definately a good guy. And havng him in the story would involve Supermans Death and also Doomsday... So no eradicator. I think Brainiac would be an ideal enemy, you know... maybe he followed Kal-el while Kal-el was visiting the remains of Krypton... you know, just a theory
... You do know Eradicator didn't originate in Return of Superman, right... confused

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 08:23 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't wait the confirmation.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 09:36 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

Originally posted by Super Guy
... You do know Eradicator didn't originate in Return of Superman, right... confused

i know, but his other story arc is him being possesed. Not so much the eradicator himself. He is a good guy, built by Jor-el to watch Kal-el

"They are good people, Kal-el... They wish to be."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:02 AM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I'm all for Brainiac in the next Superman. Mostly I just want to see them get some real supervillains on the silver screen this time. Lets see someone who can cause some real sh*t (besides Lex). I've seen the whole "mind of muscle" villainy of Lex again and again, I want someone who can fight Superman with his fists, not just his mind. I wanna see some punches thrown and some heat vision ownage. I loved SR it was a great beginning for the new kids who don't know anything about Supes besides maybe Smallville (where Clark isn't Superman yet) Singer did a great reintroduction of Supes to the world, now its time to get down to business. Braniac I think is the obvious and best choice for the villain in the next Superman movie. That being said I hope Brandon was kidding about the Bizarro thing, cause...that would just be stupid.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2006 12:20 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has a sense of humor. But bringing Brainiac on 2 would be rushing things. Don't say I didn't warn.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2006 02:09 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

hmmm theyre shooting for 2009... my guess is that it will be out a little before that like christmas 08 or if we are lucky summer 08. because when they guesstimate these dates/years they like to over compensate for time and script problems. i like the idea too that it will be more like a comic book/action flick and not as dramatic, even though i really have no problem with drama but i REALLY want to see some nice eye candy/ cgi effects with superman kicking ass. its about time.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 12:23 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dates are my main concern. I would like six movies made in short. Let's make history!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 12:41 AM
Kovacs86

6? What the Hell are you on? then again, you want Zod in the next one... and he's DEAD!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 04:32 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
hmmm theyre shooting for 2009... my guess is that it will be out a little before that like christmas 08 or if we are lucky summer 08. because when they guesstimate these dates/years they like to over compensate for time and script problems.

Umm... nope.

They won't start shooting it till the spring/summer of next year.(2007)

Digital effects work on films of this size takes 1year to a year and half. (including pre-vis animatics, which may take place before/during shooting)

As the effects are being worked on, you have to edit the footage thats been shot live action, and then wait for digital effects to get close to finished so that you can make any changes necessary.

Then you add sound effects and music.

Plus, you have to set up marketing (posters, trailers, and toys) and promo deals with fast food chains and others.....

So all-in-all, it takes about 2 years (for an effects-heavy action spectacle like Superman) from the start of filming the actors until it comes out.

So ends "Big-Budget Event Films 101".

That'll be $500. stick out tongue

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 06:43 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

well, i know for a fact that film music is usually recorded within five to six weeks before opening day, allot of what you said can be done simultaneously, i know that they worked on digital shots for Revenge of the Shit while they were shooting live action. it really is all relative to how much money goes into pre production and how big the pre-vis/visual effects/concept design crew is. it took the bruckheimer crew only two years to complete dead mans chest i think. i may be wrong with that one though...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 06:14 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

6? What the Hell are you on? then again, you want Zod in the next one... and he's DEAD!
When I said 6 movies for Superman I didn't mean evil...how come after caring so much by dedicating my time to it. A character never dies when you love it. Zod is dead to you not to me.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 05:14 PM
chase el
Man in Red Short Shorts

Originally posted by redcaped
When I said 6 movies for Superman I didn't mean evil...how come after caring so much by dedicating my time to it. A character never dies when you love it. Zod is dead to you not to me.

hes dead to the writers and producers of the next superman movie thank god

"They are good people, Kal-el... They wish to be."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 08:54 PM
chase el is currently offline Click here to Send chase el a Private Message Find more posts by chase el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

haha yup, redcaped, stop preaching like a christian with his faith, zod is dead, brandon didn't even hint towards zod, now doomsday in the third film would be awesome, a titanic battle, and they can play on the idea that doomsday may or may not kill superman like he did in the comics.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 08:58 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
information
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've been in redcaped's thread. My opinion on this? If you want to see the truth of all truth wait for it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 03:50 AM
information is currently offline Click here to Send information a Private Message Find more posts by information Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

ZOD didn't die he was returned to the phantom zone. but i wouldn't like to see ZOD in the next film either.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:03 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

really? i never would of known from him falling in the pit, does it show more or something in deleted scenes?

In the next film I'd like to see a new trio, working together at points, brainiac and luthor working together, obviously lex using brainiac, they create bizarro, except he can be really mean looking, not like the oaf in the comics and anime. all hell can break loose with them three in a story of superman, then the coming of doomsday in the third, lex included

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:41 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
information
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bizarro is a joke.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:48 PM
information is currently offline Click here to Send information a Private Message Find more posts by information Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

There aren't real good option for continuing the reloaded Supes franchise unless DC Begins extending the movie universe of his characters.A plot like that of JLU for Doomsday would be silly, considering a whole JLA formation was wrecked from him.The pantheon of characters is too poor to have a chance of picking up someone without making big mistakes.Maybe Parasite and some other members of Supes rogue galleries acting together, or someone like Darkseid, who'd need let's say a hour to be exposed and explained, then for the rest of the movie, the fight with Kal El on his planet, ending like in the TAS episode where his citizens takes him away to heal him, with DS saying:
I am many things Kal El...but here, I AM GOD.
Leaving possible links for a sequel to introduce the New Gods.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 06:16 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

It better be "Superman: Doomsday" instead, or I'm passing.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:18 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote