KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (111): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
information
Restricted

Account Restricted

my ideas=best

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 05:19 PM
information is currently offline Click here to Send information a Private Message Find more posts by information Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

anyone who openly says that obviously has no confidence that their ideas can speak for themselves, obviously your ideas suck.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 09:13 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
information
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like my ideas just as I like the new Superman Returns.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:48 PM
information is currently offline Click here to Send information a Private Message Find more posts by information Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

... hmmm fair play, got any ideas where they can go with the sequel, which is now going ahead, starts filming next year!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:15 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I'd like the titlew etter if it was called "The Man of Steel"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:51 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

no superman, just "the man of steel" that could work, straight to the point anyway

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:41 PM
kal3l

I always thought the title "Last Son of Krypton" would have been awesome for a superman movie title, especially if we could get some scenes of life on krypton into the movie.

I'd like the film to show commitment to the comics, but the story doesn't really have to be 100% tied to them, so maybe the krypton scenes could tell our villain's story and interact him with krypton/kryptonians in some sort of way, "dare i say" even he he never went there in the comics.

And he could end up on earth and a meeting with superman purely by chance or by some other way, instead of the usual yarn of, I'm for revenge for what ur father did to me, all those years back in the scenes they just watched etc....

In fact he could of purely have visited krypton and did some villain things (for purpose of movie scenes) without even having to have met jor-el.

Maybe the p[lot could even thicken with the return of lex luthor too (i liked spacey's darker luthor compared to hackmans clown).
What if our galactic villain, knows that one day in the space age future lex luthor will cause him great stress/maybe death.
He comes to earth to find/kill lurthor, causing mass destruction in his path, so superman has to stop him.

Then instead of the usual good guy vs bad guy, we could have a complex ed roundabout of a plot of Lex trying to kill superman, while superman tries to stop villain killing lex.
superman should just let villain kill lex, but his morals are too good.

lol sounds like a carry on film lol, but has enough in it to see his no.1 villain lex, a super villain to match him physically and also the triangle roundabout story has enough options for twists and turns.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 03:22 AM
kal3l is currently offline Click here to Send kal3l a Private Message Find more posts by kal3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal3l

Sorry to double post on 1st post, but when u guys shoot this down, keep it constructive lol.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 03:25 AM
kal3l is currently offline Click here to Send kal3l a Private Message Find more posts by kal3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Some people are thinking to far ahead, chances are there will be 3 films including SR Returns (maybe more but i hope not). In the next one I would really like to see brainiac show up and maybe team up with Lex to create a Superman clone (bizzaro) that goes horribly wrong lol. All i really want for the next film is action, I want to see Supes knocking people in to orbit, frieing robots with his heat vision just basically a lot more action and actually fighting with some one. Then of course for the third, it has to be either Doomsday or Darkseid. Can you imagine how fuking amazing it would be to have Darkseid in the third film? All out brawl between them on apokolips, wow orgasmic to say the least.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 03:46 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

that or a massive fight with doomsday, either would be a treat to watch

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 05:26 PM
Cybervader
Master of Cyberspace

Shut up all of u who hates the title "Superman: The Man of Steel"! It sounds gd the very first time i heard it. It gives a definitive feel of epic proportions fit for a sequel of the great "Superman Returns" movie.

Also, to call it simply "The Man of Steel" by removing the "Superman" is ridiculous. Its a whole different story with "The Dark Knight". Imagine, "Batman: The Dark Knight" does not ring well! Just because Superman: The Man of Steel sounds like The Dark Knight reincarnation does not mean its a copycat! Then wat, Superman Returns copied Batman Returns?? Gosh u guys are stupid.

Bryan Singer wanted to include General Zod in Superman Returns, and had ask Jude Law, his only choice, for that role. That idiot declined that offer, likely because he dun wanna be remembered as a villain but a pathetic ladies 'heartthrob' so-called, venturing in films like The Holiday where he merely cries like a baby. Singer then dropped the idea, which makes me hate Jude Law for-ever. He dun deserve to be Zod!

I think they should not include an alien character as a villain in the superman films, cos tt's too comic-ky, but follow the style of Spider-man..choosing villains who were ordinary ppl initially. Not many in the superman canon though.

Zod shud return. And Lana too.

"I still find your lack of Faith disturbing..."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 07:18 PM
Cybervader is currently offline Click here to Send Cybervader a Private Message Find more posts by Cybervader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

No. It should just be "Man of Steel", period.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 01:06 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

seeing Nicholson with his bald head at the oscars just screamed LUTHOR
**** Spacey
get in Jack Black as Otis and we got something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 01:09 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vintageSW77
seeing Nicholson with his bald head at the oscars just screamed LUTHOR
**** Spacey
get in Jack Black as Otis and we got something

the only problem with nicholson is that he was already (imo) a fantastic joker...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 03:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

sure but did he look the part without even trying
(please log in to view the image)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Mar 13th, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 10:08 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Exclusive: No Zod in Superman Returns 2?
Brandon Routh talks superhero sequel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all the lush visuals and emotional intensity of Superman Returns, a sizeable slab of its audience grumbled about its lack of balls-to-the-wall action, with complaints going something like, “If I wanted to watch a man lift increasingly heavy objects, I’d hang around my local skip.”

Well, Supes himself, Brandon Routh, gave us a few hints as to what we can expect from the sequel. And it seems a proper Scary Bad Guy (no offense, Lex) is very much on the cards…

“It’s going to be a lot more in that genre. In the first one, the obstacle was Superman’s love for Lois and his son, and Luthor using that against him. I just know that in the next film there will be a lot of action and I’m gonna get to fight something, or someone. An enemy with real physical power might be worked in there, definitely.”

Hmm… But what of a rumour that’s been floating around of late, that the next Superman flick will feature a certain outlaw from Krypton, a villain with immeasurable strength, a baddie whose love of baggy V-neck tunics is only matched by his fox-like cunning. In short, will Superman soon kneel once more before General Zod?

“I don’t know,” laughs Routh. “I don’t know how much we want to reprise characters that have appeared in the series before, since we’ve reset and used the first film to pay homage to all that’s come before. Now I think Bryan (Singer) might want to go somewhere new with it, which I think will be exciting.”

It’s early days for the project — Routh says he has two films lined up to shoot later this year (one a romantic comedy) before he dons the cape again, possibly in early 2008 — and aside from a bad guy, there’s something else missing: a title. “Yeah, I don’t think they’ve settled on one yet,” says Routh. “I suggested that Bryan call it Superman Returns Again, but I don’t think that will happen. They’re about to begin the pre-production process, so there’s a lot of ideas in the air and a lot of discussion about what’s going to happen with it. I promise a lot of excitement!”

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20493

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 08:20 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

So no Zod, oh well Luthor WILL be back along with another i'm syure worrthy adversary.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 09:11 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

I'm leaning towards Brainiac with possibe supporting villains Parasite of Bizarro. Metallo could be back as Lex's B!tch though.... Like in the animated series

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 01:04 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Man I hate the title. Why would you want to have "man man" like that? It doesn't flow well at all. Sounds like that old "Repair Man man man man man man" thing from uh...shit...what was that show called? Your mind starts going at 20 haha. Anyway, yeah, Superman Man........

I wish they could've caught the mistakes of SR before making it, but now we're going to have to pay for it. The idea of giving him a kid was just wrong...and you know they'll never just kill him off in the next movie. As for villains, Luthor will probably return, but I'm hoping that Brainiac is the main villain, and I'm hoping its more along the lines of the "twisted HAL 9000" version rather than an alien in a purple jumpsuit and short shorts. If they don't do Brainiac and like, a smaller villain like Parasite or Metallo for a fight scene or two.....then it would have to be either Doomsday or Darkseid. Otherwise it'll be a waste of a movie.

When you think about it, we've been screwed with Superman movies. Out of FIVE movies, we've had two villains, basically.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 03:30 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
Man I hate the title. Why would you want to have "man man" like that? It doesn't flow well at all. Sounds like that old "Repair Man man man man man man" thing from uh...shit...what was that show called? Your mind starts going at 20 haha. Anyway, yeah, Superman Man........

I wish they could've caught the mistakes of SR before making it, but now we're going to have to pay for it. The idea of giving him a kid was just wrong...and you know they'll never just kill him off in the next movie. As for villains, Luthor will probably return, but I'm hoping that Brainiac is the main villain, and I'm hoping its more along the lines of the "twisted HAL 9000" version rather than an alien in a purple jumpsuit and short shorts. If they don't do Brainiac and like, a smaller villain like Parasite or Metallo for a fight scene or two.....then it would have to be either Doomsday or Darkseid. Otherwise it'll be a waste of a movie.

When you think about it, we've been screwed with Superman movies. Out of FIVE movies, we've had two villains, basically.

that is true, and its worth considering given the frankly awesome rogues gallery the guy has...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2007 11:37 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote