KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman: Man of Steel

Superman: Man of Steel
Started by: SupezM'

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (111): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
freek

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hofftensen
Perhaps the next superman movie ...after MAN OF STEEL could be THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN ...thus bringing in some of the JLA since they were there in the DEATH OF SUPERMAN storyline

For continuity's sake that would only work if they cast Routh and Bale as their respective characters in the JLA movie, or did an entire reboot of the Superman film franchise. Preferably the first option.

On the issue of villains though; Metallo would be plausible (and more interesting than simply Luthor again) considering there's bound to be some remnants of the moutain of Kryptonite from Superman Returns, although Brainiac seems like a pretty good option.

And with the declaration that one of the villains would be "alien", I had the strange (and very disloyal to the comics) idea of having Superman's son be some kind of sick, twisted creation of Luthor's; making him a product of a Kryptonian-Earthling cross-breeding artificial insemination experiment.

Throw in accelerated growth of some kind, a way for Luthor to make him hate Superman (the experiments could have resulted in weakened inhibitors and emotions making him susceptible to brain washing, or simply continuous psychological trauma under the guise that Superman was responsible for them. A break down in the relationship between Lois and her boyfriend/fiance/husband/partner, who the boy acknowledges as his father, would help. Or his death), training in how to use his powers (Luthor hacked the Fortress of Solitude, which is where Superman learnt how to become Superman, once: he can do it again. As for the speed in which the kid learned...enhanced memory and information retention as a result of the experiments?) and as a result of the experiment's failure: gradual degradation of his mind and body.

Namely: Bizarro. And back to my original point he would be considered alien due to the fact he's half Kryptonian. Well I thought it might make for an interesting twist stick out tongue .

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 12:18 PM
freek is currently offline Click here to Send freek a Private Message Find more posts by freek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Singer, routh, man of steel 2009:

None of this is going to happen apparently-

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6645

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 07:50 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

why do i have the feeling they are covering their tracks of what is actually going on by throwing up a smoke screen of rumors to keep the fans and press off their backs lol i wouldnt be surprised, apparently routh is still on, but no news on singer yet, but i dont know what to believe anymore

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:35 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This would be quite a rebuke; after years of torturous development and false starts to erase the memory of the rancid Superman IV, a new film finally comes out and falls a bit short of expectations. So they just walk away and consign him to Justice League films only? Superman deserves better. This makes him definitely No. 2 at DC behind Batman, instead of being co-leader.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 04:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4197.asp

well its official, man of steel is a go

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 10:36 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

If this report is accurate then its great. But you'll understand my sceptisim considering he had to years before we finally got Singer's version of Superman.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 09:59 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

it was on for 2009 until the writers strike pushed it back to a possible 2010 by the earliest...which sucks

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 10:08 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

UhG I knew that strike would push it back. We want our SUPERMAN!!

The Word

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:35 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jammy1

If this is wright then its great. But you'll understand my considering he had to years before we finally got music version of Superman.

squidoo.com/MP4_Videos

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 07:48 AM
jammy1 is currently offline Click here to Send jammy1 a Private Message Find more posts by jammy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Rotten Tomatoes had a report out a week ago stating that Superman and Batman were being written out of Justice League to focus on their own franchises!

Wahoo...WB pulls their head out of their ass.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 02:29 PM
tlbauerle is currently offline Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6911

i wish singer would just piss off... sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 09:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Raoul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6911

i wish singer would just piss off... sad

I didn't see anything wrong with the interview.

What's the problem you're having with it?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 03:43 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Soljer
I didn't see anything wrong with the interview.

What's the problem you're having with it?

singer's track record...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 04:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

singer's track record...

Yeah, but you posted the interview as if he was saying something offensive THERE.

I don't particularly care for his record, but the interview didn't show anything too negative. smile.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 04:33 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, but you posted the interview as if he was saying something offensive THERE.

I don't particularly care for his record, but the interview didn't show anything too negative. smile.

his involvement in the project in general, was really what i was commenting on... sorry for any misunderstanding...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 04:39 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

his involvement in the project in general, was really what i was commenting on... sorry for any misunderstanding...

No apologies needed, I know your opinions on Singer.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 05:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No apologies needed, I know your opinions on Singer.

i'd be surprised if anyone on kmc didn't by now... laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 05:24 PM
Magee

Well it's nice to know Superman might actualy hit some one in the next film. I really hope his son dies as that is just the worse thing from the film.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 06:30 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Apr 6th, 2008 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 06:15 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
detartrated

Son of a....

Originally posted by Magee
Well it's nice to know Superman might actualy hit some one in the next film. I really hope his son dies as that is just the worse thing from the film.

Yeah, I totally agree! That "Son" of his kinda messes up future storylines... Worst.Cliffhanger.Ever

They would have been better off doing:

An alternate Universe type story like in "Created Equal"...where he actually had a son with Lois...(only because he was the last man on earth)

or better yet,
Mark Waid's Superman: Birthright(back to the beginning)

or best ever if they do
Grant Morrison's All-Star Superman
(speaking of which does anyone here have Issue no.12 the ending?)

STUFFTHATCLOGUPMYPC . BLOGSPOT . COM

Last edited by detartrated on Jun 20th, 2008 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 08:36 PM
detartrated is currently offline Click here to Send detartrated a Private Message Find more posts by detartrated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote