KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » New DW thread

New DW thread
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

New DW thread

I can't find the old destiny's way thread...I was at theforce.net site and they had a few spoilers in it something like...
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jaina and Jag are in DW but not in same scenes....
Jaina and Kyp are in Dw in some of the same scenes....
Kyp and Jag are in Dw but in diff scenes

...a few more cryptic things like that and then he says that the reader should connect the dots any way they want to

the info supposedly came from the author of DW himself....
BTW that's Walter John Williams...I think.....anyway, this book is supposed to come out by Oct 1st

Old Post Aug 25th, 2002 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Hey my copy of Destiny's Way was shipped today from Amazon.com....by the time I get home this weekend....it might be sitting there just waiting for me to bust open the package....

Old Post Sep 30th, 2002 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

lucky you

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Oct 1st, 2002 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I just finished the book and it was very good. Finally the NJO makes sense again. I haven't been the biggest fan since SBS was so bad, but DW's was very good. I won't post spoilers unless asked. Some cool stuff does happen

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 1st, 2002 10:23 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

How long did it take you to read it? I haven't even gotten ahold of mine....yeah I'm glad to know that this one is good...on the other hand I liked SBS too...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2002 02:21 AM
Corran
Lucifer

I may wait for the Paperback version

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2002 08:16 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

It took me a couple hours to read. A lot of fun stuff happens so it was a quick read.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2002 05:16 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Oh my goodness...a few hours to read a book that large...wow you read fast....I'm a slow reader...it may take me some time....but i will definately read it soon....

Old Post Oct 4th, 2002 08:50 PM
Corran
Lucifer

I still can't get the damn thing.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2002 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

When did DW come out? I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Probably because I never see any Hardbacks at Walmart.

I guess I'll have to go to Books-A-Million soon.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2002 07:31 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I finished Destiny's Way yesterday...and I must say that it is a very good book...as stuck up as Walter Jon Williams may seem in some interviews...the guy sure knows how to write and he does a marvelous job with the 14th book of the NJO series...
Corran, Lance, I suggest you both redouble your efforts to get ahold of a copy....

Old Post Oct 10th, 2002 06:46 PM
Corran
Lucifer

Right, will get it this week somehow.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2002 10:59 AM
Julie
The Student

I doubt this review will have too many deep spoilers because I finished is about a week ago...but here goes anyways, ...never mind I lied...there are really big spoilers....
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: summary: Jacen Solo returns and Jaina Solo takes part in a massive attack. Jaina still wrestles with the thought that she's eventually gonna die. Jacen Solo takes a vacation of sorts. Luke reextablishes the Jedi Council. Mara is back doing what she does best. Jag Fel is off on some silly mission. Kyp Durron is older and wiser...
Supreme Overlord Shimmera is typical depsotic vile bad guy....Nom Anor's still a bumbling idiot...oh and a new bumbling idiot is introduced...

This book is definately a good read. It's exciting, and upbeat...so if you like the good guys to win...read destiny's way. Oh yea, destiny has something to do with the book evil face ....
I plan on rereading the entire NJO series, but I may reread DW twice...once soon...and once when the entire series is out. I also want to listen to it on tape. The action is great...the writing is good, and the characters are fairly well presented....

Old Post Oct 18th, 2002 02:53 AM
Julie
The Student

So who all read this book and what are your thoughts on it?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2002 07:26 PM
LanceWindu

I still haven't gotten it.

I was promised it a couple months ago and still haven't even seen it.

My Wal-Mart supposedly has it, but when I went there to buy it (cause I had money and I didn't want to wait any longer from my sister's mom) it wasn't there!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2002 07:28 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I am reading it now, well actually not right now because I am online, but I am halfway through and it is good upto now, just hope it does not just fizzle out at the end.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2002 12:00 AM
Julie
The Student

I didn't think so...but then again it all a matter of personal opinion....I thought the book had a decent ending....I can't remember all of it but I remebered liking all of Destiny's Way.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2002 07:37 PM
Corran
Lucifer

I liked the book, the ending was OK too, a little unexpected at the very end.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2002 11:19 AM
Julie
The Student

I vaguely remember it......oh yes....I thought that though it could have been better it was sweet....

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 03:48 AM
Corran
Lucifer

Sweet is not what I'd have used, but I can see why you might think it.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2002 09:08 AM