KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Book Club For Really Smart People Club.

Book?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Eyes. 3 16.67%
Eye. 0 0%
I. 11 61.11%
Floor. 4 22.22%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Book Club For Really Smart People Club.
Started by: Ya Krunk'd Floo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dirkdirden
I hate reading but I do listen to books at work. My favorite book has been Of Mice and Men Steinbeck rules.

I told everyone about me reading The Grapes of Wrath, right? I like it..but it takes me long. I am lazy.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Originally posted by Bardock42
I told everyone about me reading The Grapes of Wrath, right? I like it..but it takes me long. I am lazy.

Yeah I'm very lazy and also reading makes me very sleepy. Grapes of Wrath is a good book but I still like Of mice and men better because it related to be more.

Another reason I hate reading is my wife made me read Pride and Prejudice and that book is long and boring, She said I was just like Marcy Darcy and by the end of the book I wanted to cry because it wasted so much of my time.

The last book I started listening to was a brave new world but as soon as they brought the savage to the city I lost interest and stopped it. Is the ending of the book good?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:27 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah I'm very lazy and also reading makes me very sleepy. Grapes of Wrath is a good book but I still like Of mice and men better because it related to be more.

Another reason I hate reading is my wife made me read Pride and Prejudice and that book is long and boring, She said I was just like Marcy Darcy and by the end of the book I wanted to cry because it wasted so much of my time.

The last book I started listening to was a brave new world but as soon as they brought the savage to the city I lost interest and stopped it. Is the ending of the book good?

The book on the whole is excellent. (To me). I like it more than 1984 actually. if you would say that the ending of the book is "good" as such I do not know., Depends. Do you like endings that make you sad and make you want to never be born? Nah, just kidding. it is good. Read it. Now.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 09:39 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

The book on the whole is excellent. (To me). I like it more than 1984 actually. if you would say that the ending of the book is "good" as such I do not know., Depends. Do you like endings that make you sad and make you want to never be born? Nah, just kidding. it is good. Read it. Now.

Yeah the savage annoyed me so bad. I got to the part ware the hot girl puts the moves on the savage and he freaks out and pushes her down and locks her out of the room. After that I stopped because he was annoying me. But the first parts of the book were it explains the way life is in the future is one of the best futuristic descriptions of life I have witnessed.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:36 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah the savage annoyed me so bad. I got to the part ware the hot girl puts the moves on the savage and he freaks out and pushes her down and locks her out of the room. After that I stopped because he was annoying me. But the first parts of the book were it explains the way life is in the future is one of the best futuristic descriptions of life I have witnessed.

Well, you might like the end in that case.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 10:39 PM
Solo

there's going to be a movie on it, isn't there? I think I read it in the movie forums.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I'm reading it. The trailer caught my interest.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:21 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Solo
By the way, has anyone read The Good German? I'm a hundred pages or so in and I think it's pretty great.

Sounds interesting. Is the title intentionally oxymoronic?

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 11:56 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

For how long have they been going out?

Good one.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 12:02 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Sounds interesting. Is the title intentionally oxymoronic?

Good one.

Good one.

'twas, wasn't it?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 09:24 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Good one.

'twit, wardle top?

'twas, wasn't it?

Good one.

(PS. I knew you were going to say "Good one"...Foresight.)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 09:27 AM
Bardock42

'twit, wardle top?

Good one.

(PS. I knew you were going to say "Good one"...Foresight.)

We just know each other sooo well. Or, we are both just stupid to such a degree that we have only one way to reply to things. Thingful things even. Oh..sparkly stuff. bbl lolz.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 09:33 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

We just know each other sooo well. Or, we are both just stupid to such a degree that we have only one way to reply to things. Thingful things even. Oh..sparkly stuff. bbl lolz.

Shmarkle it down as doogle doig, then I'll catch a fillip and call you "Ten". Deal down in drago, disco? Brillital flornin fla.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 09:35 AM
Bardock42

Shmarkle it down as doogle doig, then I'll catch a fillip and call you "Ten". Deal down in drago, disco? Brillital flornin fla.

I like "Ten". Is a good album. The rest of the words I did not understand. Cause I'm stupid. Get it? Get it?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 09:40 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I don't believe it. You're not stupid. You're just intelligently-challenged.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:42 PM
Bardock42

I don't believe it. You're not stupid. You're just intelligently-challenged.

Chall...who?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:51 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Yes, you got it right: Challwho. Like the tablecloth.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 01:53 PM
Kid Kurdy

The League of Extraordinary Gentleman was a shit movie, so I ain't goin'

Shit movie but great graphic novels.

Well, it's your loss.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 06:45 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Not really, seeing as I corrected myself and said I'd give them a try.

David Mitchell, anyone? Come on! One of you fools must have read one his excellent novels? Ghostwritten, Number 9 Dream, Cloud Atlas, Black Swan Green; they're all excellent.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2006 01:50 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

This David Mitchell sounds interesting, looked his books up. So recommend a starter Floo.

Also need to read Foer's second book, enjoyed Everything Is Illuminated a lot. There was a stage play made from the book, wonder how that turned out...

Currently reading The Contortionist's Handbook by Craig Clevenger after a recommendation, and it's suppose to be fantastic.

Apparently it's getting made into a film soon, and his second book also, so have to get reading.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 12:06 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by MildPossession
This David Mitchell sounds interesting, looked his books up. So recommend a starter Floo.

Also need to read Foer's second book, enjoyed Everything Is Illuminated a lot. There was a stage play made from the book, wonder how that turned out...

Currently reading The Contortionist's Handbook by Craig Clevenger after a recommendation, and it's suppose to be fantastic.

Apparently it's getting made into a film soon, and his second book also, so have to get reading.

Mild, David Mitchell is a fantastic author, I'm sure you'll like him a lot. The characters in his stories over-lap and interlink, but he's not limited to this one trick. He writes great prose, and sustains interest.

I'd start with his first book, 'Ghostwritten'. I don't want to give too much away about it because I think it's best if you just experience it, but it introduces some of the themes he's interested in. This edition also has a beautifully evocative cover:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2006 02:34 AM