KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » What superhero would you love to see on Smallville

What superhero would you love to see on Smallville
Started by: complexbrother

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
complexbrother
The protector of logic

I would love to see Zatanna on the show.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 02:57 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yorel

I would love to see Kyle Rayner before he became the Green Lantern! That would be sweet!

But Why can't we have Batman? Who says that Clark and Bruce have to be the same age? The Comics? So far Smallvilles done a fine job of setting it's self aprt from the comics.

Maby we could see Lois or Chloe drag Clark to the circus, and we get to see Dick Grayson preform.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 02:03 PM
Yorel is currently offline Click here to Send Yorel a Private Message Find more posts by Yorel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I like the idea of dragging Clark to the circus to see the flying graysons perform, that would be amazing.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 04:26 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yorel
I would love to see Kyle Rayner before he became the Green Lantern! That would be sweet!

But Why can't we have Batman? Who says that Clark and Bruce have to be the same age? The Comics? So far Smallvilles done a fine job of setting it's self aprt from the comics.

Maby we could see Lois or Chloe drag Clark to the circus, and we get to see Dick Grayson preform.

DC says so. The producers can't get the rights to do an episode with either Batman or Wonder Woman, seeing as how there are movies about them in production.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 06:11 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yorel

Why can't we have Batman or Wonder Women? Because Batmans movie was just relised, and their starting to make the sequel? Why no Wonder Women? Because they are just starting to write the first draft (Thats probly be all they'll need as Joss Whedon is writing it) and thus far has no release date? Well then why can't we have their non Superhero persona's, Bruce Wayne and Princess Diana of Themyscira? Because their apart of the character?

So then howed they get the rights to put Clack Kent in Smallville, he's part of the Superman character, and there has been plans for another Superman movie since at least 1994! And plus were as most people will go and see the movie's in the cinema, only the fans of the Superheros will watch the series, and the fans normaly undertand that the series, the movies, and the comics are all seprate from each other.

But that still doesn't mean we can't have the little Dick (Ha Ha) Grayson appear.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 01:33 PM
Yorel is currently offline Click here to Send Yorel a Private Message Find more posts by Yorel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Why can't we have Batman or Wonder Women? Because Batmans movie was just relised, and their starting to make the sequel? Why no Wonder Women? Because they are just starting to write the first draft (Thats probly be all they'll need as Joss Whedon is writing it) and thus far has no release date? Well then why can't we have their non Superhero persona's, Bruce Wayne and Princess Diana of Themyscira? Because their apart of the character?

Exactly. DC is not giving up the rights to the Smallville producers because other studios already have control over them. Neither Batman/Bruce Wayne or Wonder Woman/Diana Prince will make appearances in Smallville, because it would be a breach of DCs agreement with said studios.

Dick Grayson/Robin is in the same boat as Batman, so that's probably a no-go as well.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 04:36 PM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Woah, why's Kal banned?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Yeah, what'd he do?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 01:40 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Oh... I think it was the "suprise sex" line in the "If you were Clark..." forums. He did apologize for it though, unlike the other chauvanist pigs talking about "super****ing" and "superdick"...

Ah well. Here's hoping for a speedy return!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 01:53 AM
Yorel

Originally posted by Dan-El
Dick Grayson/Robin is in the same boat as Batman, so that's probably a no-go as well.

Why, the Batman produces have already said that they won't put Robin in the movie in any form, and if they got a bug up their ass over putting little Dick (Ha ha ha...) Grayson in, it can be argued that he's a Nightwing character, or a Teen Titans character.

But I think I know how they can put Bruce Wayne into Smallville! Have Clark go to see Lex in Metropolas, and as he walks through the doors to Lex's office a young man in a suit, slightly older looking then Clark pass, and says hi. Clark walks up to Lex and says "Who was that?" Lex says "Just a business associate..." and it's left as that. In the credits the guy is named as Lex's Business associate. But then the produces say that it was Bruce wayne!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 01:53 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Why, the Batman produces have already said that they won't put Robin in the movie in any form, and if they got a bug up their ass over putting little Dick (Ha ha ha...) Grayson in, it can be argued that he's a Nightwing character, or a Teen Titans character.

But I think I know how they can put Bruce Wayne into Smallville! Have Clark go to see Lex in Metropolas, and as he walks through the doors to Lex's office a young man in a suit, slightly older looking then Clark pass, and says hi. Clark walks up to Lex and says "Who was that?" Lex says "Just a business associate..." and it's left as that. In the credits the guy is named as Lex's Business associate. But then the produces say that it was Bruce wayne!

The producers still can't say that it's Bruce Wayne because it would still be breaking the agreement. Plus, how would we know that it's Bruce anyway? Would he have a little bat pin on his shirt? Please...

And back to Robin. Even though they're not putting Robin in the next movie (or any others, to my recollection), the studio still has control over that. They have every right to change their mind. And let's think about the chronology here: Batman and Superman are roughly the same age, and Dick Grayson was about, let's say, 15 or 16 years younger than Batman. Therefore, if Clark's 19, Bruce is 19; and if Bruce is nineteen, Dick is about 3 or 4 years old, which is entirely too young to be a trapeeze artist.

And please, don't say that Bruce being older than Clark wouldn't matter, because it does. Half the reason that Batman and Superman's relationship is worth reading comics about and seeing in the cartoons is because they are peers who believe in justice, but don't see eye to eye on how to achieve it.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 02:01 AM
Yorel

The producers still can't say that it's Bruce Wayne because it would still be breaking the agreement. Plus, how would we know that it's Bruce anyway? Would he have a little bat pin on his shirt? Please...

And back to Robin. Even though they're not putting Robin in the next movie (or any others, to my recollection), the studio still has control over that. They have every right to change their mind. And let's think about the chronology here: Batman and Superman are roughly the same age, and Dick Grayson was about, let's say, 15 or 16 years younger than Batman. Therefore, if Clark's 19, Bruce is 19; and if Bruce is nineteen, Dick is about 3 or 4 years old, which is entirely too young to be a trapeeze artist.

And please, don't say that Bruce being older than Clark wouldn't matter, because it does. Half the reason that Batman and Superman's relationship is worth reading comics about and seeing in the cartoons is because they are peers who believe in justice, but don't see eye to eye on how to achieve it.

Where does it say they have to be the same age? The comics? Because they've already established that they arn't paying attention to the detail of the comics.

Peers are not people that are the same age as you, they are around the same age, eg; Lex and Clark are Peers, Clarks 19 and Lex is what 25? And they don't have to be the same age to not see eye-to-eye on things such as Justice.

Last edited by Yorel on Dec 14th, 2006 at 10:05 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:01 AM
Bardock42

Oh... I think it was the "suprise sex" line in the "If you were Clark..." forums. He did apologize for it though, unlike the other chauvanist pigs talking about "super****ing" and "superdick"...

Ah well. Here's hoping for a speedy return!

Oh, seems unlikely

"Auto-Note (Yesterday 03:42 PM)User banned by lil bitchiness, permanently

Reason: Perm ban for offencive and obscene posts."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 12:29 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, seems unlikely

"Auto-Note (Yesterday 03:42 PM)User banned by lil bitchiness, permanently

Reason: Perm ban for offencive and obscene posts."

Total bull. Bring Kal back!

Last edited by Dan-El on Dec 15th, 2006 at 03:15 AM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 03:01 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

Where does it say they have to be the same age? The comics? Because they've already established that they arn't paying attention to the detail of the comics.

Peers are not people that are the same age as you, they are around the same age, eg; Lex and Clark are Peers, Clarks 19 and Lex is what 25? And they don't have to be the same age to not see eye-to-eye on things such as Justice.

"peer1 /pɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[peer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
2. a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status." - dictionary.com

Last time I checked, "equal in age" meant... well, equal ages. Lex and Clark are peers not for their age, but maybe their abilities, as they are both powerful men. Maybe background, since they are both men ruled by the legacies of their fathers, but not age.

Now think about this: Batman and Superman's relationship is that reminscient of a buddy flick (i.e., 48 Hours or Red Heat), in that they are two friends that want to get the job done, but don't see eye to eye on how to do it. But still, there's a friendship. They see each other as equals.

However, if Bruce was older, how do you think this would affect the dynamic? Bruce, to Clark, would seem to be just some old businessman. Nothing special. If Bruce was Batman at the time, the relationship would be a twisted even more out of shape!

Clark is an orphan from a dead planet, his foster father who he has known and looked up to all his life is dead, so there is no male role-model in his life. Clark would look up to Bruce, if there were a friendship, for guidance. There wouldn't really be much of the same-age friend dynamic.

On the other side, there's Bruce, who only reinforces this idea. Bruce has a soft spot for orphans, seeing as how he is one. Determined not to make anyone experience his pain, Bruce becomes a wannabe-dad to several orphaned young men (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake). How do you think that an older Bruce (say... 27?) would treat a younger Clark? Like he did any of the Robins: like a dad.

This pseudo father-son relationship would certainly spoil the image of the World's Finest heroes teaming up. Bruce and Clark must be the same age, or else it just wouldn't work.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 03:14 AM
Yorel

"peer1 /pɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[peer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
2. a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status." - dictionary.com

They can also be called peers due tot their qualifications (their both their city's best Superhero.), background (As you said their both Orphans), and possibley social status (due to them both being at the top of the superhero ladder in their respective citys)

[BOn the other side, there's Bruce, who only reinforces this idea. Bruce has a soft spot for orphans, seeing as how he is one. Determined not to make anyone experience his pain, Bruce becomes a wannabe-dad to several orphaned young men (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake). How do you think that an older Bruce (say... 27?) would treat a younger Clark? Like he did any of the Robins: like a dad.[/B]

If you only made Bruce say, 3 or 4 years older then Clark (That would make him about 22-23) then he wouldn't be a father figher to Clark, maby a big brother who Clark has some miner disagrments with.

I can buy the idea of Bruce (if he was 10 years or so older then Clark) acting like a father figher towards Clark (But I dout that he would try protecting him, can you just imagen it? "Clark they maby all be armed with guns, bombs, and maby some nukes! It's to dangerus you! You stay here!") but I can't by the Idea of Clark thinking of him as a father! I mean if Clark would think that way about an older Bruce, then why hasn't he thought that way about Oliver Queen? Queens older then Clark, and he was (if my memory isn't stuffing me around) the one who told Clark that he should help people and become a hero.

After mentioning brother though I have just had a great Idea for who the next Superhero to apper in Smallville should be! It should be Lar Gand, better know as Mon-El! I've heard the producers say that they would love to have Dean Cain on as a quest star and I think this may be the perfect chance.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 06:05 AM
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

They can also be called peers due tot their qualifications (their both their city's best Superhero.), background (As you said their both Orphans), and possibley social status (due to them both being at the top of the superhero ladder in their respective citys)

If you only made Bruce say, 3 or 4 years older then Clark (That would make him about 22-23) then he wouldn't be a father figher to Clark, maby a big brother who Clark has some miner disagrments with.

I can buy the idea of Bruce (if he was 10 years or so older then Clark) acting like a father figher towards Clark (But I dout that he would try protecting him, can you just imagen it? "Clark they maby all be armed with guns, bombs, and maby some nukes! It's to dangerus you! You stay here!") but I can't by the Idea of Clark thinking of him as a father! I mean if Clark would think that way about an older Bruce, then why hasn't he thought that way about Oliver Queen? Queens older then Clark, and he was (if my memory isn't stuffing me around) the one who told Clark that he should help people and become a hero.

After mentioning brother though I have just had a great Idea for who the next Superhero to apper in Smallville should be! It should be Lar Gand, better know as Mon-El! I've heard the producers say that they would love to have Dean Cain on as a quest star and I think this may be the perfect chance.

Mon-El might be good. Maybe two other characters from the legion as well? Or, perhaps, some more guest appearances from Cadmus Labs (they were mentioned heavily in season 1), so we can get some hints toward Kon-El, aka Conner Kent, aka Superboy? I, for one, miss the Superboy character.

And on the Batman thing, I think we should just agree to disagree, lol.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 02:22 PM
Yorel

And on the Batman thing, I think we should just agree to disagree, lol.

Now theres something that you've said that I can Agree with.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 01:41 PM
Mr Parker

Batman and wonder woman would be awesome.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 08:13 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kon-El

As far as i'm concerned i would like to see entire Justice League or any superhero that has something to do with that crew

Attachment: justice leage crew.jpg
This has been downloaded 103 time(s).

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 10:52 PM
Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote