KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » which characters have the stupidest/ugliest costume?

which characters have the stupidest/ugliest costume?
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Priest

Ironman earileer costumes.
Plastic Man's is just funny.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 12:10 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)

The only problem there is that Spider-Man has made an idiot of Electro more times than most can count, and Mark Millar was just trying to make him cooler by downplaying Spider-Man. Millar screwed Spidey for a lot of people. Hudlin just made it worse. sick

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 12:13 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Re: which characters have the stupidest/ugliest costume?

Originally posted by masterbruce
for me right now, it's Sentry

that big S beltbuckel looks ridiculous

sentry's costume is bad ass.
http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0205sr.jpg

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 12:15 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thedude1948

Wonderman's original red leisure suit not really that big of a deal at the time, but the fact that it is being brought back in Mighty Avengers is completely stupid.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 01:00 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S-Ranger

Doctor Strange looks like he forgot to return his hired halloween costume. Still a badass mofo though.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:28 AM
S-Ranger is currently offline Click here to Send S-Ranger a Private Message Find more posts by S-Ranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
The only problem there is that Spider-Man has made an idiot of Electro more times than most can count

The same can be said of 99% of any heroes rogues gallery. erm

doesn't mean there not capable of bad ass things

Mark Millar was just trying to make him cooler by downplaying Spider-Man.

how was he downplaying spider-man again? was it when he survived a giant multiple propane gas explosion that wrecked an entire floor with nothing but a torn costume to show for it or when survived a multiple story fall on top of a car?

Millar screwed Spidey for a lot of people.

you misspelled J. Michael Straczynski wink

sig by willRules

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 04:22 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Black Adam
The same can be said of 99% of any heroes rogues gallery. erm

doesn't mean there not capable of bad ass things

True enough, but Electro had already become obscure. That whole run of Marvel Knights Spider-Man was basically a horrible attempt at trying to give bad villains of the past a more threatening look, and it just annoyed a lot of people.

[Bhow was he downplaying spider-man again? was it when he survived a giant multiple propane gas explosion that wrecked an entire floor with nothing but a torn costume to show for it or when survived a multiple story fall on top of a car?

After his first encounter with Electro, Spidey hasn't had many problems with him. The fact that one issue he's dodging Electro's attacks like they're nothing, and in the next he's getting the crap knocked out of him doesn't speak well for his continuity.

you misspelled J. Michael Straczynski wink

Though I'm no fan of Straczynski, Millar had no idea what the hell he was doing with his run on MKSM. He just kinda threw stuff together and called it a comic. Hudlin didn't make it any better.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 04:37 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

Martian Manhunters used to be bad, but they gave him a new one recently that looks a lot better. Plastic Man's is ridiculous, but it suits his personality.

Galactus' costume isn't that great, and the Black Racer from the new gods is terrible. He's wearing a frickin knight's helmet and skis. wtf? It pains me to look at him it's so bad.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:24 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

True enough, but Electro had already become obscure.

not really. Slyde and Spot are obscure. Electro is a regular.

That whole run of Marvel Knights Spider-Man was basically a horrible attempt at trying to give bad villains of the past a more threatening look, and it just annoyed a lot of people.

trying to revamp old villains hardly ever annoys anyone. otherwise johns run on the flash wouldn't be so loved.

though i do admit it seemed to to turn to crap at the end.

After his first encounter with Electro, Spidey hasn't had many problems with him...

not rly

The fact that one issue he's dodging Electro's attacks like they're nothing, and in the next he's getting the crap knocked out of him doesn't speak well for his continuity..

Spidey gets hit with electro's attacks about as many time as he dodges.... 50/50 smile

Though I'm no fan of Straczynski, Millar had no idea what the hell he was doing with his run on MKSM. He just kinda threw stuff together and called it a comic. Hudlin didn't make it any better.

I like the whole trying to make the classic villains a threat and it would have been great if he just left it with Gargan being responsible for everything that was happening...then it turned into another Norman Osborn story which ended with some crap about the government being responsible for super villains sick

at least the art was constantly great. smile

still that's hardly nothing compared to what Joe and JMS have done to him.

anyway back on topic. Electro's mask is the only thing that looks horrible. Quicksilvers pure baby blue costume always seemed bad to me.
Galactus= Giant pink and purple armor. nuff said
The second trickster>>>>>>>the first tricksters costume.
Captain colds parka could use less white and yellow...
Spider-mans iron armor sick

sig by willRules

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:51 PM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seaapple
Undersea Baron

umm...
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:35 PM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by darthgoober
Galactus without a doubt.

Galactus makes pink and purple look badass cool

Or would you rather have the stupid Ult. Gal Ack Tus look, where he is just a bunch of little ships

However, I think he transforms into a giant mech or something cool like that big grin

The only problem there is that Spider-Man has made an idiot of Electro more times than most can count, and Mark Millar was just trying to make him cooler by downplaying Spider-Man. Millar screwed Spidey for a lot of people. Hudlin just made it worse. sick

Electro is badass no expression

I mean in his first appearance he pwned Spidey about 3 times until Spidey finally figured out to web his hands to beat him

I mean the guy has complete control of electricity, he just gets jobbed a lot

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 10:58 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: which characters have the stupidest/ugliest costume?

Ummm, I vote for Plastic Man's costume:

Yep I definatley vote for Plastic Man's costume...

no expression

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 11:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman's ripoff of Majestros' costume is bad. I didn't like a Symbitoe look after Venom until Toxin came out.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 11:15 PM
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

Re: Re: which characters have the stupidest/ugliest costume?

Originally posted by Galan007
Ummm, I vote for Plastic Man's costume:

Yep I definatley vote for Plastic Man's costume...

no expression

laughing out loud yeah not only does it look like a woman would wear it (she would be a super hero dominatrix)

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 11:15 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seaapple
Undersea Baron

At least Plastic Man wears pants, er, well tights. Robin is worse than John Stockton when it comes to the lower half.

Put Plastic Man's head on Robin's body and...I shudder to think.

Galactus isn't that bad, he's just old school and colorful. Kind of like a purple clad planet devouring Prince. The artist formerly known as Galan.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2006 11:23 PM
seaapple is currently offline Click here to Send seaapple a Private Message Find more posts by seaapple Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote