KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)

The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

so when reffering to the omniverse it is all multiverses of Marvel only? not DC or any other comics etc . . . ?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:21 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by invisiblewoman
so when reffering to the omniverse it is all multiverses of Marvel only? not DC or any other comics etc . . . ?
Well technically Marvel has its own Omniverse (infinite ammount of Multiverses)

and DC has........... whatever it has.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

okay . . . sorry to sound like a lost puppy butit is easy to get confused everyone says something different! or you hear one thing and then it changes laughing out loud however thanks for clearing that up!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:36 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Galan777
Well technically Marvel has its own Omniverse (infinite ammount of Multiverses)

and DC has........... whatever it has.

No the Omniverse is an infinity amount of universe's, if not, then post proof or GTFO

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:42 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
No the Omniverse is an infinity amount of universe's, if not, then post proof or GTFO
Who are you again?

Did you not see the scan speaking of an Omniverse within Marvel?

And explain the difference between an infinite ammount of universes, and an infinite ammount of multiverses, they seem like they add up to the same.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Who are you again?

Did you not see the scan speaking of an Omniverse within Marvel?

And explain the difference between an infinite ammount of universes, and an infinite ammount of multiverses, they seem like much the same to me....

There a switch for every universe in the omniverse ...
Can't you read?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:46 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There a switch for every universe in the omniverse ...
Can't you read?
the scan said, he could destroy every universe in the omniverse with the flip of a switch. Can you read? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e8tr6.jpg

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:48 PM
darthgoober

Ok, I'm going to straiten this whole thing out right now.

Let's say for a minute that the omniverse actually is EVERYTHING. Meaning all comic companies, all works of fiction, AND the "real" world we live in. Ok, check out this little thing I just wrote....

Once upon a time, there was this crazy wizard who hated everyone, so he decided to kill them all. He spent years gather magical energies and preparing one huge spell to take them all out. He then unleashed the spell and destroyed the ENTIRE omniverse(the ACTUAL omniverse to, the sum of EVERYTHING, all comics, fictions, and everything else).

THE END

Wow, we're still here. That's odd, cause we're supposedly apart of the same omniverse. And why haven't Marvel and DC shut down? I destroyed all their characters just now. Could it be because even though my omniverse was supposed to include EVERYTHING, it was actually separate from from the omniverse's present in comics, and the real world, even though the concept goes against the strict definition of the word omniverse?

Hmm... Interesting.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:51 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

the scan said, he could destroy every universe in the omniverse with the flip of a switch. Can you read? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e8tr6.jpg

I didn't quote exactly but eitherhow, the point was proven, for each universe.

´In all the omniverse there is not one universe that I can destroy at the touch of a switch.´
Read again ...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:53 PM
darthgoober

´In all the omniverse there is not one universe that I can destroy at the touch of a switch.´
Read again ...

So he could destroy DC if he wanted to? And DC would have to abide by that?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:55 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Read again ...
that was him personally saying that HE could destroy ANY universe in the omniverse.

Thats beside the point, Marvel has an omniverse and its either composed of an infinite ammount of multiverses or an infinite ammount of universes, but either way that adds up to the same thing.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 20th, 2006 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:56 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by darthgoober
Ok, I'm going to straiten this whole thing out right now.

Let's say for a minute that the omniverse actually is EVERYTHING. Meaning all comic companies, all works of fiction, AND the "real" world we live in. Ok, check out this little thing I just wrote....

Once upon a time, there was this crazy wizard who hated everyone, so he decided to kill them all. He spent years gather magical energies and preparing one huge spell to take them all out. He then unleashed the spell and destroyed the ENTIRE omniverse(the ACTUAL omniverse to, the sum of EVERYTHING, all comics, fictions, and everything else).

THE END

Wow, we're still here. That's odd, cause we're supposedly apart of the same omniverse. And why haven't Marvel and DC shut down? I destroyed all their characters just now. Could it be because even though my omniverse was supposed to include EVERYTHING, it was actually separate from from the omniverse's present in comics, and the real world, even though the concept goes against the strict definition of the word omniverse?

Hmm... Interesting.

They pre-retconned the event.
They said the brother's were the two most powerful being that could ever potential exist throughout the omniverse.
It's like saying, Pre-retcon Amalgam Bros could take down:
MoM, PR Beyonder, GEB and a lot of more God over comic's/fiction's ect. Like nothing at all.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 06:57 PM
darthgoober

They pre-retconned the event.
They said the brother's were the two most powerful being that could ever potential exist throughout the omniverse.
It's like saying, Pre-retcon Amalgam Bros could take down:
MoM, PR Beyonder, GEB and a lot of more God over comic's/fiction's ect. Like nothing at all.

Yes but if EVERYTHING is a part of the same omniverse, then my destroying the omniverse(cannon to me), should have taken effect. The only possible explanation is that despite what I put down, the omniverse I was talking about was separate from everything else. It would be separate because I have NO jurisdiction over the event. Hence, they have their OWN omniverse which is untouchable by anyone but themselves.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:01 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

that was him personally saying that HE could destroy ANY universe in the omniverse.

Thats beside the point, Marvel has an omniverse and its either composed of an infinite ammount of multiverses or an infinite ammount of universes, but either way that adds up to the same thing.

(please log in to view the image)
He would have to turn a lot of switches down to equal infinity, don'tu think?
The omniverse now seems to be like te old beyond realm, it's in that place Roma and Merlyn hangs out.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He would have to turn a lot of switches down to equal infinity, don'tu think?
The omniverse now seems to be like te old beyond realm, it's in that place Roma and Merlyn hangs out.
OK, he didnt say he was going to destroy the omniverse, he said that he could destroy any universe within the omniverse that he wanted to.

Read the scan carefully

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:03 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Yes but if EVERYTHING is a part of the same omniverse, then my destroying the omniverse(cannon to me), should have taken effect. The only possible explanation is that despite what I put down, the omniverse I was talking about was separate from everything else. It would be separate because I have NO jurisdiction over the event. Hence, they have their OWN omniverse which is untouchable by anyone but themselves.

Marvel would be sued down to hell if they even said that it contained an other fiction's comic.
That's one of the reasons why DC v M was retconed.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:03 PM
darthgoober

Marvel would be sued down to hell if they even said that it contained an other fiction's comic.
That's one of the reasons why DC v M was retconed.

So that means that it's omniverse is seperate from the others.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:07 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So that means that it's omniverse is seperate from the others.

Yes ...
Marvel and DC don't have the right to say thet their supreme beings are more 'supreme' than anyone elses. - At least not canon-wise.
So they had to retcon it.

But now the Omniverse seems to be a realm, from where you can control all the universes in Marvel.
Like with Merlyn and captain Britain.
Jim Jasper's where a threat to the Omniverse, he was actually a threat to just that realm.
It was said that the wielder of Excalibur could rewrite cosmos. Not the omniverse as some say.
And the chaos wave could reach that realm.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:35 PM
darthgoober

Yes ...
Marvel and DC don't have the right to say thet their supreme beings are more 'supreme' than anyone elses. - At least not canon-wise.
So they had to retcon it.

But now the Omniverse seems to be a realm, from where you can control all the universes in Marvel.
Like with Merlyn and captain Britain.
Jim Jasper's where a threat to the Omniverse, he was actually a threat to just that realm.
It was said that the wielder of Excalibur could rewrite cosmos. Not the omniverse as some say.
And the chaos wave could reach that realm.

Well my whole point all along has been that Marvel and DC have separate omniverse's independent of each other(meaning that they can't be lumped into a single omniverse that contains all comics). So cool.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:44 PM
Mr Master

Ok ok, let me just stop the madness.

This thread while honorable in it's attempt is causing mass confusion.

Marvel has it's own Omni-verse, period.

DC, as far as I know, has NEVER mentioned the word Omni-verse.

In Marvel, the Omni-verse is an Infinite amount of Multi-verses, or ALL the Multi-verses in Marvel, period.

You'll have to READ this completely if you wish to understand.

The Omniversal Architecture

When Warlock first exited the Multi-verse, he entered a place called the Cosmic Vortex.

In it, an INFINITE number of MULTI-VERSES are spiralling upward, while below lies Oblivion, (the ultimate Abstract in terms of everlasting), swallowing Multi-verses that collapse, are nullified, have a weakened Anchor (like Atleza) ect...

These are MULTI-VERSES!

When I realized that Thanos DID in fact, Absorb MORE than just a UNIVERSE, that he actually absorbed ALL he could (which is the MULTI-VERSE)

He absorbs Eternity and Infinity and there is still Space and star stuff behind

This is not a designed attack, he's saying it himself "it's Out of Control"

Like a raging drunk, who's not selective in a brawl, anything in the way goes, and with that KIND of Power, that means everything goes. (like it did)

Here it continues,

"For IF this BAND (LT, Eternity/Infinity) Could Defy Me...might not OTHERS* be equally Foolish?"
"Could I ALLOW ANY to question my divine Authority?"

"NO....So I CONTINUED to Absorb ALL that MIGHT Threaten my Reign...Until....

See...He's absorbing MORE SPACE now, where is this SPACE coming from if he already absorbed ALL of Space and Time?

I'll answer that,

It has to be coming from the Multi-verse, there is no other way to look at it.
*(That's WHO these OTHERS are that MIGHT be equally foolish, the rest of Space, in other words, the MULTI-VERSE)

WHO else COULD question his authority, except anyone left in the MULTI-VERSE.

CAN'T be the Universe, he just ABSORBED the Universe (Eternity/Infinity remember)

Now your saying to yourself, fine, that conclusively despicts Thanos absorbing the Multi-verse.

But Mr M showed scans of the Cosmic Vortex, where an INFINITE number of Multi-verses are,

How could Thanos have absorbed ALL he could, when he ONLY absorbed ONE Multi-verse?

Now we go back to the OMNIVERSAL structure:

The OMNI-VERSE and the rest of the Multi-verses rest with in the Cosmic Vortex.

See those little Purple Balls, thats where Atleza is (the Cosmic Anchor of the "616" Multi-verse)...

and every little Purple Ball is the Domain of an Anchor of a Multi-verse ...

Each Domain is Outside the Multiverse...Untouched by Space or Time....

The much bigger Blue Balls represent EACH a Multi-verse, and the SUM of the Blue Balls is the Omni-verse.

Anything Outside the Blue Balls is Untouched by Space & Time,
which Multi-Eternity/Infinity encompass.

See how the Blue Balls (Multi-verses) are separate from each other, and how the little Purple Balls (the Anchor's domain) are separated from the Blue Balls.

This is why Atleza, Gamora and Warlock were untouched, they were there, in A little Purple Ball, (the Anchors domain, Outside it's respective Multi-verse)

This why Thanos could not absorb more, he absorbed everything within that Blue Ball (a Multi-verse) and evidently, he could not reach any furthur

"Nothing Remained"

Remember he was "Out of Control"

He kept on absorbing till there was nothing left for him to absorb (literally), HAD he been able to absorb everything Outside his Multi-verse, it would have been no problem with TOAA's power,

But Thanos was NOT able to do it, meaning that's as FAR as TOAA permitted his power to be used, absorption of a Multi-verse and Remaking that same Multi-verse, even though being the most powerful being in the Omni-verse.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:57 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote