KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)

The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Master

Simply put,

the Omni-verse is all the Multi-verses in Marvel, nothing more.

The Living Tribunal is the Judge of ALL the Multi-verses:

(please log in to view the image)

Marvel has an Omni-verse (an Infinite number of Multi-verses)

This is how it looks from the INSIDE:

The OMNI-VERSE

And

This is how it looks from the OUTSIDE:

And

Every Multi-verse is Infinite and every Universe within every Multi-verse is Infinite aswell:

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:58 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

History of the VERSUS

None of what you said was FACT, except for that Eternity started out as a single Universe,

but that was WAYYYYYYYY back in the day, (1967 is the first time we see the Universe in full, it was just an Infinite number of GALAXIES then)

before Marvel expanded it's Universe into a Multi-verse in 1976, with the first issue of What If,

Then in 1983 the Omni-verse is mentioned for the first time (this is a remake of the original issue, same art, just with Color, original was Black & White)

At first the Omni-verse was exclusively used in Captain Britain associated titles only (though these were published by Marvel), years later it transitioned into the mainstream Marvel Reality.

And that's the History of the VERSES in Marvel,

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:59 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

The Omniversal Tribune can Erase any Universe they want.

"Destroy an ENTIRE Universe, are you people insane"?

"an ENTIRE Universe OBLITERATED in an Instant"

"In ALL the OMNI-VERSE there is NOT ONE Universe that I cannot DESTROY at the Touch of a Switch"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:02 PM
Mr Master

Someone tried to dispute what I, and I alone said,

that Captain Britain or Excalibur and th Amulet of Right more specifically can RE-WRITE the Omni-verse:

Captain Britain acquires the Sword of Might (Excalibur)

Roma says, "to wield Excalibur is to Hold the HAND of GOD itself"

Excalibur, One of Two Talismen of Power, the other being the Amulet of Right, TOGETHER, their Power could sunder the Omni-verse

Or Re-Write the Cosmos

Is this hyperbole?

Well let's see the ON PANEL EVIDENCE shall we.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:04 PM
Mr Master

This is MERLIN, with the SWROD of MIGHT (Excalibur) ONLY.

Merlin with the Sword of Might (Excalibur) plays a Game of Chess with the MULTI-VERSE

Merlin and Roma begin a game of Chess and Multi-verse 616 is their Chess Board.

Notice there are many Chess Boards floating around them, EACH Board representing a Multi-verse

As Merlin and Roma moved their Chess Pieces, Reality is Altered accordingly
Even Mad Jim Jaspers, (the Omniversal threat) is just One of their Game Pieces

The Game continues
Merlin realizes he underestimated the determination of the Fury (a creature created by Jaspers 238)

Merlin says, "I've missed something, I, of all people"
Roma responds, "No one is infallible Father, sometimes I think a strong wind will blow you over"
Merlin replies, "Ah yes, but I MAKE the WINDS"

Roma says, "and that Father, did you make that"?
That's the Fury.

As the Fury is about to kill Linda Mcquillan (Captain UK) in Multi-verse 616.
Merlin protects her, by covering the Chess piece with his hands

As you can see, his hands get burned by the Fury (a creature that killed every Super hero in the 238 Universe within TWO Hours)
The Fury is in disbelief that Linda survived

Roma begins to have a vision, Jaspers was not supposed to be part of this Game she thinks, but Merlin set it up like that (later we learn he's training her for her future position as Omniversal Guardian), and if a Multi-verse has to DIE in order to prepare her properly, so be it.
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
"But if this Game is Lost, I see a Universe eaten alive by Chaos, and ANOTHER Universe, and ANOTHER, like Dominos, Tumbling...I see the Future"

continues in the next post...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:06 PM
Mr Master

Continues...

"And it is Cancelled"

Continues in the next post...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:07 PM
Mr Master

continues...

Roma wants to stop the Game, "with So much at stake (the 616 Multi-verse) your Play is erratic" she tells Merlin.
Merlin could care less though, her training is more important than ONE Multi-verse, when there's an Infinite number of Multi-verses to Protect.

Merlin gets angry at Roma for wanting to stop the Game
but Roma doesn't understand Merlin's motives completely yet

And so the Game proceeds

Merlin here begins to focus on Captain Britain, for he too is in this dangerous training and doesn't even know it.

Merlin says, "I stretched your sanity to the breaking point to prepare you for a Universe (238) Reduced to Idiocy" the Omniversal Tribune Erased 238.
Merlin says about Cap. Britain, "I sent you to a lesser menace (Jaspers 238) and you were Killed"

"Merlin says, "You cannot fail, this version of Japers is too powerful, too dangerous"
They had to destroy the entire 238 Universe in order to kill 238 Jaspers, but 616 Jaspers is "NOT so easily contained, and if he's not stopped, the OMNI-VERSE will fall into Chaos, and a NEW GOD shall play dice with Matter"

Mad Jim jaspers in a Universe he CREATED

And he's JUST a PIECE in Merlin's Chess Board, LOL...

continues in the next post...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:07 PM
Mr Master

continues...

Here in PLAIN ENGLISH:

Roma says, "The Game's disintegrating, but the MULTI-VERSE DEPENDS upon the GAME"
Roma thinks they've lost the 616 Multi-verse, but actually Merlin knew Jaspers would lose to the Fury, so he fakes his death and allows Roma to finish the rest.

Roma says, "It's over, the Pieces must be gathered up" (Captain Britain, Saturnyne and Captain UK)
Again, what happens on Merlin and Roma's Chess board, happens in Reality.

It is quite possible that Roma was manipulating the CHAOS WAVE all along, just to see how the heroes would remedy the situation.

Heck, Merlin was a born trickster, and he loved the drama, just witness how he manipulated the whole JASPER'S event, and ol' JIM was an Omni-versal threat.

I guess it doesn't matter when you can RE-WRITE ALL of Marvel in the end.

"Merlin taught you that REALITY is a Grand Game of Chess"

EVEN during the HOM, Captain Britain wasn't sure if Roma was behind it all, given the history of her Father and Mentor:

"Is this YOUR doing Roma, are you PLAYING Another of your wretched GAMES"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:12 PM
Mr Master

Continues..

And NEVER doubt that Jim Jaspers WAS an OMNIVERSAL THREAT:

Roma says, "the terror that threatened the Omni-verse is destroyed"
Roma gives Captain Britain, Captain UK and Saturnyne the credit

AND

When Merlin retires his title, it's Roma that takes over:

Now that Merlin is supposedly dead, Roma becomes the Omni-versal Guardian

"My hand guides the Omni-verse Now, Unlike my Father, I have no desire to shape the destiny of men"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:14 PM
Kovacs86

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
I hate to be the one to point this out, but DC and Marvel don't share an omniverse. I know it doesn't really make sense because the omniverse is supposed to be EVERYTHING, but the companies are completely separate in and of themselves. Otherwise, the Chaos Wave(which was stated to be an omniversal threat) would have been a threat to DC also. Think about it, if the companies shared an omniverse, that would mean that the Chaos Wave(which was an omniversal threat) would have been beyond the power of TOAA to stop. Think of it like this, if Marvel had decided to shut down and close the company, and their method of doing this was to leave the Chaos Wave unchecked and have it destroy the entire omniverse on-panel, would that mean that DC would have to shut down too since all of their characters were destroyed?

By the same token, since Pre Recton Beyonder was stated to be everything outside of Marvel's multiverse, that would mean that he was composed of everything in DC also(including the Source). So for events like The Secret Wars & Secret Wars 2, DC shouldn't have been able to produce any of their own books, because all of the beings in DC were messing around in Marvel.

So the companies each have their own omniverse, independent of one each other, until they acknowledge that they will abide by the others decisions regardin the omniverse.

Ummm... riiiight.. which of course explains why JLA/ Avengers is now canon!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:22 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Doc Potato
Ummm... riiiight.. which of course explains why JLA/ Avengers is now canon!

It's never explained as to WHY that was able to take place. I guess it was an omniversal crossover.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 08:36 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Here we go

ok.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 09:18 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Omniversal Map, Outer Space

Hey everybody. Thanks for the feedback.

I am sorry for not instantly agreeing with all the opinions. I am trying to make sure we put tgether something concrete.

For right now, I need to know a few things:

1. If DC is a stand alone Universe, or if they are a part of a Multiverse.

2. If there have been any storylines that involve the Omniverse in either DC or Marvel Multiverse comics. If they have both established and effected the Omniverse, we may have to create an Omniverse for each comic Multiverse. Otherwise, they can exists in the same one for now. (See the Map I attached)

3. Also, even though characters have claimed to have power over the Omniverse, or the term "Omniverse" has been used in comics, for the sake of this thread, I am debating on using anything unless there are feats associated with it. Lots of statements have been made in comments, either incorrectly, writer error, or out of undue arrogance.

I have attached an Omniversal Map that we can use temporarily, in case there are changes for us to make. This map contains the Omniverse, and focuses on Outer Space for now.
Universe
Multiverse
Omniverse

Next, I will throw something together that shows the nature of Inner Space. Only for the Universe, Marvel 616 right now, until we get more information on DC.
It will show Pocket Dimensions, Mystic Realms, "Microverses" and other Inner Space dwellings.
Alternate Timelines will be tackled in the future.
Tell me what you guys think.

Attachment: omniversal map.jpg
This has been downloaded 103 time(s).

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 09:21 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

those cap brit scans are cool, mm. wink

marvel certainly DOES have an omniverse, but the term is confusing BECAUSE it's meant different things.

if you look at each company as wholes, i guess each would be an omniverse (even though it's not been mentioned in dc, i use the term as an umbrella). initially i think each was supposed to be a megaverse, with the omniverse connecting the 2 and any other comic group.

and trying to include the 'real' world in with any comic world, regardless of size, is . . . What the f**k?

2 problems that have been brought up are: the canonical jla/avengers xover, and the apparent retcon of the amalgam brothers. the scan below certainly shows lt (and presumably spectre) working together and BOTH being above the brothers whom it seems were set by lt and spectre to create the marvel and dc universes that we currently know.

holy continuity confusion, batman!! wacko

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 09:34 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

whats that scan from?

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 20th, 2006 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 09:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

The amalgam brother's retcon ...

My visit with Vorador only strengthened my resolve. His power uncontested by mortals, he had fallen to another enemy. Decadence has claimed itself many a great warrior.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:28 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

DC v.s. Marvel #1 correct?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

mr master, none of those scans indicate multiple multiverses within marvel. which leads me to believe omniverse is cap britain only...has it actually been mentioned outside of excalibur titles?

as far as i know, multiverse is still the sum of marvel.

and regardless of what crusty old cap britain characters say, omniverse would be marvel, dc, image, dark horse, as well as every fiction (film, television, literature, or otherwise) and the real world.

omni.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:32 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by manorastroman
mr master, none of those scans indicate multiple multiverses within marvel. which leads me to believe omniverse is cap britain only...has it actually been mentioned outside of excalibur titles?

as far as i know, multiverse is still the sum of marvel.

and regardless of what crusty old cap britain characters say, omniverse would be marvel, dc, image, dark horse, as well as every fiction (film, television, literature, or otherwise) and the real world.

omni.

Originally posted by darthgoober
Ok, I'm going to straiten this whole thing out right now.

Let's say for a minute that the omniverse actually is EVERYTHING. Meaning all comic companies, all works of fiction, AND the "real" world we live in. Ok, check out this little thing I just wrote....

Once upon a time, there was this crazy wizard who hated everyone, so he decided to kill them all. He spent years gather magical energies and preparing one huge spell to take them all out. He then unleashed the spell and destroyed the ENTIRE omniverse(the ACTUAL omniverse to, the sum of EVERYTHING, all comics, fictions, and everything else).

THE END

Wow, we're still here. That's odd, cause we're supposedly apart of the same omniverse. And why haven't Marvel and DC shut down? I destroyed all their characters just now. Could it be because even though my omniverse was supposed to include EVERYTHING, it was actually separate from from the omniverse's present in comics, and the real world, even though the concept goes against the strict definition of the word omniverse?

Hmm... Interesting.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:34 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

actually it's not interesting at all.

if we are to assume potential interaction on an omniversal level, then what you just wrote has probably been cancelled out a million times by some fellow who wrote "and then god declared there would be no wizard to end existance." on a lark fifty years ago.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:36 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote