KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)

The Omniverse, (the structure of all Comic Universes)
Started by: Horrificus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan777
DC v.s. Marvel #1 correct?

No they were retconned later ...
In the 1st the Living Tribunal and [full powered] Spectre's powers was beneth their notecing.
Blue and Red fight, causing the Omniverse (Not only DC and Marvel, but all fictional universes and even our own reality roll eyes (sarcastic) ) to be destroyed and recreated frequently,

´Each blink of an eye the entire omniverse was eradicated and restored, I have lost the desire to live, I, as with all the beings in the omniverse are just a part of them. Every thought I think, every decision I make is actually their's.´
- <A black-haired dude from DC I don't really recognize>

Their retcon was a shame though. sad

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:39 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Time Master

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
No they were retconned later ...
In the 1st the Living Tribunal and [full powered] Spectre's powers was beneth their notecing.
Blue and Red fight, causing the Omniverse (Not only DC and Marvel, but all fictional universes and even our own reality roll eyes (sarcastic) ) to be destroyed and recreated frequently,

´Each blink of an eye the entire omniverse was eradicated and restored, I have lost the desire to live, I, as with all the beings in the omniverse are just a part of them. Every thought I think, every decision I make is actually their's.´
- <A black-haired dude from DC I don't really recognize>

Their retcon was a shame though. sad
But the Amalgam bros. were featured in DC/Marvel #1 right?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

1, 2, 3 and 4.

They stand for the prime feats of all fictions ever created combinded.
Omniverse wasent just Marvel and DC when the series begun.

Here's the bio.
quote:
Omniverse
The Omniverse is the collection of every single universe, multiverse, dimension (alternate or pocket) and realm mention in not only Marvel Comics but also encompassing DC Comics, Image, Dark Horse, Archie, Bongo Comics, and every universe ever mentioned or seen, including our own world. Everything is in the Omniverse, and there is only one Omniverse.

Omni is the Latin word for "all."
The term was coined by Mark Gruenwald in his fan publication, A Treatise in Reality in Comics Literature[2], and was also the name of the fanzine that he published for two issues before being hired by DC and Marvel

If this wasent retconed ... Just imagion ...

Last edited by Astner on Nov 20th, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:47 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Time Master

1, 2, 3 and 4.
Cool!

-thanks wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

Cool!

-thanks wink

Edited the replay ...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:51 PM
Mr Master

Originally posted by manorastroman
mr master, none of those scans indicate multiple multiverses within marvel.

I remember you,

I've debated with you before,

your not the type I expect to understand the clear and conclusive evidence.

which leads me to believe omniverse is cap britain only...has it actually been mentioned outside of excalibur titles?

Yes it has.

X-Men:

Opal Luna Saturnyne, became the OMNIVERSAL Guardian for a short time.

(please log in to view the image)

Fantastic Four:

Nebula disguised as Susan Richards, takes the Ultimate Nullifier and proclaims rulership over the OMNI-VERSE

as far as i know, multiverse is still the sum of marvel.

yes,

we just noticed how much you know.

and regardless of what crusty old cap britain characters say, omniverse would be marvel, dc, image, dark horse, as well as every fiction (film, television, literature, or otherwise) and the real world.

Dude,

stick to hating, and leave the debating to us.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 10:54 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

actually it's not interesting at all.

if we are to assume potential interaction on an omniversal level, then what you just wrote has probably been cancelled out a million times by some fellow who wrote "and then god declared there would be no wizard to end existance." on a lark fifty years ago.

It doesn't matter. What I wrote CAN'T be cancelled out, because I put down that the omniverse was destroyed successfully. So the only possible explanation is that the omniverse in my story is seperate from any other omniverse in existence.

What we're talking about isn't really that big of a stretch. I mean, we're talking about comic books! Most things that happen in comics are impossible, but they still apply in the comics. So what's the big deal about having more than 1 omniverse, when it's concerning two seperate companies?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:00 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

thanks for the saturnyne scan, that's all i wanted to know.

except for in the nebula scan, that works against your argument. you know damn well the ultimate nullifier wasn't omniversal, at least not in any conventional definition of omniversal. it's arguable that it was even multiversal, or if it was just multi-universal.

and none of those scans are conclusive. just so you know, conclusive would mean no room for interpretation.

the big deal is the word "omni".

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:01 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by darthgoober
It doesn't matter. What I wrote CAN'T be cancelled out, because I put down that the omniverse was destroyed successfully. So the only possible explanation is that the omniverse in my story is seperate from any other omniverse in existence.

What we're talking about isn't really that big of a stretch. I mean, we're talking about comic books! Most things that happen in comics are impossible, but they still apply in the comics. So what's the big deal about having more than 1 omniverse, when it's concerning two seperate companies?

has the omniverse been obliterated in a marvel comic or dc comic . . .? no? then how do you KNOW if we wiped out the omniverse in comics it WOULDN'T wipe out OUR 'real' world . . .?

shifty

Last edited by leonidas on Nov 20th, 2006 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hey g,

that scan is actually from new adventures of the xmen #12. the series is not supposed to be in continuity, but the rpesence of the lt in that issue made what happened apparently canon. for those interested: that's ALSO the issue where phoenix was said to have had a part in galactus's birth. #12 showed the end of the old universe and birth of the current one . . . whistle

ps--all's i'm saying with the scan and xovers there must be something even BIGGER than the omniverse, something that truly does engulf BOTH companies' respective worlds . . .

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

Originally posted by leonidas
hey g,

that scan is actually from new adventures of the xmen #12. the series is not supposed to be in continuity, but the rpesence of the lt in that issue made what happened apparently canon. for those interested: that's ALSO the issue where phoenix was said to have had a part in galactus's birth. #12 showed the end of the old universe and birth of the current one . . . whistle

Correct ... (Nice to see that at least someone have done his homework)
In the the 4th issue mini-series the Brother's did nothing but fight.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:08 PM
Mr Master

those cap brit scans are cool, mm. wink

cool

They weren't appreciated by some clown.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:17 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

has the omniverse been obliterated in a marvel comic or dc comic . . .? no? then how do you KNOW if we wiped out the omniverse in comics it WOULDN'T wipe out OUR 'real' world . . .?

shifty

Hey, he said ALL works of fiction. Well what I wrote was fiction, so it should have had effect.

ps--all's i'm saying with the scan and xovers there must be something even BIGGER than the omniverse, something that truly does engulf BOTH companies' respective worlds . . .

Yes. The comic book industry.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:19 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by Horrificus
1. If DC is a stand alone Universe, or if they are a part of a Multiverse.

Recent events brought up by Juntai and Leonidas point towards DC having a Multi-verse (that is, if those Comic titles are canon) cause there seems to be a power struggle between certain Writers and Editors of DC.

But for argument's sake, let's just say DC has a Multi-verse.

Now,

I'll have to be shown Proof of DC ever mentioning an Omni-verse, I already Prooved conclusively that Marvel has it's OWN Omni-verse.

2. If there have been any storylines that involve the Omniverse in either DC or Marvel Multiverse comics.

Are you serious?

I just posted like a gazillion scans of Marvel's OMNI-VERSE in action.

If they have both established and effected the Omniverse,

Again,

we may have to create an Omniverse for each comic Multiverse.

Count me out of this one, I'm NOT going to make up anything.

Marvel has it's OWN OMNI-VERSE!

Otherwise, they can exists in the same one for now. (See the Map I attached)

That Map is bogus and inconsequential.

And it has NOTHING to do with DC.

3. Also, even though characters have claimed to have power over the Omniverse, or the term "Omniverse" has been used in comics, for the sake of this thread, I am debating on using anything unless there are feats associated with it.

Merlin, with a bunch of MULTI-VERSES at his COMMAND!

I have attached an Omniversal Map that we can use temporarily, in case there are changes for us to make. This map contains the Omniverse, and focuses on Outer Space for now.
Universe
Multiverse
Omniverse

This Map is rubbish,

And it has NOTHING to do with DC.

Next, I will throw something together that shows the nature of Inner Space. Only for the Universe, Marvel 616 right now, until we get more information on DC.

It will show Pocket Dimensions, Mystic Realms, "Microverses" and other Inner Space dwellings.

Tell me what you guys think.

I'll tell ya,

"Microverses"?

What the heck is that?

The ONE and ONLY Micro-verse was CREATED by the MAKERS, period.

The MAKERS took a UNIVERSE and RE-CREATED it,

the Micro-verse (which they ALSO Created) is PART of this Universe.

"They have taken the FABRIC of the COSMOS, and WOVEN it ANEW"

The MAKERS brought SOULS from all the UNIVERSES of the MUTLI-VERSE into this UNIVERSE they RE-CREATED, to give it meaning.

More proof they RESHAPED a UNIVERSE, into their OWN, and a section of that Universe was the ONE and ONLY MICRO-VERSE, which they also created

"Why can't we look on them? ... Why can't we see the MAKERS?"

"They REAMDE the STARS, the PLANETS, the GALAXIES"
"All I want for now, is to see them"

He gets his wish:

He's allowed to see ONE of the MAKERS:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Mr Master on Nov 20th, 2006 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:20 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Mr Master
Recent events brought up by Juntai and Leonidas point towards DC having a Multi-verse (that is, if those Comic titles are canon) cause there seems to be a power struggle between certain Writers and Editors of DC.

But for argument's sake, let's just say DC has a Multi-verse.

Now,

I'll have to be shown Proof of DC ever mentioning an Omni-verse, I already Prooved conclusively that Marvel has it's OWN Omni-verse.

I normally agree with you on stuff like this(like now I agree about the separate omniverse's), but I can see the logic of acknowledging the omniverse of DC. An omniverse means everything, right? So DC's omniverse would consist of everything in DC. It would be the same for any independent companies as well. The other omniverse's may not be as large as Marvel's, but they would still be the sum of everything within their respective companies, whether it was a universe, mutiverse, or megaverse. Basically, the omniverse would be anything that they publish, and would be limited only by their own desire of scale.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:41 PM
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

Can't you just simply prove that Omniverse = Multiverse?
Because from what I've seen, the Omniverse is nothing but a realm from where you control the Multi-verse.

My visit with Vorador only strengthened my resolve. His power uncontested by mortals, he had fallen to another enemy. Decadence has claimed itself many a great warrior.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:44 PM
Mr Master

thanks for the saturnyne scan, that's all i wanted to know.

Your welcome.

except for in the nebula scan, that works against your argument. you know damn well the ultimate nullifier wasn't omniversal, at least not in any conventional definition of omniversal.

You asked if the Omni-verse was MENTIONED in OTHER titles besides Captain Britain,

I obliged,

Now you give me excuses cloaked by "logic?"....

it's arguable that it was even multiversal,

I think not.

It has been conclusively proven that the UN erased and remade the Multi-verse during the Abraxas arc.

or if it was just multi-universal.

This oughta have the Kree Empire and Darkseid's Techno Chiefs scratching their heads for years to come.

and none of those scans are conclusive. just so you know, conclusive would mean no room for interpretation.

Only a simpleton would have difficulty interpreting the obvious.

the big deal is the word "omni".

Yes,

In Marvel if you add "verse" to that you get Omni-verse,

which simply means ALL the Multi-verses in Marvel.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 11:57 PM
Mr Master

Can't you just simply prove that Omniverse = Multiverse?
Because from what I've seen, the Omniverse is nothing but a realm from where you control the Multi-verse.

Really,

where have you seen this?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 12:00 AM
Mr Master

Originally posted by darthgoober
I normally agree with you on stuff like this(like now I agree about the separate omniverse's), but I can see the logic of acknowledging the omniverse of DC. An omniverse means everything, right? So DC's omniverse would consist of everything in DC. It would be the same for any independent companies as well. The other omniverse's may not be as large as Marvel's, but they would still be the sum of everything within their respective companies, whether it was a universe, mutiverse, or megaverse. Basically, the omniverse would be anything that they publish, and would be limited only by their own desire of scale.

Makes sense,

but it's deceptive to say Omni-verse for DC, if they only have a Multi-verse.

Omni-verse, specifically means (in Marvel) an Infinite number of Multi-verses, or all the Multi-verses in Marvel.

If Multi-verse means, all the Universes in a Multi-verse, how does the term Omni-verse come into paly then?

It would read like this in DC:

Multi-verse = all the Universes in DC

Omni-verse = all the Universes in DC

That's a bit redundant wouldn't you say?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 12:05 AM
Horrificus

mr master, none of those scans indicate multiple multiverses within marvel. which leads me to believe omniverse is cap britain only...has it actually been mentioned outside of excalibur titles?

as far as i know, multiverse is still the sum of marvel.

and regardless of what crusty old cap britain characters say, omniverse would be marvel, dc, image, dark horse, as well as every fiction (film, television, literature, or otherwise) and the real world.

omni.

Ya see, that's what I think too.
Characters mentioning the terms "Multiverse" and "Omniverse" just isn't good enough.
Unless a Multiverse or Omnierse is shown to be effected, or unless action is occurring on a multiversal or omniversal level, why should it be considered as fact?
Maybe in the mythos of Excalibur, there is a Universe or even a Multiverse that is NAMED the Omniverse, but it is not the true Omniverse that the Marvel Universe floats in.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 12:57 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote