KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Thor Reborn! Plus Wizard on Civil War

Thor Reborn! Plus Wizard on Civil War
Started by: Ethereal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I axtually like this new look over his classic attire.

His classic attire is one of the worst costumes out there.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 04:52 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Validus
His classic attire is one of the worst costumes out there.

No I wouldn't say that, some artists can do it justice. I don't mind it, but it was abit to "busy"

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 05:05 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'll take a winged helmet over underwear-on-the-outside anyday. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 06:23 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

RKT was definately the best looking one. I also liked how Thor looked with just pants, flying around in his warrior madness, ruining peoples day.

Imagine this...a Thor that actually LOOKS like Thor? You know, red hair, beard...

Yeah, I know it won't happen, because Marvel has been sporting the blond hair Thor since forever, but I think it'd be cool if there was actually an accurate Thor, maybe from an alternate universe or something.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 06:40 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by roughrider
I'll take a winged helmet over underwear-on-the-outside anyday. wink

I never said Classic Thor was the ONLY hero who looked hideous.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 07:06 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The outfits for both Thor and Superman - neither bothered me at all as a teenager reading comics and watching movies. Now years later, I would like to see adjustments to both of them, but not complete changes.
Thor's look as King and Rune King was terrific. The Ultimate look proposed for Superman - with the Kingdom Come black shield - was great.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 04:36 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
RKT was definately the best looking one. I also liked how Thor looked with just pants, flying around in his warrior madness, ruining peoples day.

Imagine this...a Thor that actually LOOKS like Thor? You know, red hair, beard...

Yeah, I know it won't happen, because Marvel has been sporting the blond hair Thor since forever, but I think it'd be cool if there was actually an accurate Thor, maybe from an alternate universe or something.

Ask and ye shall receive...

From an alternate dimension in the DC Universe - here is VIKING.

A member of the Maximums, an alternate reality team, with similarities to the Avengers (and the Ultimates, more likely.) Teammates include Skyscraper, Soldier, Monster, Robot, Bowman, and Hornet. Bowman is dead and apparently as a ghost, is still speaking to the team. The Maximums went after Superman believing him to have killed Skyscraper. It was later revealed that Lex Luthor had led them to believe it was Superman.

In this reality, Viking is the son of Ice Giants, and weilds an enchanted axe that was cut from black ice by Ymir, that can cut through anything.

Attachment: bio-dc-viking.jpg
This has been downloaded 75 time(s).

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 04:41 PM
HaSon

There's also that Red Norvell guy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 06:40 PM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just noticed that his hair is now cut shorter.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 02:21 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

JMS will ruin Thor.

Mark my fuggin' words.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 04:46 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by long pig
JMS will ruin Thor.

Mark my fuggin' words.

Why do you say that? He's done a pretty good job with the F4. The only problem I've seen with him is the whole Morlun idea in ASM. Supreme Power was amazing.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:26 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by long pig
JMS will ruin Thor.

Mark my fuggin' words.

I have confidence in JMS.
And if it doesn't go well, I bet Michael Oeming is standing by to take over.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:31 AM
-K-M-

Oeming already has Beta Ray Bill, unless Thor joins Omega Flight as well smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:34 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oeming already has Beta Ray Bill, unless Thor joins Omega Flight as well smile

That would be cool to see. They've never been on an actual team together. They'd be the Gimli and Legolas of Canada. Comparing who ko's who.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:37 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

But with both those two together it would take some tough a## villian to really threatan canada....Eh?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:39 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canada's already got some badass villains. Seems like OF's first is Purple Man though. Good pick.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:46 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Martian_mind
But with both those two together it would take some tough a## villian to really threatan canada....Eh?

HA! Have you seen what Alpha Flight rountinely used to battle? Also currently all the villians from the States are fleeing to Canada. In Omega Flight #1 there are spoilers images of Sasquatch destroying the Wrecking Crew.

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Canada's already got some badass villains. Seems like OF's first is Purple Man though. Good pick.

Well I'm almost positive Persuasion a former member of Alpha FLight will show up.

Does anyone know who she is?..... oh she is none other than Purple Man's daughter. cool

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:49 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

When does the first Of come out

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:49 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Martian_mind
When does the first Of come out

April, but they first appear in CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE and another Civil War one-shot
===
http://www.marvel.com/blogs/agent_m

"Yeah, there was an eight-page USAgent story, which threw people into a fit. [Laughs] The basic gist is that due to the Civil War and the extreme crackdown in the superhero community on unregistered heroes, but also on villains, nobody is being left untouched by Civil War. You gotta have some of thse supervillains go on and get outta here. Their choices are Mexico, where there's not a whole lot of stuff to loot, or Canada, which is a lot closer. So they start corssing the border. Alpha Flight no longer exists, as anyone who reads New Avengers knows, so Canada has to start daeling with superpowered villains crossing the border, tearing up the country.
So they form this new team to essentially just stop bad guys. The country's super-crime jumps up about 700% and it's time to go get 'em."

"Mike's scripts...it's not Alpha Flight. That's why it's Omega Flight. It's got more action and bigger thrills than Alpha Flight has probably ever had. It's no-holds-barred."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:53 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

April, but they first appear in CIVIL WAR: THE INITIATIVE and another Civil War one-shot
===
http://www.marvel.com/blogs/agent_m

"Yeah, there was an eight-page USAgent story, which threw people into a fit. [Laughs] The basic gist is that due to the Civil War and the extreme crackdown in the superhero community on unregistered heroes, but also on villains, nobody is being left untouched by Civil War. You gotta have some of thse supervillains go on and get outta here. Their choices are Mexico, where there's not a whole lot of stuff to loot, or Canada, which is a lot closer. So they start corssing the border. Alpha Flight no longer exists, as anyone who reads New Avengers knows, so Canada has to start daeling with superpowered villains crossing the border, tearing up the country.
So they form this new team to essentially just stop bad guys. The country's super-crime jumps up about 700% and it's time to go get 'em."

"Mike's scripts...it's not Alpha Flight. That's why it's Omega Flight. It's got more action and bigger thrills than Alpha Flight has probably ever had. It's no-holds-barred."

Two words:Kick a@@

anyway looks like canada may become a force to be reckone with

Old Post Dec 6th, 2006 05:58 AM