KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Best Free MMO?

Best Free MMO?
Started by: Lord Paradise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Paradise

Best Free MMO?

Well, I've tried getting into AdventureQuest and Runescape respectively, but AQ sucks and Runescape needs the membership to be worth playing. What would you recommend for someone who wants to coast through life without paying any money for anything?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:45 PM
Lord Paradise is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Basically all MMORPGs these days cost money.... so you really don't have a choice. I'm a huge World of Warcraft fan... it costs $15 a month but if you play a lot then its definetely worth every penny.

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 09:04 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

There's quite a few MMOs that are free.

Two that come to mind are Silk Road and Maple Story.

I've not played either, though.

Frankly, I don't think MMOs are worth paying for as they simply aren't interesting enough to warrant the additional cost.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 09:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

silk road is ok.. it reminds me of a simplified Lineage 2... honestly considering its free.. its great.. if you can get past the "Engrish"....and of course the asian theme that permeates the game..

I havent played maple story so I have no idea about that

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 09:17 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

the only MMO i actually thought was worth paying for , after trying the beta, was Phantasy Star Universe..

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 12:16 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J-Beowulf

Never played a good one.

Paying monthly is acceptable as long as you play it a bit. Seriously though, $15 a month is a single trip to the movies worth, and you get unlimited time....

and no overpriced candy smile

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 12:18 AM
J-Beowulf is currently offline Click here to Send J-Beowulf a Private Message Find more posts by J-Beowulf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Knight Online is a half decent free MMO. It's got little extras if you're willing to pay something but I never have.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 10:53 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Best Free MMO?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Paradise
Well, I've tried getting into AdventureQuest and Runescape respectively, but AQ sucks and Runescape needs the membership to be worth playing. What would you recommend for someone who wants to coast through life without paying any money for anything?

Guild Wars has free online play but you still have to buy the game.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 02:11 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB -1138
no expression

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 03:40 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Re: Re: Best Free MMO?

Originally posted by ESB -1138

it was a very good game, i dont think it has the staying power of a lot of other more standard MMO's though. But I had a good 6 months or so.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2006 04:06 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Best Free MMO?

Originally posted by Lord Paradise
bump

AdventureQuest Worlds is pretty sweet but there are far better.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 09:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Is Guild Wars 2 free these days? If so, it's probably that.

SWTOR is also not bad these days.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 10:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

What about LOTR Online? That's still free, right?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 10:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
What about LOTR Online? That's still free, right?
Yeah.

So is DCUO and Vindictus.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 10:31 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I tried TERA a few years ago, that was alright.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 11:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

That Heroes of the Storm is a moba, right?

Noticed it when downloading the two Starcrafts.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 11:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yes it is. I'd be wary of that one if you care about such a game having a competitive scene, Blizzard just announced that they are essentially ending all E-sport support for it, leaving a lot of the pros and teams to move on to other games. Game may not be very healthy right now.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 12:10 AM
cdtm

I know DOTA 2 used to be big.

But I hear League of Legends is the place to be now.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 12:18 AM
BackFire

I don't really follow the moba scene, but I as far as I know LoL is still number 1 by a pretty significant margin, but DOTA2 is still very popular.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 12:35 AM
Jmanghan

AdventureQuest 3D is pretty sweet right now, there's no buy-to-play, pay-to-win and there's BARELY "pay-to-access-certain-content". It has no real incentive but PVP is poppin rn.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2019 04:29 PM