KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Christmas Preparations

Christmas Preparations
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
That disgusts me.

It shouldn't be about getting what YOU want, it should be about giving and trying to make others happy. If you start planning about the things you want and demand them a year in advance that just leads to greed and selfishness.

If you can't see the hypocrisy of you telling Thorinn to buy all the people he knows gifts instead of getting himself a car, while you seem to feel you're more important than your grandparents' home addition, then well I pity you

I have to agree with this. I've asked for one single thing for Christmas as of yet, and it's not something that's very expensive.

What I am less than happy about is that I'm rather broke and can't afford to buy everyone gifts that I want to, and most of the ones I will be able to get won't be able to cost very much. There's probably only one person I'll be able to spend any real amount of money on...but that one person has done more for me then anyone I know and I do have an idea in mind for that.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

To IR, well this is just general whether it relates to you or not, I'll never know, but I dislike selfishness around Christmas time, I hate this whole attitude about what you can do to further yourself, like people making demands etc on their family and friends about material goods. It's ridiculous, since like in the Grinch, the next day most of that crap ends up in the trash or forgotten.

I want above all, not including the money I need for my course, health for my family, and to ace my first university exams. I mean sure it'd be nice if I got a few things like the pair of new sneakers I want but I'm not demanding them.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:05 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grate the Vraya
Disciple of Inglip

Originally posted by InnerRise
Anybody started getting ready for Christmas yet?

Bought gifts?

Put up Christmas Tree?

Don't celebrate Christmas?

Going away?

Out of school/In school?

Excited?

Don't care?

Christmas List?

By the way. If you have a Christmas List or just know what you want already, list it as well.

Thanks. wink

Anata Wa Wakarimasu Ka.....
yup, got the buying done and I got my avvy all "'tis the seasonish"

I got everything!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:05 AM
Grate the Vraya is currently offline Click here to Send Grate the Vraya a Private Message Find more posts by Grate the Vraya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Originally posted by Lana
I have to agree with this. I've asked for one single thing for Christmas as of yet, and it's not something that's very expensive.

What I am less than happy about is that I'm rather broke and can't afford to buy everyone gifts that I want to, and most of the ones I will be able to get won't be able to cost very much. There's probably only one person I'll be able to spend any real amount of money on...but that one person has done more for me then anyone I know and I do have an idea in mind for that.

I agree, I'm more upset by the fact I have no money to buy people gifts, being in school and not working for a long time, plus expensive textbooks have drained my account. sad

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:06 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

To IR, well this is just general whether it relates to you or not, I'll never know, but I dislike selfishness around Christmas time, I hate this whole attitude about what you can do to further yourself, like people making demands etc on their family and friends about material goods. It's ridiculous, since like in the Grinch, the next day most of that crap ends up in the trash or forgotten.

I want above all, not including the money I need for my course, health for my family, and to ace my first university exams. I mean sure it'd be nice if I got a few things like the pair of new sneakers I want but I'm not demanding them.
Well why not stop "Demanding" and just "Ask" and if you get it, you get it and if you don't, you don't.

It's not all about Demanding. You seem sort of biased.

Are you against ASKING in general? Do you come from a line of psychic decent?

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:09 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I agree, I'm more upset by the fact I have no money to buy people gifts, being in school and not working for a long time, plus expensive textbooks have drained my account. sad

I am working, but my checks aren't much because unfortunately I just can't get enough hours...so between that and stuff like paying for car insurance and school stuff, has left me fairly broke.

I'll be likely blowing half my paycheck I get on Friday this weekend on a single gift. I love to go all out on gifts, I spoil the hell out of my family and friends, but I simply can't afford to do so this year...but there's one person in particular I really want to do so for.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:11 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I am working, but my checks aren't much because unfortunately I just can't get enough hours...so between that and stuff like paying for car insurance and school stuff, has left me fairly broke.

I'll be likely blowing half my paycheck I get on Friday this weekend on a single gift. I love to go all out on gifts, I spoil the hell out of my family and friends, but I simply can't afford to do so this year...but there's one person in particular I really want to do so for.

It's sad because I so love shopping for people.
Specially when you find the perfect little thing for each individual, just to cap off the gift, like a star wars christmas ornament, or a simpson's beer mug, things that you know they'll love and get some pleasure from.
I don't understand how people can go in and be done all their shopping in like a day. It takes me forever because I love making each gift personal.

Well why not stop "Demanding" and just "Ask" and if you get it, you get it and if you don't, you don't.

It's not all about Demanding. You seem sort of biased.

Are you against ASKING in general? Do you come from a line of psychic decent?

You specifically said demanding.
I'm not against people making Christmas lists, heck I make them too, but it's ridiculous when people thrown tantrums when they don't get what's on them.
Personally I just enjoy being thought of and remembered enough to get anything at all even if it's just a card.
I want sneakers, but if I don't get them, tough cookies, there's always other chances to. It's not the end of the world if I don't always get what I want.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:16 AM
LanceWindu

I've spent $100 and change this year on gifts. Not much because I'm on a budget, but the gifts I chose were either useful to the person I bought it for...or I know the person will love the gift.

The only thing I've asked for this year is a bit of new clothes.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:16 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LethalFemme
Year Of The Femme

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I've spent $100 and change this year on gifts. Not much because I'm on a budget, but the gifts I chose were either useful to the person I bought it for...or I know the person will love the gift.

Have you bought me anything dad?

I did a little shopping after Tday. Funny thing is all I could find that I bought was a toilet seat.

KMC's WOTM for September is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Morning_Glory

KMC' MOTM for September is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vinny Valentine

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:19 AM
LethalFemme is currently offline Click here to Send LethalFemme a Private Message Find more posts by LethalFemme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Specially when you find the perfect little thing for each individual, just to cap off the gift, like a star wars christmas ornament, or a simpson's beer mug, things that you know they'll love and get some pleasure from.
I don't understand how people can go in and be done all their shopping in like a day. It takes me forever because I love making each gift personal.

I'm the same way. Last year I think I stopped at the mall nearly every day on the way home from school, picking out a gift or two for someone each trip. Took me the whole month to get my shopping done, but I take my time in doing so.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:20 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

You specifically said demanding.
I'm not against people making Christmas lists, heck I make them too, but it's ridiculous when people thrown tantrums when they don't get what's on them.
Personally I just enjoy being thought of and remembered enough to get anything at all even if it's just a card.
I want sneakers, but if I don't get them, tough cookies, there's always other chances to. It's not the end of the world if I don't always get what I want.
Oh ok. I see.

Originally posted by LanceWindu

I use to be crazy about getting new clothes each year for Christmas. At my school it's a think that everybody wanted to do. As soon as you came back you were bombarded my everybody judging and criticing you on the new clothes you got and how many you got and what you got. It was crazy.

Now that I'm in college, I don't even want to go get new clothes. I've always hated shopping for clothes and trying them on. So it's a relief now that the I only go shopping once a year and that's in the summer before the new school year begins.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:20 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LethalFemme
Year Of The Femme

Oh ok. I see.

I use to be crazy about getting new clothes each year for Christmas. At my school it's a think that everybody wanted to do. As soon as you came back you were bombarded my everybody judging and criticing you on the new clothes you got and how many you got and what you got. It was crazy.

Now that I'm in college, I don't even want to go get new clothes. I've always hated shopping for clothes and trying them on. So it's a relief now that the I only go shopping once a year and that's in the summer before the new school year begins.

Didn't you throw a fit last year about Christmas presents?laughing out loud stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:23 AM
LethalFemme is currently offline Click here to Send LethalFemme a Private Message Find more posts by LethalFemme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LethalFemme
Didn't you throw a fit last year about Christmas presents?laughing out loud stick out tongue
huh

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:24 AM
silver_tears

I'm the same way. Last year I think I stopped at the mall nearly every day on the way home from school, picking out a gift or two for someone each trip. Took me the whole month to get my shopping done, but I take my time in doing so.

Exactly big grin
I was lucky last year since having worked all the way up to Christmas pretty decent hours I had plenty of money to buy people awesome personalized gifts. It's gonna kinda suck this year but what can you do right.
I'm just lucky my brother bought our parents their gifts, which I picked out, since he can afford them, so that's something.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:25 AM
LethalFemme
Year Of The Femme

huh

I could have sworn it was you before you did the name change that was talking about your step mother making you wait until after church to open presents.confused

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:26 AM
silver_tears

Tsk no

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:27 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I could have sworn it was you before you did the name change that was talking about your step mother making you wait until after church to open presents.confused
laughing out loud

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:30 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ha. I don't have a stepmother.

My mother doesn't even go to church.

no expression

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:30 AM
LethalFemme
Year Of The Femme

Tsk no

Quiet.stick out tongue

Originally posted by Thorinn
laughing out loud

What?laughing out loud

Ha. I don't have a stepmother.

My mother doesn't even go to church.

no expression

Sorry my mistake.laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:38 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes it was. no expression

Hilarious. no expression

Old Post Nov 29th, 2006 04:38 AM