KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Who thinks that Clark can fly already?

Who thinks that Clark can fly already?
Started by: Jamaican

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

no, when he falls and stays mid air in the barn is in the Superman retuns trailer

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 08:47 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dru-Zod

Yea, it doesn't actually happen in the show.
You should unscramble your Superman references wink

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 09:25 PM
Dru-Zod is currently offline Click here to Send Dru-Zod a Private Message Find more posts by Dru-Zod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Holy sh*t, yeah sorry. Only watched SR again the other day.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 10:02 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dru-Zod
Actually, before he got off the grouns, we saw that sort of «super speed air» thing that he did before he flew whene he was Kal-El.

So my theory is that he knows he CAN fly but he can only do it whene he feels really strong emotions (the missil it was fear of loosing his loved ones and with lana it was love (although with Lanan it could have been a jump)) but the only reason why he doesn't try to fly is beacause HE'S SCARED OF HIGHTS!!! No 1 seems to have remembered that! He makes such a big fuss of that in the frist season!

And theres also the 6th season premier whene he's fighting against Zod and they were FLYING! No 1 can tell me that tha was a jump! YOu might think that it was only Zod that was flying, but Clark couldn't have stayed that close to him if he wasn't flying as well!

You do realise Clark and Zod were holding onto eachother while flying through the air, it's not exactly a big stretch to say Zod was carrying clark with him, and Clark def has the strength to pull himself up so he is face to face with Zod.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 06:29 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dru-Zod

What i meant was that their legs wouldn't have been together. This is just my opinion but i don't think thats natural

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 01:26 AM
Dru-Zod is currently offline Click here to Send Dru-Zod a Private Message Find more posts by Dru-Zod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dan-El
The Emerald Archer

It is if you're in front of a green screen! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 02:01 AM
Dan-El is currently offline Click here to Send Dan-El a Private Message Find more posts by Dan-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dru-Zod

i guess. If i ever become a director, I'm gonna look out for details like that

Old Post Jan 6th, 2007 12:21 AM
ankur29
ankur

i'm not sure about the flying but guys does clark have microscopic vision yet?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 04:38 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dru-Zod

no

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 01:22 PM
darktim1

Yeah but when they started the series they said no tights no flights besides at beginning season4.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 06:00 PM
darktim1 is currently offline Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

He flew last night and you all know it!
Where you want to admit it even to yourselves may be a different story but he did fly. Otherwise he and Lois would've crashed into the next building and at a much faster rate of decent.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 10:47 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

that was a leap, thus the "Leap tall buildings in a single bound" thing Lois said.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 10:54 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Kal875
that was a leap, thus the "Leap tall buildings in a single bound" thing Lois said.

Agreed but, it was in part flying as well seeing as how when he and Lois landed they didn't crash but rather landed slowly and with grace.

But I do have to go we can continue this discussion later if you wish?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 11:08 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

I think he just landed softly. People can control that.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 11:21 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Entity
Agreed but, it was in part flying as well seeing as how when he and Lois landed they didn't crash but rather landed slowly and with grace.

But I do have to go we can continue this discussion later if you wish?
I think it has to do with his aura. Remember Superman flies because of the invisible aura around him. This aura is also the reason why bullets never go though his clothes. Its not a stretch to say he has semi control of it but not enough to do full scale flying.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Feb 2nd, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2007 11:33 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
twntrbo03'

clark doesn't fly, because he hasn't begun his training with Kal-el. but then again i'm a newb and could be wrong

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 01:43 PM
twntrbo03' is currently offline Click here to Send twntrbo03' a Private Message Find more posts by twntrbo03' Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

lol!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 02:48 PM
Amazon

Re: Who thinks that Clark can fly already?

Originally posted by Jamaican
Who thinks that Clark can already fly?? (Don't read if you aren't up-to-date with Smallville)

I was having a discussion with a friend on another subject and while we were having it he said Clark knows how to fly. I said "Hold Up - he doesn't know HOW to fly yet", to which he said yes.

His reasoning is that in the 100th episode where he takes Lana to the Fortress, he flys up to a higher point with her in his hands. Before he said that, I always assumed he jumped. But it got me thinking.

Then of course the other side to it is that he always runs, if he knew how to fly, wouldn't he?? I would... Also in the last episode (I think it was the last one) when Martian Manhunter flys away, wouldn't he chase after him VIA flying??

Let me know your thoughts

I think in the fortress Clark was taking giant leaps, like he did with Lois when they were on Red Krytonite. Clark leapt from the Daily planet to Oliver's old Apartment.

As for flying Kal is right that it takes his concentration to control his powers. But in the series Clark has said many times that he's afraid of heights. This may be why he hasn't explored that area yet.

But I do think he's capable of flying. He just chooses not to because of the height thing.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 04:31 PM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avenger2.0

How come Zod could fly after he had powers for 12 minutes?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:05 AM
Avenger2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Avenger2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Avenger2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Because Zod is WAAAAY older and had altered Lex's body to make it like a true adult kryptonians body.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 03:21 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote