KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Warhammer 40,000 RP Thread

Warhammer 40,000 RP Thread
Started by: Bardiel13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sauragnmon
Necrontyr Extraordinaire

Shan'tahk watched as more of the flesh-beings fell from the sky. Their steel pods were inefficient, but still effective. They carried a limited number. The Necrontyr fleet pulled back, taking shelter between the planets in that dark space. More might be required, but there were many more beneath their feet. Similar to the arrival of the harder flesh-beings, two black tears fell to the planet, landing in the mountains north of the city. They made no craters as they landed, they made no thunderous mark, their flame trails of entry into the atmosphere faded as they slowed under their lift generators, slowing into a hover that faded, to a few feet off the ground. The panel over the portal slid up, a rippling green-tinted reflection of the world replacing it. Moments later, hulking Necrontyr shapes, carrying weapons larger than their smaller bretheren, approximately double, stepped from the gateways, numbering twenty in all. Behind them, another twenty warriors joined the group. A small visible force, they proceeded towards the city through the mountains, marching for now through the passes. The tomb called, and their brothers needed to be awakened.

"They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void, and it will attract the others of their kind. We must choose Unity or Death."
--Maechu, Farseer of Ulthwe

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 08:58 PM
Sauragnmon is currently offline Click here to Send Sauragnmon a Private Message Find more posts by Sauragnmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

The scouts moved on from the space marine encampment, mapping terrain and marking troop encampments along the way-until a peculiar sight caught their eyes-2 pitch black dropships, that had left no crater or any sign of entry at impact zone. A scout reported that, "i...i dont...stand..at's...oing on...insignia...crescent on a brass star....5 lines..." Dmitri's face was stern. the scouts were out of radio contact range-or what they were facing was an EMP. He had seen this insignia before. this was a mark of the Necrontyr race. The scouts managed to hear out 1 word from the radio: "Run."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 09:55 PM
staraddict93 is currently offline Click here to Send staraddict93 a Private Message Find more posts by staraddict93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

ooc

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sauragnmon
OOC

yeah, five hundred marines. Five companies. Thus two battle barges is not five hundred marines, it's Six. Both Strikes and Barges carry Thunderhawks in addition to drop pods, providing your support.

This has been a public service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood BFG player.

You dont need to deploy ALL the companies in both the barges, he's probably leaving one in reserve, you kno what i mean?

This has been a message from...well, me.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:01 PM
staraddict93 is currently offline Click here to Send staraddict93 a Private Message Find more posts by staraddict93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

ooc
ouch powned i bow out but its been written so my bad. Are the marines any good in gothisc? i'm thinking about starting it up when i'm finished with my blood angels

“They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness shall blight them. They will have tactics strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the defenders of humanity. They are my space marines, and they shall know no fear.” - The God Emperor of Mankind

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:34 PM
llamaman88 is currently offline Click here to Send llamaman88 a Private Message Find more posts by llamaman88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

three companies made planet fall in key locations of the planet. two remained to help the imperial forces in space.
Rosiels hearts thudded in his thraot as his command squad plummeted from the battle barge that brought them. His company was sent to search for the chaos legion, he had picked the best task for himself. 3rd and 6th companies would combat the tau and necron respectivly.
ETA thirty seconds the vox chimed.

“They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness shall blight them. They will have tactics strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the defenders of humanity. They are my space marines, and they shall know no fear.” - The God Emperor of Mankind

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:57 PM
llamaman88 is currently offline Click here to Send llamaman88 a Private Message Find more posts by llamaman88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

ooc
Better?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 05:57 PM
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

Rosiel landed in the spot cleared by his company, he thought to find traitors to kill, instead he found guardsman sneaking around his perimiter as if he was the heretic. The black rage begane calling to him, fury at their distrust of his aide. They called for marine support and he responded with half his chapter! Maybe they were wary of his power, maybe they were investigating him to see if he was salvation or enemy reinforcements. The traitor legions had similar equiptment. Rosiel pushed his rage back down and kept an eye on his auspex. "Storm Troopers? hmmm they could be useful" he thought aloud.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 06:59 PM
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

ooc
indeed.
you know where saur is?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:39 PM
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

Dmitri had advanced with the bulk of his squad to the space marine encampment, with a new reinforcement of Storm Troopers to help defend if aggression was used. It was a tough path, through marshes and swamps, but Dmitri had finally set foot near the trees where the scouts once were. He threw a pebble to draw attention.

Last edited by staraddict93 on Dec 21st, 2006 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:42 PM
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

Finally tired of waiting for the storm troopers, rosiel motioned his squad to surround them. then he walked forward into a clearing. "I am Captain Joacin Rosiel of the Blood Angels. I'm hear to liberate this world from aliens and traitors. If you are traitors begin praying to your dark gods, elsewise come out and assess the situation for me as i've just landed."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 07:54 PM
Sauragnmon
Necrontyr Extraordinaire

OOC-

Watch the double posting, and maybe you boys should wait for others to post as well, like Bardiel and Kauyon... no need to go a mile a minute.

As for your question, the Marines can be downright nasty in Gothic. They're tough, they hit like a sledgehammer, and their thunderhawks are outright annoying. Their soft spot is numbers though. You'll want to make sure you read their rules entry though before you go out and start buying randomly so you actually have a usable fleet.

"They will seek to harvest us at first, for they will be hungry after their long sleep. Then they will turn their efforts to enslaving the survivors. The galaxy will bleed the stench of death into the void, and it will attract the others of their kind. We must choose Unity or Death."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:44 PM
Sauragnmon is currently offline Click here to Send Sauragnmon a Private Message Find more posts by Sauragnmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sauragnmon
Necrontyr Extraordinaire

One of the flesh-beings drew too close, too visible. A Warrior spotted the scout and raised his gauss flayer, the high pitched whine as the weapon fired filling the air as it flew, stripping its target apart, layer by layer, no remains left when it was over, save maybe a pair of boots. They continued, uncaring, unflinching, death on two feet, approaching the city and the tomb of their brothers.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 08:47 PM
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

One of the scouts stifled a scream, and the other had almost fainted, but the remaining squad member remained calm, and motioned his comrades to report back to base silently and quickly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Dmitri's host of storm troopers, kasrkins, and his armored column are surrounded by space marines. His troops almost all recoiled, and the armored captains were stuttering on their radios.
"Peace, Brother-Captain Rosiel. I am Sgt. Dmitri T'schaik, of the Cadian 412th subcompany 87 regiment." He lifted up his imperial banner, as to signify his involvement with the imperium. He motioned his soldiers to lay down arms, and said, "At ease, I dont think they will be agressive to us. Be assured, Captain Rosiel, i am no heretic."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 09:00 PM
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

"Good" he says tersly. He signals his men to stand down.
"Have you seen any of the supposed traitor legions down here or are my reports wrong? What enemy is in this area?"
Rosiel's vox washed with static and then heard "Brother Captain, xenos spo..." and it washed over with more static

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:01 PM
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

Dmitri's face turned grim. "I have heard reports from my scouts of the locusts of death. They most likely seek to awaken their bretheren in Boril." The remaining Kasrkin scouts from the mission stumbled into the clearing. "Necron'tyr! they head for Boril, my lords!" The scouts seemed tense and were covered with wounds and flayed flash on some parts of their bodies. Dmitri's eyes widened. "Get these men into the Sacred Artifact! Men! We are faced with grim circumstances. A legion of Necron warriors are beginning to plague this land, and we must destroy them. However, the Imperial Guard alone cannot deal with this threat alone. We must seek the Blood Angels' aid. These merciless robotic fiends will be the end of this planet if we do not stop them now. Brother-
Captain, wha is your response?"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:49 PM
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

"Brothers we are the sons of Sanguinius, space marines of the God emperor of mankind! We will crush these devils, then we will find the traitors!" He orders the squad leaders and Dmitri to a war council. He knew his company would be able to handle themselves against a hundred or more necrons,but not legions. He would need to get allies and support but with the guard elements fighting on dozens of theaters across the planet who could aide him against this menace?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:07 AM
Sauragnmon
Necrontyr Extraordinaire

Almost as if to punctuate the Brother Captain's words, a hundred clawed hands would tear their way to the surface around them. Flayed ones, adorned in the skins of their prey, tore out of the ground and started attacking the Blood Angels and Guardsmen. All totalled, there were roughly fifty of them, a small probe, but still enough to cause panic and fear in those given to such things. The Flayed ones had followed the guardsmen above them, leading them to this grouping. They had laid in wait and struck without notice, erupting around them. Shan'tahk would have smiled as they reported it, could he have done so. He did so internally, listening to the whispers in the back of his mind as they attacked the flesh-beings. They were accompanied by the harder ones, those who were wrapped in armor, but really it mattered nought to the claws of flayed ones, who even in life had been a little morbid and unbalanced, now in immortality relishing in the chance to skin their foes and wear it, either as a dark trophy or to terrify their foes, neither really mattered to him, but the latter was a pleasant effect.

OOC - Welcome to Ceris, from your local Necron Lord.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:17 PM
staraddict93
I'm Definetely Emo.

Dmitri himself had paled at the sight of the Necrons. "Form up men, plasma rifles out! They won't last long under them!" Dmitri ordered fire on the vile Necron warriors, but most of the guards men were already paling and ready to lay down their arms and drop dead. "Clear the area for heavy artillery bombardment!" the troops scattered into the trees and tried to hold the flayed ones off until the armored column and the Stormtrooper reserve arrived. "Brother-Captain, clear the area! quickly, i say!" some of the slower Kasrkin soldiers were instantly torn apart by the Flayed Ones. Almost in a synchonized way, all the remaining Kasrkins laid down a shower of Hellblaster rounds, trying to suppress the necron incoming.

Last edited by staraddict93 on Dec 23rd, 2006 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 03:30 PM
llamaman88
Servant of The Emperor

Enraged, Rosiel's vision blurred and for an instant there were not necrons but men in power armor. Shaking the images from his mind he leapt into the fray punching and kicking the metal warriors. though they were made of metal he felt a satisfying crunchas he stepped on a downed warrior's skull. His power fists hummed as he activated their force feilds. The few flayed ones to oppose him were ripped apart by his savagery. A few rose again and he gladly tore them into smaller pieces.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 06:17 AM
moopoo
Paladin Commander

OOC: Sorry guys that it took me so long to reply

"Commisar were landing in 5...4...3..... Ah shi..*Bzt*
The ship is hit shakes and gains more speed and comes crashing into the fight crushing both human and necrons alike. Then the the doors fly open and out jumps the Commisar swinging his sword into the first flayed ones flesh and cuts him in half as lasgun and hellgun shots fly over his shoulder into the nearest Necron soldiers.

"For the Emperor men charge!!" screamed Lidel

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 06:28 AM
moopoo is currently offline Click here to Send moopoo a Private Message Find more posts by moopoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote