KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- Main Rules and character creation (Updated 2011)

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- Main Rules and character creation (Updated 2011)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Creepy, Rex.

So, I have very little understanding of all the spells, other than what they do and that I thought it fit the Silvan vibe...

Nice trick.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 11:30 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is true.

You're only due one spell choice, though, which gets you two spells.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 11:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Well, I took Proficient for a Background point.

Nice trick.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 11:38 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah! That gives you five points to spend on one list alone- generally the entire of one list, but being a Warrior you could only ever use the first three. Hence, proficient might be a tad of a waste for you.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 31st, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 11:45 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Ah, okay. I'll make that change.

So, spell wise, just Light and Shade?

And I think I'll change that Background point to another Item of Quality, giving me an Elvish Mirkwood Bow at +10.

Oh, and a shield would be good, wouldn't it?

Nice trick.

Last edited by Vera21 on Dec 31st, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2006 11:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You get a shield as part of your starting gear I believe.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 12:56 AM
Fire

shield is always useful. Btw Ush do Eotheod still get the +20 on combat rolls while they're mounted?

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 09:51 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup, thanks for reminding me- must put specials in.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 12:07 PM
General Zink
Bane

That's gotta be nifty.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 07:29 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, some people have posted seeking help with character creation- are they still interested? I now have the time needed to help.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 01:00 PM
Lord Melkor

Could you check my character, Ush? Though when I made him I didn`t take into consideration open Essence spells. Do you have any suggestions on spell choices?

And is Lana playing Animist or thief after all?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 01:15 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I believe Lana has settled on Animist.

Difficult to tell with spells, though the Light path is very useful.

----

NOTE!

Special abilities by race have now been added. From Hobbity resistance to Beorningy Bear-changing (nifty!), make sure you go check.

And yes, Elves rock.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 01:56 PM
Peach
mordrem

Oooh, neat, stuff.

And I indeed decided on Animist.

...I wanted a killer kitty and those spells are just WAY too cool.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2007 07:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Heh, nifty.

In regards to William's current skill with a sword...is 2 just absolutely dreadful and not ever going to save his life in close combat?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 09:14 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Yay free Secondary Skill points...

Anglomir will put one of these points into raising his Leadership score, for sure...

The other three...hmm...put one point in Song and the other two in Gambling.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 09:21 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wouldn't go troll hutning Zink, no.

But that's eleven points you can put into defence if need be. That can save a life.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 11:17 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Oh, ixnay on how I spent my Secondary points...

1 point to raise Leadership, 1 to Gambling, 2 to Hunting!

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 11:29 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Any more spells coming soon to entice me into finishing Palidan?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 11:38 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Ok Finalized Palidan, at least until I can pick more spells

Palidan A NOLDOR ELF MAGE
Level 2 XP=25000

Starting Stats

Strength: 0
Agility: 3
Constitution: 2
Intuition: 1 +2
Intelligence: 1 +2 (Profession)
Presence: 5

Add two points to one stat as defined by your profession
Add two points among other stats (you may not improve the profession stat)

Starting Skills

Unarmoured- (1/3)=4 Base= 20
One-handed edged weapons- 1 +2 +2 =(5/0) Base =25
Missile Weapons- 1 (1/3) =4 Base=20
Ride- 1 +2 (3/3)=6 Base =30
Swim- 2 (2/3)=5 Base =25
Stalk/Hide- 2 (2/5)=7 Base=35
Read Runes- 2 +2 (4/3)=7 Base=35
Use Item- 1 +3 (4/3)=7 Base 35
Perception- 3 (3/3)=6 Base 30
Track (Intelligence) +2 (2/3)=5 Base=25
Directed Spell Use +3 (3/3)=6 Base 30
Body Development- 1 +2+2+2*5=35 Stamina
Mages add twice their level to all rolls involving Magic skills. They also add three times their level to Undirected attack spells (e.g. Ball spells)

12 Spell Choices

I Alu o Elbereth

Level 1: Shield

Level 2: Prayer (Aura)

Galu o Varda

Level 1: Light

Level 2: Shade

Level 3: Light in the Darkness

I Thurin Naur

Level 1: Spark

Level 2: Resist Fire (Aura)

Level 3: Smoke S

I Valan o Heleg

Level 1: Frost
Level 2: Resist Cold (Aura)
I Chir o Nen

Level 1: Water Finding

Level 2: Purify Water

Background-
(The Clif-notes version)
Palidan was born in 1641, son of Keialran and Regelar and as a young elf he began to train with Galadriel, learning her arts, and understanding the power of the elves that he had running though his veins. After studying the arts of his kin for nearly 250 years, Palidan’s confusion came to a crux. He became frustrated with Galadriel’s hatred and distrust of men, and the world outside of Lorien. He needed to understand, not be told. So in what is still considered a brash and youthfully ignorant decision by most of his kin, he left Lorian and began to travel Middle Earth. After traveling around for quite some time, and witnessing both the hypocrisy as well as the hospitality of man, he cam across a group of travelers as he had done many times before, yet this time they were different. These were no ordinary travelers. These were a group of warriors, adventures, people on a mission. They were traveling to a fortress to lend aid in a breaking a siege. Palidan sensed that these were not ordinary mortals, and indeed some of them were elves and such, but they had a quality that is not often seen in men. This intrigued Palidan and he decided to join them on their quests.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 09:50 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Galadriel`s hatred of men? I don`t think she hates them.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 10:51 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote