KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 SECOND ASSIGNMENT- 'The Monastery'

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 SECOND ASSIGNMENT- 'The Monastery'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (105): « First ... « 103 104 [105]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors remains mostly quiet, just relieved to have escaped death yet again.

I reaches into one of the bags that the others with Dallas had brought along and retrieves a katana- an exact replica of the one he lost- and places it in the sheath at his belt.

"Somehow we manage to cling to luck every time," Mors says. "It applied with the Melitus situation, it applied here today. And it's never any less stressful."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 12:59 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

And now it's time for happy-fun-Lana-ranting!

Also known as I b!tch people out for things we messed up! Woohoo!

Okay, first and foremost. People need to pay better attention to what's going on and what is around them. This could have solved a lot of issues much quicker had people actually paid attention to what was happening and what was in the area. Yes, I am guilty of this as well and am certainly trying to keep track of what's going on other than just in my immediate area. Everyone else? Needs to do that as well. Paying attention to what the area looks like is also very important and on that matter, don't expect me to make maps for every assignment.

Wasting time = bad. Very bad. When we're trying to make a mad escape so we don't all DIE, having a SWAT killing contest is NOT a good idea. Do that some other time when there aren't Agents swarming around, or do it in the dojo.

Sort of an offshoot of wasting time...PLEASE keep track of what turn you're on! Losing turns because you've wasted them due to not paying attention = very very bad! So please don't do it. If your turn number does not match everyone elses, then you have turns to make up. And when you're making up turns, do not forget to take your actual turn as well!

And then offshooting of THAT...if you're on and you know you have a turn and haven't posted anything...well, don't do that. If you're actually away for a few days that's one thing. But if you're online and read the thread and then don't act...that's annoying. It's excuse-less. Don't do it.

I would normally here insert a paragraph about people not following orders and ignoring plans but that really didn't happen this time around, so I can skip that for...well, probably the first time ever!

However, do not expect for every single little contigency to get planned out for you. Yes, I did end up doing just that pretty much this whole assignment, and yes, it pissed me the hell off - just ask Ush how mad I got at things. Rex, GK, and Barb can also vouch for this. You guys all have brains, use them. I'll say this much - I am NOT doing that again.

And BB, for ****'s sake, kindly help me out with planning and all that next time around. Having all the responsibility for everything dropped on me was less than fun. We have two first officers, not one. I may be good at planning and apparently very good at fixing messes, but actually leading is not something I am any good at (mostly due to having zero experience in doing anything of the sort). So a bit of help would be much appreciated.

Well, that's that. Considering how horribly bad this assignment went, what with a dozen Agents turning up, I think we actually did fairly well, even though things fell apart for a while. Everyone got out alive, and only two people went down, which is the least people dropping that we've ever had in a fight. So yay for that.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 03:05 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Woohoo I wasn't named although I was one of the guys that went down stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 03:34 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"You don't need luck when I'm in charge," says Dallas. "Well then... Fortress it is!"

And as if nothing particularly stressful has been going on, Dallas strides off along the trail.

It takes a while for you to work out that the absurdly tuneless whistle he produces is "Hi-ho" from Snow White.

---

"Did the Humans give any indication as to their plan?"

Lo Qi shrugged.

"Not really a plan," he said. "It's not as if they knew what they were here for. I believe they were consdering visiting the Fortress."

"Ah." The Agent smiled. "Then my only remaining purpose here will be to find the bodies."

---

End

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 15th, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 12:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa
King of the bitchslappers

Ush, Sometimes I hate you. =P

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 12:48 PM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

(I'm hoping Berserker can at least walk by now)

Berserker gets up and begins to follow Dallas. After realizing what the tune was Dallas was whistling he gave a little smile. Then he in turn began to whistle along with Dallas.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:28 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

Pulling a loose .50 DEagle round from his pocket, Barb whips it at San. Hitting her in the square of her back.

"So, have fun in there? Oh captain my Captain?"
He says jokingly, a grin plastered across his face.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 01:53 AM
Barbarossa is currently offline Click here to Send Barbarossa a Private Message Find more posts by Barbarossa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Come off it, lad," Klez says. "No use pestering the First Mate."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 02:30 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

"Nein. It's a little game I play, Mein Freund." He replies with a sinister smile. "I harass her, she gets pissed at me. In the process, amusing me further."

He shoots another bemused grin at San.

"Oublieux." He says, Rolling his eyes.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 06:31 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I don't quite find landing on my face amusing," Klez says, "so I do not understand. Not to mention that she just fell down a mountain..."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 08:02 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"Barb, just back off." San says, annoyed.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 01:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

"See? Good stuff!"

(He appears very hyped up. Which is a frieghtening concept, when from someone as big as he.)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 09:00 PM
Lord Melkor

"She doesn`t seem to be much amused. You are sure that you want to annoy officers?"- Melkor grins.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 09:27 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

"Ah, the joys of being the Comedic Relief!" He replies with a smile.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 07:39 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"If you say so," Mors says. "Don't pester San, though. There'd be a lot of dead bodies for Zion to bury if it wasn't for her."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 10:33 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

"Meh, not my problem if people are too daft to make logical decisions." He says, the smile fading. "Everyone that decided to hide inside would have indeed, been dead if not for her." He grimly looks about the bedraggled group.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 12:53 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"Of course there was panic," Melis says. "The System dumped all of their resources right on top of us! I've never had to deal with more than three Agents. They gave us four times that amount."

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 12:55 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Heph just watches the others, not entirely sure why they're bickering and more preoccupied with the Key than wanting to participate.

He holds it in one hand, then tosses it over to the other, contemplatively.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 12:56 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barbarossa

"Flexibility, and the ability to adapt to new situations are two reasons why there are still humans left alive to fight." Barb says to Melis "Please tell me that you indeed, are Flexible enough to cope with surprising situations yourself. Otherwise, You will simply fail in your fight, and die..."

He no longer carries any signs of sarcasm. His face rigid, features almost stone like. Although his eyes follow the movement of the Key between Heph's hands.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 03:07 AM